Cast on Crit+Summon Raging Spirits

Hey guys, just theory crafting for next set of challenge leagues. My plan is to go dual wield swords with Molten Strike to proc my summon raging spirits. Since I'm grabbing increased skill duration for SRS, i figured I might as well go for max immortal call as my main defense. My one required item is something with additional curse so I can run Assassin's Mark + Elemental weakness.

Gem slots:

5(6)-link:
Molten Strike-Multistrike-Cast on Crit-Summon Raging Spirits-Faster Attacks-(Empower)

4-link:
Reduced Mana-Hatred-Haste-Clarity

4-link:
Vengeance-Curse on Hit-Assassin's Mark-Elemental Weakness

Double 2-link:
Echo-Enduring Cry || Cast when Damaged-Decoy Totem

3-link:
Increased Duration-Immortal Call-Vaal Haste

3-link:
Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Whirling Blades?

Here's the lvl 100 skill tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAXzmbLd3jvqewq_TmvTZlTYTZR37V-BHVY3BgQUMxV5cFLXrvdO2E7xvIEuFhIYO2JwuG0WFS706i6gAGFfZieVuvTiq2QSmlpDnQgUfiIuIVICzp3Q3PMlltX5huqkrIPycqTdi9NZK18gPuM4cdvjwtxq63Pv4KmG_cI5J99zJyqcT25c8t0p8-WfOsqpBVGjjAGicv42oWb_rSZp5V1mTnFy-ApJ-C4JVKfeOfh3ZnoPzF4l6A4bcXcmxsRqluMglYdXSgd9dW-gYgbmmy3AhJOJZW6D0-BqIX3AqbeOvnCtN-73qQCsQV

The passive build is a little lacking in life, but you can fill in the scion life wheel by replacing phys dmg and crit multi nodes. You could even start dropping some attack speed nodes for more life too if you're really desperate.

For my Bandit rewards, I would take Life-Attack Speed-Endurance Charge

What do you guys think? Any comments or critiques?
Last edited by Lucy1nTheSky on Jan 27, 2015, 5:04:53 AM
Without minion damage nodes, ur rs can do decent damge?
"
solidghost wrote:
Without minion damage nodes, ur srs can do decent damge?

To be honest, I have no idea. Hopefully my lack of minion damage is made up by the fact that I am also attacking my enemies with molten strike instead of standing and channeling summon srs.

Edit:
Although, here is another lvl 100 skilltree with 1 minion damage node wheel instead of the bottom aura cluster:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAmy3d4185vqewq_TmvTZlTYTZR37V-MS4Y3BgQRHVBS1673TthO8byEMxV5cppU4qtkEABhX2Ynlbr0p945-Hdmeg_MXdDeJegOG3FwYgWHV0oHfXVvqkOdCBR-Ii4hUgLOnYvTWStfJuqkrIPycqTTIJcmxsRqluxBXE9jwtxq63Pv4KkAoD7jOHHb7PMlltX5iYb9wjkn33MnKp5c8S4WEhLdKfPlnzrKqQVRo4wBonL_rSZp5V1mTnFy-ApONqFm8ksEKjn4LglQqbeOvnCtN-73pqrFqRqH3T-4LH-ehBhxfcBqI4llbo
Last edited by Lucy1nTheSky on Jan 27, 2015, 3:23:35 PM
"
Lucy1nTheSky wrote:

4-link:
Vengeance-Curse on Hit-Assassin's Mark-Elemental Weakness

Double 2-link:
Echo-Enduring Cry || Cast when Damaged-Decoy Totem

3-link:
Increased Duration-Immortal Call-Vaal Haste

Also, I've been thinking about this section of my gem links. The decoy totem might be a bit of antisynergy with vengeance + Curse on hit. If that's the case though, I don't know what else to run with CwDT since I'll be self casting enduring cry and immortal call, maybe molten shell?
I have played a CoC SRS build to. It worked fine in the 1.2 version but with the crit nerf its really hard to get alot of spirits. You would need a very high level character (90+) to make it work really good.
And if you really want to make it work get BoR like this one
(Use a GMP in the Green slot)

Also get a dagger from vagan like this one

Still need to craft Attack speed and Crit chance.

I can't use this build ATM its just to squishy to use in 70+ maps.
Its still my favorite build, i hope i can use it again in the future.
"
I have played a CoC SRS build to. It worked fine in the 1.2 version but with the crit nerf its really hard to get alot of spirits. You would need a very high level character (90+) to make it work really good.
And if you really want to make it work get BoR like this one
(Use a GMP in the Green slot)

Or the double legacy version of CoC BoR...

Crazy, I tell you..... crazy!
Last edited by urgatorbait on Feb 4, 2015, 6:46:30 PM
why dual wield to me that seems like you limiting yourself. i would consider staff due to all the amazing nodes for crit + they have the easiest to scale in terms of crit.

the only reason i would consider doing a dual wield version is if u used dual strike with quality as it has increased crit chance(80% increased crit chance with 20% quality).

in theory the build can work extremely well but i feel its one of those builds you dont use from the start of a new league as you will need specific gear to get it to work effectively(i found the problem that i was killing the things anyway so why then waste more support gems to add something i didnt really need).

the other way you could contemplate is going with a dagger as it scales so much better off crit.
"
shadowraiden wrote:

the only reason i would consider doing a dual wield version is if u used dual strike with quality as it has increased crit chance(80% increased crit chance with 20% quality).

This ^^^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info