[1.3] [BL] "This exile is an illusion, World!" TrippinPeaches's Illusion Squad (Blink/Mirror Arrow)

This Exile is an illusion, World!

Introduction

This build is based on experimenting the new gems Blink Arrow & Mirror Arrow.

Why link with Traps?
As reference to Errabundus's version of Blink/Mirror Arrow trap build, you can bypass the cooldown of the charge mechanic, allowing you to summon multiple illusions in succesion.

I could summon about 12 illusions at the same time on average when meet with monster packs. This could go up to 18+ illusions, depending on your skill of positioning the traps, and some luck of course ;)

While most may argue that this build has a slower clear speed than Tornado Shot or Kinetic Blast(which i do agree to a certain point), it is actually quite decent as u can move around looting items while your illusions tank all the mob attention and do the killing job for you.

Nevertheless, this build is just too fun to experiment, like really really fun! and cool too!

Throws Trap > Fires RoA (CoH + EE) > Flesh Offering > Loot Items > Repeat

-> By firing RoA, you reduce the mob aspd, movespeed, cast speed by up to 40% and resist by 50% (Will be explained later)
-> Added with Flesh Offering, your illusions hits up to 40% faster
-> This allows you to loot items while there are still mobs around safely

Unless you are the type that prefers to just right click and decimate mobs, i highly suggest you try this build out! :P

Pros & Cons

Pros:
-Fun (so much to do, so much to see)
-Safe (illusions tank damage)
-Cool (where else do you get the skill where u can have illusions of yourself?)
-Reflect Proof (can do reflect maps)
-Strong auras (great for parties)
-Possible with cheap gears (refer credits section for the build)

Cons:
-Slower clear speed when compared to tornado shot or other high clear speed builds
-Need to wait for traps to trigger
-Bad against leaping/ trap destroyer mobs

General Details

Level 80 Character on Bloodlines

For the below stats, I'll only highlight the important ones that needs mentioning, for full buffs please refer to the skill tree on poebuilder.

Stats from Passive:
DEX +120 (Solves dex requirements for bows and quivers)
INT +200 (Mana boost & ES boost, to allow more aura usage)
STR +60 (lackluster, but only minimal compensation required on items)

Life              +93% (HC, Bloodlines, mandatory)
All Resist       +29% (Better options when looking for gear)

Mana Regeneration        +120% (With enough regen on gear, you won't need mana flasks any longer)
Maximum Mana              +52% (Aura purposes)
Reduced Mana Reserve   +30% (Aura purposes)
Effect of Auras              +48% (Great as you utilize more than 2 auras)

Skill Duration       +90% (Mandatory, allows illusions to last longer)
Evasion Rating     +96% (Great with Alpha's Howl & Grace)
Movespeed         +15% (Manly Chicken)

Minion Damage     +90% (More damage for your illusions)
Minion Aspd        +20% (More bonus!)

Key Nodes:-

Ondar's Guile
-Great for survivability and path allows extra dex nodes to compensate bow requirements.

Elemental Equilibrium
(Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistances to those Elements and −50% Resistances to other Elements)

-For those who are new, there are a few setups to this.

1. Character > *Fire Damage* | Minion > Prioritize Cold & Lightning Damage
2. Character > *Cold Damage* | Minion > Prioritize Fire & Lightning Damage
3. Character > *Lightning Damage* | Minion > Prioritize Cold & Fire Damage

Example if you're using the 1st setup, your character can only have fire damage, that way you can always trigger -50% cold & -50% lightning resist to the mobs u hit. Vice versa to setups 2 and 3.

Eldritch Battery
Not mandatory, great if you're lacking mana for that last additional aura.

Leveling

You start as spell, and are able to switch towards blink/mirror arrow quite early.

I'll highlight the important equips that you should get, you can really ignore the other equips as leveling with this build doesn't require any high end gears.

The progress goes as below.

