Longer map types

After reaching level 80 i noticed dropping interest in grinding futher. After giving it some thought, I came to conclusion that is because of lack of commitment or something similar.
Me and my frieds often meet up for lan parties, poe have been main focus lately. It was fun until we reached end of story, we then spread out to do our own stuff. We of course tried mapping but that 10-15mins didnt hold us for long and while changing maps and mods is fun as it is, it would be better to add mini campaings that last over an hour or two.
Maybe something like races, endless ledge etc, but possible to play with your main characters.
This creates problem of loot but there are possible ways to go around it, Masters may become vendors and hold storages around them, or create safezones after reaching certain points.
Also mods of these maps would be randomized per instances taking in consideration base type of maps, or make it possible to roll mods on enternance to further instances.
All of that is my on insight on topic, but all in all longer maping instances would be fun.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Make a new char, thats what the 24 char slots are for and act 10 might make lvl 100 easier and more fun, right now its not worth it to go past lvl 60 really, maps are a waste of time.
Well what you said is partialy true, but thats where my idea came from, to make higher level play more enjoyable.
Also while its not bad not to go past lvl 60, but i do want to have higher level maxed out char.
Act 10, as you called it, still would probably stop at lvl 80 or so (is it planned?).

It is important to make endgame grind fun, when it is so long. My idea of mini campaings would help to achieve that.
I think any idea to make endgame less dull is a good one.
I'm not hyped for Act 4, though. the last Act has always the worst mobs.
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
"
I think any idea to make endgame less dull is a good one.
I'm not hyped for Act 4, though. the last Act has always the worst mobs.

Last act? So that is act 3 atm. Do you mean last current act or last overall act? The latter would mean act 10.
Right now, Act 3 is the last act. IIRC, Vomit birds, and everything in the Scepter of God, which are mobs straight from hell. Seriously, they are currently the worst.
Once Act 4 is released, it will house mobs even more annoying than those from Act 3.
Same in Act 5 - 10 (if we ever see them).
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
Perhaps there could be some very long "campaign" style unique maps, or a couple such map types sprinkled around map pool levels.

Yes, you'd need an in-map vendor because you'd have extended amounts of loot.

This would be something for crazy good characters to do in 20 minutes, or lesser characters in an hour and 20 minutes.

Another alternative for this map type is that your portals could not expire, or it could open 2 portals per player (double row.) Just worried about people dropping in an extended expedition, not the game, but their own network problems can be out of their control.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info