Proper Oro's (updated)

What this build is about?

It's easy. Using the manliest weapon to burn the world.

How it's done?

Hit once, let the prolif do the rest. (does about 40-50% damage to high lvl map bosses if you wait the burn out).

Why is prolif so good?

Flicker in, leap slam out, run around avoiding crazy shit, watch mobs die? Check.
Click once, defend an Elreon totem for 10 sec? Check.
Flying mobs dying before getting to you due to jumping over prolif? Check.

It's also worth mentioning that I have 600+ hp regen/sec which is a pretty solid amount of defense.

Downsides:

Ignite immune mobs. (Atziri/last trio/enraged vessel, Tzetotsh)
Those get annoying, I managed to down them but it takes a loooooot of time, I'd advise against doing so.
Practically naked, you only stack HP for defense, I have 7.4k hp but some stuff can still 1 shot me (vessel smash, atziri blast, domi touch)

A quick look on my off/def tabs.
Spoiler
OFF
Spoiler

DEF
Spoiler

MISC
Spoiler

CHARGE
Spoiler

Auras:
Anger + practically whatever you'd like, I use heralds(cold/ice) because they stack reaaaaly high with my WED, and they are cheap.
Also you have 10% chance to shock with every hit and if you use HoT and set mobs aflame, it can cull which has a really nice feeling to it.:)

Gear:

I do not advise using low-end gear which would make you end up below 5k Hp as it leads to easy deaths.
You might want to replace the kaoms with a belly and use vaal ST + GMP + ele dam it makes short work of most bosses or at least cleans every mob from the room (make sure to spam all 6 charges) and down the boss to 20-40% if not killing it right away.
You'll probably want to use CWDT IC EC ID in boots, I'm just testing how viable my life is without the cheese combo atm.

Vengeance + mana leech will help you more than it'd seem like, but you might wanna replace it with smth more useful.

Make sure to focus on WED, HP and Resists.

Flasks:

Tri resist flasks for the hard hits, and jumping into packs, I use a Rumi if I get bombarded by loads of mobs, and a panicked/bubbling/seething flask depending on your taste.

Passive tree (at lvl 91)

Bandit Choices
Spoiler
+1 +1 endu

Start off by getting a few WED nodes, then go for the HP. At higher lvls get all the Hp nodes all around temp/mara, the flat DPS of the sword will make a short work on any pack so you won't need too many of the attack nodes thankfully.

Video of the build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_sLwNnUgO4&feature=youtu.be

Let me know if I missed anything.

Last edited by KillerB on Feb 13, 2015, 10:39:33 AM
Bump for updates

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info