[1.3] [BL] "This exile is an illusion, World!" TrippinPeaches's Illusion Squad (Blink/Mirror Arrow)

Hello

I'm a new here so sorry for silly question, but I was wondering about this part:

"
-For those who are new, there are a few setups to this.

1. Character > *Fire Damage* | Minion > Prioritize Cold & Lightning Damage

Example if you're using the 1st setup, your character can only have fire damage, that way you can always trigger -50% cold & -50% lightning resist to the mobs u hit."

How can I make fire damage while "order" my clones to do cold or lightning? Do I have to switch auras for it after I hit enemy with fire? or just use a build with every kind of damage and that way clones will do them all?
Last edited by whereiscowlevel on Jan 28, 2015, 12:48:19 PM
"
Hello

I'm a new here so sorry for silly question, but I was wondering about this part:

"
-For those who are new, there are a few setups to this.

1. Character > *Fire Damage* | Minion > Prioritize Cold & Lightning Damage

Example if you're using the 1st setup, your character can only have fire damage, that way you can always trigger -50% cold & -50% lightning resist to the mobs u hit."

How can I make fire damage while "order" my clones to do cold or lightning? Do I have to switch auras for it after I hit enemy with fire? or just use a build with every kind of damage and that way clones will do them all?

Hey there!

It works because of the Generosity gem, where elemental auras does not affect your character, while only affecting the minions.

Take for example if you're using wrath+hatred+generosity, your minions will definitely have Cold+Lightning damage.

In this case, to maximize Elemental Equilibrium effectiveness, your character will need to have only Fire Damage, so it always procs -50% elemental resistance to Cold+Lightning.

The normal way to do this is to get +fire damage on equips other than your weapon/quiver(since the minions inherit your weapon and quiver), but as this limits your choice of weapon and quiver, you can infact ignore the normal way, and just go with some fire damage on your weapon/quiver, as long as fire is not your main damage source.

For my case, I'm using Chin Sol Bow as the source of fire damage, this does provide fire damage to the minions, but this is fine as the fire damage is not the main source of your damage output, compared to Cold & Lightning.

With my current setup, I deal about:-

> 131.24 Cold Damage (With Generosity)
> 255.68 Lightning Damage (With Generosity)

> 48.5 Fire Damage
> 199 Physical Damage

Assuming the mob we hit has 0% base resistance. With Elemental Equilibrium, we get:-

> 131.24x1.5 = 196.86 Cold Damage (-50% resistance)
> 255.68x1.5 = 383.52 Lightning Damage (-50% resistance)
> 48.5x0.75 = 36.38 Fire Damage (+25% resistance)

Gain > 65.62 Cold Damage, 127.84 Lightning Damage
Loss > 12.12 Fire Damage

*Pretty acceptable in my case.

If you want 0 damage losses, and have the currency to do so.
You can opt for Infractem Bow + Drillneck Quiver.

I do hope this clears up your confusion, let me know if you have any questions!
Last edited by acidpops on Jan 29, 2015, 2:48:02 AM
Nice build , looking forward to try it in bloodlines league !

Would be great if you could add some skill allocation tips on leveling, can't decide now where to spec first there.
For me giving up the ability to do damage with my own bow skills wasn't worth so I run this build without generosity.

Main problem I have with this builds is I have to run up into melee to cast my traps.
It's not really a big issue cause once they spawn they draw aggro from mobs really well.

I got kinda bored with the build because of the slower clear speed mostly because of having to set up the traps. So my guy is only like lvl 70 so I haven't seen the true effect of the build.
I will say this build is great to level with if you have the trapper boots already or can get them.
"
Taddis5 wrote:
Nice build , looking forward to try it in bloodlines league !

Would be great if you could add some skill allocation tips on leveling, can't decide now where to spec first there.

Thank you! this build is especially great in bloodlines league, would carry you to high levels without much risks.

As for the skill allocation, it's pretty subjective depending on how you want to level your character, example if you plan to use bow to level from the start, it would be better to branch towards the bottom of the tree, and for spell based it will be different.

