Game crash runtime error wrap_oal.dll

The game keeps crashing giving runtime errors here`s a screenshot of the error

in the event log the error is like this:

Faulting application name: PathOfExileSteam.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54c0384e
Faulting module name: wrap_oal.dll, version: 2.2.0.7, time stamp: 0x4b04488c
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x00048441
Faulting process id: 0x1da0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0365767fd5fbf
Faulting application path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\PathOfExileSteam.exe
Faulting module path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\wrap_oal.dll
Report Id: bb42cc6f-a252-11e4-9722-00262d813801
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

basicly what happens: i play maybe 20-30 minutes where all is fine and dandy, no problems at all, but after some time passes when i go from a map to another, it gives the error in the image.

Just to clear it up even more:
- i do have all the drivers up to date
- i have a fresh windows 8.1 install 32 bit
- my video card even if its a laptop does support the latest pixel shader version. 5.0 ati mobility radeon hd 5470

Thank you in advance.
Hi there,

The error you describe tends to occur when your game runs out of RAM, which is common on PCs with low RAM or running 32-bit versions of Windows. Running the game with Texture Quality set to Medium usually fixes this, though having less than 4gb of RAM will cause problems after changing areas a number of times.

It may also help to add -gc 2 to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut target if you're playing on the standalone client, or your Launch Options if you're using the Steam Client.

If you have any further questions or issues please feel free email us and we will do our best to help out.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
Can u tipe an example?
"
nesimtzitaa wrote:
Can u tipe an example?

Go to the properties of your POE shortcut and type "-gc 2" behind the target that ends with PathofExile.exe (if im not mistaking)
wrap_oal.dll is OpenAl .dll. Issues with OpenAl .dll's point to sound related problems or corrupted OpenAl files. Try next:
reinstall OpenAl
add --softwareaudio to poe shortcut or change it throgh game options.
Since I don't see your DxDiag file I can't tell more.
The error you posted on the screen's is RAM related, if you have 4GB or less RAM you should install windows xp. If you have more then 4 GB RAM you slould install 64 bit windows, since 32 bit windows alows you to use only 3.5 RAM and 0.5 reserved for video RAM.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Feb 2, 2015, 12:56:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info