[1.3] LEAP SLAMER, Element's God || HUGE Extra elemental damage || Tanky character || Original build

HELLO EXILES ! I'm sorry for my poor english but I'm a french player. Thank you to KorgothBG for some images !

I CAN'T TEST THIS BUILD CAUSE MY COMPUTER IS DOWN AND I GOT A MAC..POE IS JUST UNPLAYABLE : WAITING FOR SOME STATS OF COURS BUT I WORK "HARD" ON THIS FUNNY BUILD ! I STILL WANT ANSWERS PLEASE !

Spoiler

As I always said, there is an important issue on PoE to me : how to play an original and funny build without not being able to do all the end-game content ? I searched viability and some fun mechanics ! Do you want to be an incredible Leap Slamer Templar ?

Your YOLO-Swag VS others YOLO-Swag

The Leap slam of your Leap-Slamer's mates

Your Leap Slam

There are two importants things in a build : AoE clearspeed and Single target skill ! But there is also a movement skill : in a melee character, it's Leap Slam. Yet, I use Leap Slam as a clearspeed AND movement skill ! Double Strike is used to slain bosses.

Concept of the build

=> A tanky character : since your a melee character, you'll have to facetank all the monsters, even when you jump as Mario.

=> Clearspeed/Movement skill in a single skill

=> DPS : You'll get the MAXIMUM of extra % physical damage converted to % elemental damage with a lot of % physical damage and % elemental damage. Doomsower is btw the perfect unique and the core of the build.

Conversion

Where do you get all the extra damage (which benefit from %physical damage and %elemental damage) :

=> Doomsower : extra 10% of your Physical Damage as Fire Damage
=> Hatred : extra 35% of your Physical Damage as Cold Damage
=> Herald of Ash : extra 15% of Physical Damage as Fire Damage
=> Added fire damage : extra 35% of Physical Damage as Fire Damage
=> Physical to Lightning : extra 25% of Physical Damage as Lightning Damage

Total of 120% extra elemental damage of your physical damage, both modifiers by %physical damage and %elemental damage.

=> Three ailments status in a row ! Ignite (DoT damage), Shock (increase DPS) and Freeze (increase survivability).

=> HIGH attack speed to jump as a God !

Leap Slam

Leap Slam, even if it's a well-known movement skill, is a great AoE clear skill for two-handed weapon : 100% of your damage is done (against 80% for GroundSlam), it has a chance to knock-back on hit and it's a very safe skill ! Moreover, it gets some amazing "increased Physical Damage". At level 20, you got :

Jump into the air, damaging enemies, and knocking back some, with your main hand where you land.

76% increased Physical Damage
24% Chance to Knock enemies Back on hit

PS : %q on this gem is a detail !

Double Strike

This single target skill is the best one for a two-handed sword. At level 20, you got :

Performs two fast attacks on target enemy with your main hand melee weapon.

76% increased Physical Damage
Deals 70% of Base Damage

Auras

Auras are really important in this build : it offers a huge bonus on your clearspeed, all the elemental damage to assign elemental status and a way to curse the enemies.

Herald of Ash : Extra fire damage + amazing "explosion" clearspeed => it's a must.

Herald of Ice : added cold damage + great "explosion" clearspeed + permit to freeze

Herald of Thunder : added lightning damage + lazy curse + permit to shock

Hatred : Extra cold damage which is a must

Passive tree

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAi4z53cxmSpjAZpRcBLPwH6IAaPI8BZ_f73yCm5o7kFUnL-w4sULzEXGFwBoaOEbXPC1M_69sxq4a5IiP_TBqpbc-2L3-CvnoQYexBbjQga_aOij6gsd82fcycqnE9s9-dqzqGDkO6wmFUtlhrY3kUZd5CZbvDlBHjM_2SF8_FCBYYz389012K4CKJ-01koTZAdy-ingNqW618r02R36HaqmUvqdlTakneHp673TthO9hIWBLBS0nIIoiLPshVV4TwKYHddw9MglybGxGW6CnVXwOQ8juevoYiO0aVeHvVylTUkWdmuDr7g==

