Build Idea w/ new unique quiver

Maloney's Nightfall

The problem with the quiver is the smoke cloud is created on hit, but of course bow users always take advantage of acro and evasion. So to make the smoke cloud work you would have to take IR and stack obscene amount of armor.

Then the skill itself should be something that puts you in melee range, so RoA and PB maybe a chin sol? Being stretched out for points it doesn't seem like going crit is worth it, over just using a lioneyes or chin sol.

The tree so far: http://poeurl.com/zc27zCK

Any experienced rangers want to weigh on how this would perform against a crit tornado shot build?

Looking to roll this on bloodlines.

Reflect shouldn't be a problem with high armor and being in melee range with an CWDT setup for IC, and the fact it is a non crit build. Possibly use a carcass jack?

5L maybe something like RoA>conc>incAoE>PPD>?

Would also need to run hatred+determination/grace, so I also see many being a problem unless a minimal amount of mana leech from gear (4-6%?) would be enough to sustain it single target.

The build also needs life leech, might require very nice gear that itemized for chaos res to allow for BR gem or maybe even a death's oath.

Last edited by BossOfThisGym on Jan 30, 2015, 3:47:13 PM
I need to get my hands on one for my Blink/Mirror Arrow summoner build.

It's a pretty perfect fit afaict. The minions get the quiver (similar to normal minions with Necromantic Aegis shields), so a bunch of meatshields can generate beneficial blinding clouds for the player (or party), and the player never has to be in harm's way.

---

Aside from that, I agree with your assessment on Point Blank. It's decent there as well.

Chin Sol for sure, RoA (shooting at your feet) for sure.
Something like a {RoA + PPAD + Conc + crit + crit/LL/LGOH...} linkage.
Last edited by pneuma on Jan 30, 2015, 4:08:27 PM
If point blank stacks then the links would be -->

RoA + blind + PPAD + Conc + point blank + LL

for a non crit build obviously. Loving the mirror concept as well.

Bow of choice would be chin sol for a lovely 250%+ more multiplier(with gems), non crit would be advised imo.

This quiver effectively turns the blind gem into a 40% increased dps gem, so it's cool to utilize that factor.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Bow of choice would be chin sol for a lovely 250%+ more multiplier(with gems), non crit would be advised imo.

This quiver effectively turns the blind gem into a 40% increased dps gem, so it's cool to utilize that factor.

Peace,

-Boem-

I think blind might be a bit wasted as a gem slot in 5L, maybe could find it's way into a 6L?

Really like this quiver but I wish the chance was higher than 10%, I mean it essentially makes you spec out of the best thing bow users have at their disposal for dps. 20% would be nice and it would be reliable enough with IR without a blind gem.
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
I think blind might be a bit wasted as a gem slot in 5L, maybe could find it's way into a 6L?

Really like this quiver but I wish the chance was higher than 10%, I mean it essentially makes you spec out of the best thing bow users have at their disposal for dps. 20% would be nice and it would be reliable enough with IR without a blind gem.

Agh, sucks that it's a quiver or else legacy bringer of rain would be an option....

(yes, I know that this is not a productive or helpful message, but BoR is literally the only context in which I hear about people using Blind)
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 30, 2015, 5:02:56 PM
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Well here is the thing, if you put blind in the links themselves, you don't have to take a lot of hits for the benefit of the quiver to kick in.

So then it becomes a defensive/offensive gem slot. paired with evasion/ondars and acro + phase acro, you could get a pretty tanky char just by virtue of negating most damage the game offers.

The fact you don't have to go crit, means you can take more life to boot. Maybe even an iron grip duelist could be nice for this build. Loads of hp, some bow + projectile then point blank and iron grip and more str to boost both life/dps(multiplied by the more% could be nice) Resolute technique for HC as to not crap yourself on a crit. and ondars + phase/acro.

(lel that's a lot of stuff for a single tree :p)

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

Something like this! Remove some nodes because i went like all in :p, but you get the idea.

In theory you could run determination to nullify the downside of acro's + herald of ash for example. Blind to keep you extra safe and evasion/acro vs those nasty melee phys hits. High avoidance tank with some good defense and high hp if something does pass.

summarized stats
+283 to Strength
+243 to Dexterity
+34 to Intelligence
+57 to maximum Mana
+237.5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 56
+5 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
104% increased Evasion Rating
187% increased maximum Life
5.6% of Life Regenerated per Second
163% increased Physical Damage with Bows
23% increased Attack Speed with Bows
Enemies Cannot Leech Life From You
10% additional chance to Dodge Attacks
50% increased Attack Speed
The increase to Physical Damage from Strength applies to Projectile Attacks as well as Melee Attacks
30% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage
90% increased Armour
8% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments
40% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
20% increased Flask Recovery Speed
51% increased Projectile Damage
+3% to all Elemental Resistances
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
30% increased Stun Recovery
8% increased Melee Physical Damage
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
10% increased Accuracy Rating with Bows
72% increased Accuracy Rating
Projectile Attacks deal up to 50% more Damage to targets at the start of their movement, dealing less Damage to targets as the projectile travels further
10% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold with Bows
20% increased Stun Duration with Bows on Enemies
14% increased Physical Damage with Attacks
0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
30% increased Projectile Speed
20% increased Arrow Speed
+1% to maximum Fire Resistance
+8% to Fire Resistance
30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield, 30% less Chance to Block Spells and Attacks
Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks
30% chance to Avoid being Stunned
7% increased maximum Energy Shield from Intelligence
57% increased Melee Physical Damage from Strength
+486 Accuracy Rating
49% increased Evasion Rating from Dexterity

edit 2 : just noticed while looking at this tree again, your close to the stun circle at iron grip, combined with the bow stun cluster this might be a solid defense for a close combat RoA char.