Level 1-24:-
-Lightning Tendrils / Flameblast / Fire Trap
-Get any +1 skill gem weapons will do
-Use at least 2 quicksilver flasks to rush you through the maps

Level 24-32:-
-Get a 4L Deerstalker boots, should cost below 2chaos
-Link the gems with Mirror Arrow > Blink Arrow > Multiple Traps > LMP/Pierce/Chain
-Any decent bow should do, I've actually just used Stormcloud bow to get me through level 32

Level 32-53:-
-Switch your bow to Death's Harp
-This should carry you all the way to high levels, get another 4L/5L if you have the cash
-Start searching for tanky gears to get you through merciless
-Look for some dex based items to prepare for your final bow

Level 53-62:-
-Switch to any better bow if you have it (infractem could be a choice), otherwise u can just use Death's Harp and wait level 62 for Chin Sol like how I did

Level 62-99:-
-Switch to Chin Sol
-Build your end gear as u see fit

Skill Tree

Current Skill Tree @ Level 80 (Bloodlines)
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ7c-QYc1kti9_gpKyG6qtfIs6RUgKk0_J6xHfVvMBnLDqwvdDfzFVvrWin8rd9fB2KiiqvhqrFqRqH3T-4LHj0anCLiT6-4o-puh99fMvKrETbmFYKyYg9tVxjpYBAdMs-yKa9sD7jOHHb48LcauX5jPMlltFy_60h0UQqMksICkVdZk55itpDnQgUfiIuJ0VV8qGo_22vsJGYqbtcM6ykpRTCP2jX0wfE2SU1JFnZrgLR8=

19 Points
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ-vuKPqCx1NSRZ2a4Lc-QYfYvf4KSshuqrXyNZI=

38 Points
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ-vuKPqCx1NSRZ2a4Lc-QYfYvf4KSshuqrXyNZLPMlltX5hqrFqRqH3T-6Q50IFH4iLiFSAqTT8nA-4zhx2-PC3Grg==

51 Points
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ-vuKPqCx1NSRZ2a4Lc-QYfYvf4KSshuqrXyNZKofdP7aqxakTOHHb48LcauzzJZbV-YpDnQgUfiIuIVICpNPyfWin8rd9dW-vzF3Q0s6cwGcsOrC6r4qKLB2APu

75 Points
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ-vuKPqCx1NSRZ2a4Lc-QYfYvf4KSshuqrXyNZKofdP7aqxakTOHHb48LcauzzJZbV-YpDnQgUfiIuIVICpNPyfWin8rd9dW-vzF3Q0s6cwGcsOrC6r4qKLB2APu99eboY9Gpwi4k6rEzLyFYE25OlismIPbVcZr20yzBAfsioCkVdZk5xcv-tIdFJit

89 Points
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ-vuKPqCx1NSRZ2a4Lc-QYfYvf4KSshuqrXyNZKofdP7aqxakTOHHb48LcauzzJZbV-YpDnQgUfiIuIVICpNPyfWin8rd9dW-vzF3Q0s6cwGcsOrC6r4qKLB2APu99eboY9Gpwi4k6rEzLyFYE25OlismIPbVcZr20yzBAfsioCkVdZk5xcv-tIdFJitGo_22vsJGYqbtcM6ykpRTKxHfVtNkiP2jX0wfA==

Final Skill Tree
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ7c-QYc1kti9_gpKyG6qtfIs6RUgKk0_J6xHfVvMBnLDqwvdDfzFVvrWin8rd9cKm3jrwdiooqr4aqxakah90_uCx49Gpwi4k-vuKPqboffXzLyqxE25hWCsmIPbVcY6WAQHTLPsimvbA-4zhx2-PC3Grl-YzzJZbRcv-tIdFEKjJLCApFXWZOeYraQ50IFH4iLi2wuCHsHzlSAtHy9v2RNwu-wYwcWIQnRVXyoaj_ba-wkZipu1wzrKSlFMI_aNfTB8TZJTUkWdmuA=