Tank : 172% max life, 7.8% life regen, 74% armour, 18% elemental resistance

Elemental : 122% elemental damage, 2% penetrate elemental damage, 10% chance to Freeze/Shock/Ignite, 25% increased Damage against Frozen, Shocked or Ignited Enemies

Physical : 410% physical damage, 90% attack speed, 20% increased Damage against Enemies on Low Life, 8% increased Area Damage, +2 to Melee Weapon range, 20% increase radius area, 100% chance to hit

Mana : 125% mana regen, 5% maximum mana

Gems and links

6L Doomsower : Leap Slam + Physical to Lightning + Melee physical + Weapon elemental + Added fire damage + Concentrated effect

Why ?

Why concentrated effect ? Because you got +35% radius of area and +90% attack speed and this wonderful gem gives near 65% more area damage !

Armour : Double strike + Multistrike + Weapon elemental + Melee physical + LL + Added fire damage/Physical to Lightning

Why ?

Why LL ? Because against bosses, it's always good to get an insane life leech !

Helmet : Herald of Thunder + Curse on hit + Elemental weakness + Reduced mana

Why ?

The lazy curse ! And of cours the best curse : elemental weakness since you run the 3 elements.

Gloves : CWDT + Enduring cry + Immortal coil + Increase duration

Boots : Hatred + Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice + Reduced mana

The gear more precisely

=> Weapon : the core of the build is Doomsower, which is a pretty cheap unique ! It increases radius area, it gives extra fire damage and some amazing physical damage and attack speed !

Doomsower

=> Helmet : Devoto's Devotion is huge on a Leap Slamer build. In fact, Leap slam has a base duration on the skill. It's really important to get the maximum of attack speed. Moreover, this helmet has great tank mods and insane movement speed !

Devoto's Devotion

=> Rings : you can get LL/elem res/physical damage rings OR, if you want to get a crazy build, you can run my favorite item in PoE. The Taming ! One of the most expensive unique on the game but crazy as f**k on this build. Tons of elemental damage, elemental resistance, chance to affecte status ailments AND increase damage on those enemies. Craziness, bro' !

The Taming

=> Armour : high armour / elem resistance

=> Gloves : life leech / armour / elem resistance

=> Boots : physical or elemental damage / armour / elem resistance

=> Amulet : physical damage / mana leech / elem resistance

Bandit

Normal : Passive

Cruel : 8% attack speed

Merciless : Passive

THANK YOU FOR READING ! I'm waiting for some replies, some improvements and some guy who want to test out this build. My last "experimental" build has reach 25-30k on a lvl 75 character which said "it could easly reach 40k at full power".
Last edited by Justice_ on Jan 25, 2015, 1:38:08 PM
Reserved for reddits
BUMP !

I need your advices, mates !
I can't seem to get your passive tree link to load, would it be possible to re-link it perhaps?
"
Helzopro wrote:
I can't seem to get your passive tree link to load, would it be possible to re-link it perhaps?

Thanks dude ! I didn't check if my passive worked..sorry !

Normally, everything is now ok.
BUMP !

One answer so far..I think I deserve just one or two more to know if it's viable ! Thanks a lot !
Try it on bloodline, have some problems with reflect, but its ok. Rly strong up dmg if make 4L(Herald of Ash+Increased Burning Dmg+Reduced mana+Elemental Proliferation). With Ash+hatred+frenzy(From Blood Rage) and Atziris promise my dps on shity gear - http://i.imgur.com/c2FdEiv.jpg.
I made something similar to this in concept but it's a dual wield not 2 handed build.

Main concept of the build was using attack skills that only used the main hand so I could cheese resist from my off hand.

30k double strike
8k leap slam
Fairly tanky

Here's some of the gear I actually sold my armor to a friend so I don't have my 5 link double strike in a lightning coil. I also gave my boots to my wander so I also don't have my 4 link leap slam

I was mostly using this build to farm vaal in merc for a bit it was perfectly capable of mapping safely I just didn't really do much of that after 70's
very cool build
can you post your equip? and how viable will this be for the upcoming 1 month league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info