[1.3 Bloodlines] Fire nova on static kill

Base concepts:
This is not a crazy clear speed build, it's more of an experiment and while really cheap, I wouldn't recommend starting with it in a new league. It's still quite fun to play and clearing decently.

This build focuses on big AoE explosions and converting damage to fire. I use both pyre and avatar of fire, but the last one is probably not mandatory. I still like to use it because, when partying it scales better with the occasional wrath aura that other player might run, and also increases the burn damage. I'm playing this build in bloodlines, so I have to sacrifice quite a bit of damage to try to survive in this anti-melee league, but I think DPS could become quite pleasant in softcore.

Leveling
You can troy to level with the spec, however, you'll begin to struggle in end cruel/early merciless to get enought melee elemental flat damage to kill stuff effectively. It still possible with good gear and carefull play, but not really fast :). Since you start templar and take fire damage, flameblast is the optimal leveling skill (or maybe searing bond or fire trap). You can really start using the potential of the build when you can equip dyadus (69).

Gear

There are two mandatory uniques for this build : Pyre, and Dyadus. You could maybe skip on Pyre if you use a 6-L with cold-to-fire, but I haven't tested it. Both of them are really cheap. I chose to use a belly of the beast as chest, but you can try other things (Carcass jack might be really good, maybe cloak of flame too). For the rest of the gear, you need % ele damage with weapons, fire or cold flat damage, as much dexterity as you can get, and of course life / resists / armour in that order. A 5-L is really needed to be effective. I've started with a cheap white 5-L that I alt-regaled and master crafted to get started.

Note : I would love to try a Doryani's Catalyst with this build, but I haven't got the moneys for that yet.

My gear at lvl 77

Skill tree

Here is my planned tree at level 83. My char is 77 and hasn't yet picked unwavering stance, but playing melee I feel it's the main thing that is frightening me in maps and slows my progression.

skill tree

Skills and links

Main : Static strike + faster attacks + cast on melee kill + ice nova + weapon elemental damage.
For the 6th link, I'm not really sure, but I would try ron will, cold to fire, a second ice nova, increased AoE or conc effect.

4-L : reduced mana + purity of fire + anger + herald of ice

4-L : fire trap + conc effect + iron will + fire pen.
I use it for the occasional kiting and to get some additional single target damage. I'm considering replacing iron will with burning damage.

4-L : CwDT(lvl 1) + ice nova(lvl 1) + curse on hit + warlord's mark : all the leech you need + some endu charges

3-L : leap slam + faster attacks + life leech : Nope-button + mobility

3-L : currently using vaal ice nova + iron will + enduring cry. Vaal ice nova is really fun for strongboxes :).

Demo

Easy tropical island
Forgive my stiff playing here, first time I try to record myself and hadn't played the char for like a week. Also, please note my gems are only 17.

Thanks for reading, post feedback/suggestions/questions and I'll try to answer.
Last edited by Renahud on Jan 28, 2015, 3:48:29 AM
Nice interesting build ! Not the most effective one but really innovative.
IGN : @Morgoth
VERY INTERESTING BUILD! :D

Thanks for making this. It looks super cool! :D

The gameplay looked quite fun too. Smack smack BOOM!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info