Bring back Crafting Hybrid Phys

I understand why crafting physical weapons was nerfed, but did it have to be so extreme? It went from it being far too easy to craft end game weapons, to now it's not even worth wasting the crafting mats to try.

Why can't there be a middle ground? Why not make it like before where you can master craft all 3 Physical damage rolls, except drop all 3 physical rolls down 1 more tier.

Make them all tier 5 instead of all tier 4 like they were before.

Crafting was one of the best parts of the game. Mapping / Boss running to collect materials, then using them on a weapon parked in stash.

Now all we do is sell the F'ing mats. BORING !!!!!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Crafting mats? You mean orbs? The mods were broken and stupidly OP, it had to be fixed.
I agree it was too easy to make decent weapons, but they took it too far IMO. They should have simply dropped all the phys mods down a tier. If all phys mods available are only tier 5 as they should be, you can't craft end game stuff very easily.

You still have to roll tier 1 or 2 phys damage and crit chance or attack speed together with Alts, which after the phys nerf has become a lot harder. It's mostly cold, fire, and light damage rolls now. Phys is much harder. Then you have to Regal a useful third mod which again has gotten much harder.

"IF" you get through all that, you should be able to add some low tier 5 mods to fill out your half way decent weapon.

My point was, it went from too easy, to too hard. It would be very easy to bring it back into the middle ground. GGG, please, in the next patch, give people something to do with their ALTS, Regals, Scouring instead of just selling them for 1 EX every time you get a pack of them. That's boring...
Last edited by VixTrader on Jan 26, 2015, 2:33:49 AM
"
VixTrader wrote:
I agree it was too easy to make decent weapons, but they took it too far IMO. They should have simply dropped all the phys mods down a tier. If all phys mods available are only tier 5 as they should be, you can't craft end game stuff very easily.

You still have to roll tier 1 or 2 phys damage and crit chance or attack speed together with Alts, which after the phys nerf has become a lot harder. It's mostly cold, fire, and light damage rolls now. Phys is much harder. Then you have to Regal a useful third mod which again has gotten much harder.

"IF" you get through all that, you should be able to add some low tier 5 mods to fill out your half way decent weapon.

My point was, it went from too easy, to too hard. It would be very easy to bring it back into the middle ground. GGG, please, in the next patch, give people something to do with their ALTS, Regals, Scouring instead of just selling them for 1 EX every time you get a pack of them. That's boring...

They dont want to facilitate more crafting via masters. They want you to craft more with the orbs directly on the item. Thats why this was done. Want GG OP mods on an item, throw orbs at it, that was the purpose of the change.
"
They dont want to facilitate more crafting via masters. They want you to craft more with the orbs directly on the item. Thats why this was done. Want GG OP mods on an item, throw orbs at it, that was the purpose of the change.

That method of crafting is only for the richest of the rich players. It takes hundreds if not thousands of exalted orbs to make an end game weapon without using the masters. I commend GGG for introducing the masters and making crafting something that everybody at all wealth levels can participate in.

In my opinion, it's a mistake to push weapon crafting back into the hands of the rich. That takes away from the experience of the game for the vast majority of players who simply can't afford to Eternal / Exalt items.

Tier 5 master crafting mods is the best of both worlds :)
They could have just adjusted the prices.
"
Cipp wrote:

Would not change anything for those with riches, would mostly just hurt crafting for the poor people trying to get forward in the game.

You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
"
Tian_Yihao wrote:
"
Cipp wrote:

Would not change anything for those with riches, would mostly just hurt crafting for the poor people trying to get forward in the game.

The argument was that they allowed for great items too easily (cheaper than their value.) Increasing the price would change this so that that argument would no longer be valid.

But the optimal solution would be if the price would depend on the other mods. Added phys, attack speed and phys damage (and maybe also critical mods) would all increase the price of crafting the mod to the item. This way crafting those super powerfull items would be expensive, but crafting more regular items still viable.

It would also make sense to think that the difficulty (and hence cost) of crafting an item would depend on the power of the item.
I'd think that you could bring back phys hybrid, Squires and Journeyman's - ilvl 1 and ilvl 11 versions, for 2c and 10c. these are only 10-24% and 25-34%. But if Journeyman's is really so good, then even just Squire's.

But I get why a hybrid mod that is too good, can be a big thing. But balance can mean reducing, not just completely removing.
"
But balance can mean reducing, not just completely removing.

That's pretty much my point right there. They already nerfed the occurrences of ALT'ing "tyrannical" and "flaring" to the point that now it takes many hundreds of ALTS just to see these mods. I agree with this, because honestly before I was getting far too many of those T1 damage mods.

But to do that, AND then totally remove hybrid phys? They went too far. Now crafting isn't even worth it.

I'm confident GGG will do something to find a middle ground in the next patch. I like the idea of having all mods available and then scaling the price depending on how good the mod is. Physical damage like 60-79 would cost a couple EX's, where as the lower tier ones may cost a few chaos. etc...

2600 ALTS, 24 Regal / Scouring sets, and all I got was this:

Last edited by VixTrader on Jan 29, 2015, 6:38:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info