Need help!

Alright so... so far I have 80hours of gameplay in this game. I'm at Act3 Merciless, not fully stuck but I noticed that monsters over there do alot of damage. Currently with 80% Fire Resistance, 46% ColdR., 21% LightR and -60% for Chaos Resistance. Kinda need some damage and defense.
This is my current build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsWvxmOGbQfQSF2JT8mlSzpMHEwfDIBMpQ51DpCOrNKfUt4UUdVS1b6W69daGHiZU1noG1sbmlv8nXLdvd313jrfwJ_K4bOh3aNv5AKlQWa8Zsmm42gn6bgq9Kv67VIvTa-p8EzyqnK09N-1CPV-NnG2o3dDd2o45_nCud06NbqYu2D73r8xQ==

Are there some suggestion for me to make my character stronger?
Last edited by GRAAAPHI on Jan 26, 2015, 12:21:22 PM
You should link your skill tree too, but in general you should try to get more cold and lightning resist.
"
You should link your skill tree too, but in general you should try to get more cold and lightning resist.

Ah I see but do you know gears that will be suitable for this character atm?
I mean just try to get pieces of gear with more resists in general, things do a lot of elemental damage and that's pretty much the only way to mitigate it. I would say you can probably get an amulet with lightning, and cold resists pretty easily, maybe try for a better belt.
"
GRAAAPHI wrote:
Alright so... so far I have 80hours of gameplay in this game. I'm at Act3 Merciless, not fully stuck but I noticed that monsters over there do alot of damage. Currently with 80% Fire Resistance, 46% ColdR., 21% LightR and -60% for Chaos Resistance. Kinda need some damage and defense.
This is my current build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsWvxmOGbQfQSF2JT8mlSzpMHEwfDIBMpQ51DpCOrNKfUt4UUdVS1b6W69daGHiZU1noG1sbmlv8nXLdvd313jrfwJ_K4bOh3aNv5AKlQWa8Zsmm42gn6bgq9Kv67VIvTa-p8EzyqnK09N-1CPV-NnG2o3dDd2o45_nCud06NbqYu2D73r8xQ==

Are there some suggestion for me to make my character stronger?

First of all, go get a 5link or at least a decent 4link. A 4linked Geofri's Crest helmet could solve many of your problems, it has decent amount of all resists including chaos resist and the +1 to gemlevel makes it a VERY strong 4link. Only downside is the no life part but it provides a decent amount of es instead so not that bad at all. And the best thing is that this helmet is cheap as hell.
Edit: And for the love of god go buy a better bow. Looking at your bow makes my eyes bleeding.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Jan 26, 2015, 3:09:37 PM
I noticed that you havn't picked the Ondar's Guile keystone. It is extremely powerful for an evasion based build and especially for a ranged one since it will make you almost immune to any ranged attacks from mobs and will also greatly reduce the threat from physical reflect. No matter what you intended to do with the next skillpoint, drop the thought and get Ondar's instead!

Other than that you could use some gear upgrades to get your resistances up to speed. Especially lightning res should be over 60% and better 75%+ in Act 3 Merciless since there are many mobs that deal a lot of lightning damage. Your armor has low evasion but very useful stats otherwise so you could consider using your hideout crafting benches to 4-link it and craft on some lightning res.

Another thing i noticed that your skills seem a bit unorganized. MOst people focus only on a single main and maybe another support skill but i personally enjoy multiskill builds. That being said, you should group skills that go well together and profit from similar passives.
Tornado Shot is well suited as a main skill so you should have it in a 4L by now. Rain of Arrows profits a lot from Faster Projectiles since that shortens the delay between firing and the arrows hitting drastically. I would suggest linking it with Faster Attacks, Faster Projectiles and Phys. Proj. Attack Damage. Tornado Shot does well with the same links but i'd swith Faster Projectiles for Added Fire Damage. Puncture just needs to hit hard so Phys. Damage and and Crit related support gems work well here. I'd drop Poison Arrow for now since your build doesnt feature any damage over time nodes anyway.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Gears updated.
Is there some other suggestions for gears?
Not so much for gear but aura use and quality of life things:
a) just 2-3% mana leech will cover all your mana needs if you have decent damage
b) drop Clarity when you have some mana leech on gear or from passives
c) run Grace with reduced mana and add Hatred once your reduced mana gem is high enough
d) if your resistances are still lacking, use your crafting devices in your hideout to craft additional resistances on armor etc.
e) get a 4L (costs 5 fusing on the Vorici device), optimize your skill gem setups and pair the right skills with the right supports. There is a ton of unused potential with yout current setup and gems
f) go into your hideout and type /claim_crafting_benches in normal chat. This will give you all crafting benches according to your master level without having to invite them into yout hideout. It does exactly the same as inviting and kicking all masters to get all the craftiong benches but without the malus of loosing any master XP from kicking.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info