Wind - new element with skill suggestions

I don't know if you guys are looking to expand the game in this way, so I'll be succinct.

Wind (element) - Deals no damage, dynamically changing play.

[] Prevailing Winds (AoE Spell): Proliferates and increases burning damage; chilled enemies become frozen. Lowers projectile accuracy. (Cast similar to Firestorm.)

[] Winds of Pandemic (AoE Spell): Spreads curses and increases their effect; causes chaos debuffs to spread. Chance to inflict Flee. (Perhaps increases duration of curses. Cast similar to Firestorm)

(* Perhaps Prevailing Winds and Winds of Pandemic could be combined. *)

[] Smother (Curse): Shuts down (or significantly slows) life regeneration and mana regeneration, slowing and/or delaying energy shield regeneration. Decreases fire damage in area.

[] Bluster (Aura): Surrounds the caster with a wind shield, significantly increasing fire damage within the area (to caster and mobs) and causing burn status ailment to proliferate (including to caster).

(- Gust: Pushes mobs, hitting in a cone.
- Gale: Pushes mobs around, hitting like Firestorm (with chance to interrupt attacks).
- Twister: Pushes mobs from a center point, hitting like Cold Snap)

- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on Jan 26, 2015, 6:19:52 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Wind, Earth and Gravity should just be Physical with extra effects.

Example:
"Wind Blast" hits a cone in front of you, knocks enemies and clears AoE in its path, applying an ailment associated to the AoE to enemies struck.

There is a fire AoE in the path of your Wind Blast.
Wind Blast removes the AoE from the ground while causing burn based on Wind Blast's damage to all enemies in its path.

You could use this on your own Fire Trap's AoE.

If it clears a cold AoE it instead applies chill/freeze.

Not sure about Lightning/static.

Your idea of having Wind Spells simply affect the area like an environmental curse is interesting, though.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Jan 26, 2015, 10:00:47 PM
+1.

Anything to help break the a-move.
I don't know if these are spells from another kind of element, but I'm all for utility skills.
Interesting ideas. If it's not a damage form, which it isn't based on your post, then it's really just the thematic naming, unless you want to also add wind effect nodes, and it then becomes a skill tag for effects.

This style of thinking, about augmenting and not just replacing some single damage ability, is a good thing.

But an obviously, easily understood area visual might be necessary for this to work, and be obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info