Advice on running Oba's Cursed Trove ?

So I found an Oba's Cursed Trove yesterday and plan to run it in the recent future. Since I never ran one before I do have a few questions.

1. What level of dps do i need to finish the map before it becomes fatal? I have a decent dps normally but I like to wear a bunch of ir/iq gears/gems when i'm doing unique maps. For other maps I just finish the map slower. So that's fine. But for this map I'm a little worried that i can't finish everything in time.

2. Is the timer effective everywhere? How about in the last room where you finished everything and begin to check drops from the unique boxes? Do I have time to go back and forth to sell/store stuff?

3. The map does not say how long it takes for the area to become fatal. But I still want to have a general idea. Any one know the time?

Thanks for any suggestions
Last edited by LBJames on Jan 28, 2015, 4:53:23 PM
It's 9 minutes.

Just make sure you're doing AoE instead of single-target and you should be good as long as a single cast is enough to kill any non-magical/rare monster.

The timer ends as soon as you full-clear the 76 room. The 77 room (where the strongboxes are) has no timer.

For reference, as SRS I generally clear them map right around the 4:30 mark (when the second warning message appears). So it's made to be pretty forgiving as long as your main focus is DPS.
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 28, 2015, 5:06:03 PM
I can give you one piece of advice.

Don't expect more than a GCP out of it.

This map is soooooo bad, it's unbelievable. They truly outdid themselves in the let's-make-really-bad-unique-maps department.

For example, the unique gemcutters box at the end will drop you quality gems. The range the box rolls quality is 4 to 6.

4% to 6% quality, quality gems that drop normally from monsters can't even be as low as 4%.
My god, it's so bad. And that's the BEST of the 5 trash boxes that you 'win'.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
I can give you one piece of advice.

Don't expect more than a GCP out of it.

This map is soooooo bad, it's unbelievable. They truly outdid themselves in the let's-make-really-bad-unique-maps department.

For example, the unique gemcutters box at the end will drop you quality gems. The range the box rolls quality is 4 to 6.

4% to 6% quality, quality gems that drop normally from monsters can't even be as low as 4%.
My god, it's so bad. And that's the BEST of the 5 trash boxes that you 'win'.

Actually, the jewelry box (Prized Cache) generally rounds out my regal recipe, because rare jewelry is always the limiting factor. So best-case you get the equivalent of the GCP *and* 2 regals. That's more than I get from the 1-fusing unique that generally drops in the Coward's Trial :)
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 28, 2015, 5:12:28 PM
Oba = worst map ever.
Censored.
The more players in your party, the less time you have. This map is easiest (timewise) solo than with other people. Only time I tried was last league and we had a full party. We were moving really fast I thought but still ran out of time. I didn't keep track, but I'd guess it was under 3 minutes.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info