Anyways, I will try to come up with something to update on it.

"
CalamityAOE wrote:
For me giving up the ability to do damage with my own bow skills wasn't worth so I run this build without generosity.

Main problem I have with this builds is I have to run up into melee to cast my traps.
It's not really a big issue cause once they spawn they draw aggro from mobs really well.

I got kinda bored with the build because of the slower clear speed mostly because of having to set up the traps. So my guy is only like lvl 70 so I haven't seen the true effect of the build.
I will say this build is great to level with if you have the trapper boots already or can get them.

With the gem links and passive buffs, a single illusion still hits alot harder than you without generosity. Considering there are multiple illusions, the loss really isn't that great. Furthermore, you don't really have much time to hit the monsters continuously, which is what the build is fun for, positioning traps looting items, buffing illusions etc.

But again, it really depends on what style you like. Sad to hear that the build bored you, I do hope you find another build to your liking.

Cheers! :)
Thanks for putting skill point lvling steps, just started to raise this build.

Last edited by Taddis5 on Feb 2, 2015, 2:54:10 PM
I play with Infractem and Drillneck (lucky drop on Cruel :) ) - while I very like the way how the build plays it's completely unplayable against some opponents and on some maps (Olmec's Sanctum). I don't know, maybe I play it wrong - I certainly don't expect clear speeds of Arc but sometimes this build is amazing, while in other times it resembles watching paint dry (solo, stationary opponents that throw a lot of AoE that additionaly kill your traps before they have chance to trigger).

In my opinion it would benefit greately of Sunblast (unique belt that triggers traps at the end of the duration and lowers trap duration by 80%) aswell as Clever Construction skill (traps cannot be damaged or destroyed for 5s after throw, with belt they trigger after 6s so there's very little chance that traps will get destroyed since you can place them anywhere and they spawn illusions regardless). That is as far as playing goes, since it will require to sacrifice a lot nodes to get to Clever Construction :/

Any tips I should take into account?

edit:
Oh, since I have Infractem I swapped Rain of Arrows for Multishot since it works much better for applying Temporal Chains given you have 100% penetration.
Last edited by Marrond on Feb 9, 2015, 6:43:19 PM
"
Marrond wrote:
I play with Infractem and Drillneck (lucky drop on Cruel :) ) - while I very like the way how the build plays it's completely unplayable against some opponents and on some maps (Olmec's Sanctum). I don't know, maybe I play it wrong - I certainly don't expect clear speeds of Arc but sometimes this build is amazing, while in other times it resembles watching paint dry (solo, stationary opponents that throw a lot of AoE that additionaly kill your traps before they have chance to trigger).

Any tips I should take into account?

Generally this build can be newbie friendly in the way that it doesn't require expensive gears and is really safe for HC. At the same time it requires certain skillset and adaptation to maximize it's potential, which makes it fun.

I'd usually skip the mobs that takes too long to kill, unless it's drop worthy, similar to how most players run deathless Atziri by skipping certain mobs.

If you're playing bloodlines, don't bother hitting phylacteral link mobs, they're hell annoying and time consuming to kill with traps.

"
Marrond wrote:

In my opinion it would benefit greately of Sunblast (unique belt that triggers traps at the end of the duration and lowers trap duration by 80%) aswell as Clever Construction skill (traps cannot be damaged or destroyed for 5s after throw, with belt they trigger after 6s so there's very little chance that traps will get destroyed since you can place them anywhere and they spawn illusions regardless). That is as far as playing goes, since it will require to sacrifice a lot nodes to get to Clever Construction :/

Sunblast is great if you're expecting to kill mobs that don't trigger traps well, otherwise throwing traps directly onto the mob and kiting them simply works better than having to swap out a high end belt (at least for me). As for Clever Construction, I've never tested it, maybe plausible if there's a passive that benefits nodes near it.

Also, good to see you're using infractem+drillneck. If you have time, do post a gameplay video and I'll add it to the main page. I'm interested to see the difference in clear speed between chin sol vs infractem+drillneck.
Last edited by acidpops on Feb 12, 2015, 3:15:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info