The Game Does NOT downloading.

Hello. Aside of the strange entering of the instances which causing my graphic station to drop frames down to 0 and freeze the screen for about 3 seconds. Now I've decided to redownload the game.
Well.. It's just not happening ! Just like the patches, the redownloading facing the same problem.
The download manager just stay at 0% for about 1/2 hour then download a few kilobytes and then it stay again like this for another 1/2 hour.. At this rate I will have the game at some point next year.
Please finally answer to my posts why this happening or/and how to solve it.

Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Solution and Causes Found !

Cause :
As I predicted - it is "Caching goes wrong" type of issue.
Since PoE use structured file as a main database which is memory mapped - probably the sequential reading from it goes completely wrong at some point due the fragmentation of the hard disk.

Solution :
I got a shiny new SSD ( i've just formated it .. it's pretty old actually ;) - Intel 330 series.
Since it is completely wiped ( none other files ) I have reformated it, and placed PoE on it.

Now I have 0 FPS drop during instances first fight ( probably completely bad strategy about the time for loading/caching special FX's and Special FX's textures.

Please send my solution to the developers.
and send some nice item to me in-game :P
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info