constant random dcs while switching cones/entering specific cones

Hey, as the title says iam expiriencing many random dcs while playing. The thing is, that they seem to occure mostly randomly and are not in any relation ro my connection. Once iam in a cone iam able to reenter it a million times without dcs but whem iam trying to switch eg from a palace to a courtyard map its most likely a dc. Its even predictable to see if it will be a dc, loang loadin screen is mostly a dc.
What i tryed so far:
Reinstalling
Setting texture quality manually down to 4+
Deleting Cache and client log
Adding -gc2 and -ns
Playing with a vpn connection
Raising virrually memory drastic
Giving poe a higher priority in the task manager

Nothing seems to help? Any help is appreciated
just adding: there are cones i never even dced once while entering eg. lunaris/dominus place (dont know how it is called atm)
there are cones i already dced like 18 times in a row eg. barracks (no not joking, i acuatlly counted the number, couldnt believe myself....)
Last edited by peyfuz on Jan 30, 2015, 11:38:41 AM
Heya dude, just to help eliminate any potential areas could you post a DXDiag and some WinMTR results (preferably during a time that the issues occur).

Are you using a 32bit OS by any chance?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
nope not using 32 bit os.
And, during 78 rotations, i found out, that if i restart my game every time were going to run a courtyard map, nomore random dcs will appear.... (until we switch to palace and then again back to court, the court will most likely dc me then)

i hope this was what u were refering to as dxdiag result:
Time of this report: 2/1/2015, 17:36:24
Machine name: RANKONEBOX
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r3.140827-1500)
Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 3537
BIOS: A06
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6024MB RAM
Page File: 3497MB used, 6593MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode
Sounds like you're running out of memory. 6GB seems like enough, but I don't know what kind of stuff you're running in the background.

What GPU do you have? It's not an integrated card with shared video memory is it?

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

running like nothing in the background, manuell enabled all not needed processes via taskmanager or other programms.
gpuz says the gpu is called intel hd graphics family (y must be an integrated but still....)
Last edited by peyfuz on Feb 1, 2015, 1:22:38 PM
Alrighty - well until someone smarter than me comes along, I'm going to suggest its probably a combination of your CPU and GPU being a little underpowered for the job :(

Good news is that you can try a few things to moderate it -

You can append -gc 2 or -gc 1 at the end of your program shortcut, it will decrease the amount of garbage assets maintained in the instances and reduce the overall stress on your system

You can also try -nopreload, it will not load art assets until required. Increases load time, but lowers load.

Have a go with those and spam some Docks/Sceptre/Barracks instances (not too many, don't get flagged as a bot) and see if the problem persists.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 1, 2015, 1:40:06 PM
already tryed adding -gc 2, didnt try -gc1 and -nopreload, will do when i restart the game the next time.
however, iam really thankfull for your help, thank you that u took ur time to help me out (on the other side, iam a bit curious, that your the only one trying to help me, deep inside me i was hoping for an "official" answer)
Oh, your issues are already covered in the sticky posts - so the Mods/Support usually just let the normal posters point people in the right direction.

If it was something juicy or unusual they'd be in here like a flash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info