And the 30% reduced from crit cluster is also just a few nodes out, lots of interesting stuff if you can scrap the crit and still deal the dps imo.
Last edited by Boem on Jan 30, 2015, 10:06:04 PM
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
Really like this quiver but I wish the chance was higher than 10%...

It was originally "50% chance...", but it proved too strong in balance testing. Note: the cloud (via this quiver) increases both your offence and defence. :)
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
This unique seems stuck between two things: Wanting to be a twink item and wanting to be a powerful burst of defence at high levels.

The problem is that it tries to go for offence too, making it neither of those things.
10% chance to blind on hit would be cool as a twink item, but way too unreliable to build around at high levels. The level requirement is 55, though, because the other stats would be insane at low levels.

This pushes it into super-niche territory. While not bad, it doesnt accomplish either of the goals it could have because 10% when YOU get hit is not safe to use at high levels, nor something you would desire to do with a bow build. Sure it TRIES to encourage you to break away from the typical eva/acro setup, but the benefit it provides is way too dangerous to actually benefit from outside of the extremely occasional situation where you are still trying to not get hit, but it miraculously triggers when you accidentally eat some damage.

It's one of those items where if you found it right at its required level, it would be a solid unique until you get something better. The chances of something that specific happening in a game like PoE is way too low though. It's not badly designed at all, it just doesn't really have a solid "fit" in the current state of the game.

This would be a perfect item if it was offered as a quest reward for Cruel Dominus, though.
In fact, a lot of moderately powerful uniques would become much more usable if they were specifically made available at certain points in the game.

GGG.
Dominus.
Moderate Uniques.
Quest rewards.
Do it.
Last edited by Xendran on Feb 2, 2015, 1:27:17 AM
"
Xendran wrote:
This unique seems stuck between two things: Wanting to be a twink item and wanting to be a powerful burst of defence at high levels.

The problem is that it tries to go for offence too, making it neither of those things.
10% chance to blind on hit would be cool as a twink item, but way too unreliable to build around at high levels. The level requirement is 55, though, because the other stats would be insane at low levels.

This pushes it into super-niche territory. While not bad, it doesnt accomplish either of the goals it could have because 10% when YOU get hit is not safe to use at high levels, nor something you would desire to do with a bow build. Sure it TRIES to encourage you to break away from the typical eva/acro setup, but the benefit it provides is way too dangerous to actually benefit from outside of the extremely occasional situation where you are still trying to not get hit, but it miraculously triggers when you accidentally eat some damage.

It's one of those items where if you found it right at its required level, it would be a solid unique until you get something better. The chances of something that specific happening in a game like PoE is way too low though. It's not badly designed at all, it just doesn't really have a solid "fit" in the current state of the game.

This would be a perfect item if it was offered as a quest reward for Cruel Dominus, though.
In fact, a lot of moderately powerful uniques would become much more usable if they were specifically made available at certain points in the game.

GGG.
Dominus.
Moderate Uniques.
Quest rewards.
Do it.

The problem is with your mind-set do :').

Your stuck in the buff of that quiver being on hit, it is not, it is global on blinded enemy's. There is no reason to not go ondars + acro/phase, you simply link blind in your main skill, or in a dual set-up to apply the buff and then do the deeps.

You get the benefit of the quiver and you get the defensive layer on-top. Pick up a smoke mine with increased duration to boot and enjoy a free 40% dps increase.

This quiver is solid if your going about it in the right way.

A 4-link with split/la + chain + blind + increased duration could do wonders for this quiver. Or like i suggested above a tank RoA stunlock build with blind in its set-up. in a set-up like that you have a lot of MORE multipliers available to you that you could potentially spare a link for blind without sacrificing a huge penalty in damage output.

Peace,

-Boem-
1. It's not a 40% DPS increase. Even if it was Increased damage taken, it would only be a 40% DPS increase if you have no other increased damage taken modifiers being applied to enemies. It is just a straight up 40% Increased Damage though, not 40% more or 40% taken.

2. I never said the quiver wasn't solid. I said it doesn't have a solid fit in the current state of the game, and that doesn't even have to do specifically with the stats that are on the quiver, more the availability of items. Might want to reread the post. Both your reading of my post and the reading of the mods on that quiver appear to have been hasty.

Also not having a solid fit doesn't mean it has no fit at all, either. If this quiver, along with other moderately powerful uniques that provide interesting alternatives to straight rares, was offered as a Cruel Dominus quest reward, or perhaps had a specific bow-boss that you could farm for it (Merciless Climb, perhaps) it would find much more use.

I actually think this quiver is highly underrated, but not necessarily because of its power level.
Last edited by Xendran on Feb 2, 2015, 5:43:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info