Help on new Witch build

Your build concept is viable but there are a few issues:

-120 point tree. Most builds you will want to be optimized for 95-100 points (around level 80).

-ES builds are not recommended for new players. While es being super hard to gear for is somewhat of a myth, it is more difficult to gear for than life. Because you are so heavily dependent on gear to increase your es, it can be difficult to get a large enough pool to survive while levelling.

If you really like energy shield, you will still want to level as a life based character, and then refund those points when you have good enough gear.

-Aside from that your tree looks good. Only a few innefficient nodes/pathing and maybe lacking some mana regen and cast speed.

-In general, try to be specific with what skills and support gems you want to do, and then optimize a skill tree around that.

Good luck.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1629242
what build do you suggest then ?

is lightning witch viable ?
"
Grat_Master wrote:
what build do you suggest then ?

is lightning witch viable ?

Almost every skill in this game is viable if you build it right (:

The main lightning damage skills are:

Spark - can be cast by yourself, but is also pretty popular in combination with Spell Totem

Lightning Tendrils - Huge amount of damage but also a pretty small range

Lightning Ball - I personally dont like it, because the projectiles are moving pretty slow, but it works aswell

Storm Call - This spell has a pretty strange aiming mechanic, so i would not recommend it for a new player

Arc - I think this is the spell to go if you are new to the game: it has a decent damage output and an incredible high range. So even if your gear isnt that great in regards of Life/Energyshield, you can still progress in the game due to its range

Just test around a little bit and find out which you prefer

As already mentioned: you can go with pretty much every spell, but i personally recommend Arc for a new player

And btw: No matter which Spell you are planning to use, Herald of Thunder and Herald of Ice are always nice additions to your character - Both are auras which will increase your damage by a lot

Greetings

Last edited by Yalani on Jan 26, 2015, 5:46:14 PM
thank you very much for helping me out and taking time to explain !

here is my remade tree, lmk what you think :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCECycEFh2EeTsMjQfAt-KbRkRD36vjRngEtlfgh4Rlg5IXfJ-M6SRE56MNjbF2CSnCJ2uGmzkItWm7TyaO4Kb7DjAGnGFzLfVdbFC2rlG1-WLG_F-xycvkFUaOOFz7SCiAASzwGa2hpZ0aPJ8DjbpJKoWb-NqBAeD21XGrJjr5F8q8B8I9MBUakO86msXlSDB81WuRKuPptsLoqN_xgdjy71VS2Hi6QL-s1crvYLjhDY9napsjKdVW6C4k-vumuBFnVNSYqxDyE8EBx6VLvDVSVHzEVcpc7PwaxXnl5f79bQ45RkWv0V8dFUmld2M

i know I used all skill points, but it was only to put them all in. those last few points will be if I ever go that far with this build.
Last edited by Grat_Master on Jan 26, 2015, 10:22:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info