Gems

5/4L(Deerstalker Boots) - Blink/Mirror Arrow > Multiple Traps > LMP > Minion Damage/Pierce
4L - Mirror/Blink Arrow -> Traps > Multiple Traps > LMP
4L - Reduced Mana > Generosity > Hatred > Wrath
4L - Cast When Damage Taken(1) > Enduring Cry(5) > Immortal Call(3) > Increased Duration
3L - Rain of Arrows > Curse on Hit > Temporal Chains (Quality)
2L - Reduced Mana > Grace
0L - Flesh Offering, Lightning Warp

Why Quality Temporal Chains?
A level 1 Q20 Temporal Chains is equivalent to a level 20 non-quality Temporal Chains, except for the increased radius, which we don't need as we're using Curse on Hit.

Why Generosity?
To benefit from Elemental Equilibrium, you only use 2 elemental damage auras, freeing up a space for generosity, this also removes the aura effect of the 2 elemental damage on you, hence your damage will only consists of sources from items, in my case only bow and ring adds fire damage.

Why Curse on Hit?

Saves up 1 move, as this build requires you to hit the mobs to maximize Elemental Equilibrium output, linking CoH will save u the extra time to cast curse manually.

Why RoA?
Easier to hit desired target, AoE gets larger as the gem level gets higher. Although replacing it with Split Arrow + Fork still works quite well.

Why Multiple Traps?

You throw 3 traps at one cast, significantly improving speed to generate illusions.

Why Flesh Offering?
Up to 40% increased aspd on your minions, definitely a must have skill.

Bandits

Normal: Oak (+40 Life)
Cruel : Kill all (+1 Passive)
Merciless : Kill all (+1 Passive)

Recommended Gear

Bow:-
Chin Sol (Cheap, benefits greatly for point blank damage as you don't tank mob damage)
Infractem (100% pierce, cons of the bow does not affect you, works well with drillneck)

Quiver:-
Rearguard (Good for tanking, provides armor, attack block and spell block)
Maloney's Nightfall ( Provides health & minor chaos res, chance to generate smokecloud)
Drillneck (Works great with Infractem, but too expensive D:)

Helm:-
Alpha's Howl (AURAS!!!)

Chest:-
Any chest that provides health, armor and resist will do.
Can also opt for hybrid armor+es chest.

*Note* Evasion chest is not required as you will be running Grace

Glove:-
Health and Resist gloves will do.

Boots:-
Deerstalker Deerskin (essentially a 5L, provides decent life and evasion)

Belts:-
Look for + flat armor, health and resist

Rings & Ammys:-
Ideal rings would be health, mana, mana regeneration and resist

Current Gear

Credits

@Errabundus:- The Portable Firing Squad | Blink/Mirror Arrow Trap Summoner

- His guide was what inspired me to tryout a hybrid Scion version of the build.

@RipisillusionExile (for forcing me to play the game)

FAQ

To be updated.
Last edited by acidpops on Jan 29, 2020, 1:55:03 AM
Have you tried chain as a replacement to LMP? The clones all focus the same target and it's hard to get consistent results with LMP. Chain seems to work much better for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYldRN-Ie0k
"
acidpops wrote:

5/4L(Deerstalker Boots) - Blink Arrow > Multiple Traps > LMP > Minion Damage/Pierce
4L - Blink Arrow -> Traps > Multiple Traps > LMP

Typo: Deerstalker link is mirror arrow, right?
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:
Have you tried chain as a replacement to LMP? The clones all focus the same target and it's hard to get consistent results with LMP. Chain seems to work much better for me.

Cool video! I've experimented with linking pierce/point blank, somehow LMP seems more favourable. I'll try to compare the damages with chain soon and I'll update on the results, though it's really difficult to calculate damage for this particular build due to the different factors affecting the damage(minion numbers, durations etc)

Anyways, good to see a fellow blink/mirrow arrow trapper, may I ask what equips or skill tree you're using?

"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
acidpops wrote:

5/4L(Deerstalker Boots) - Blink Arrow > Multiple Traps > LMP > Minion Damage/Pierce

Ah yes, didn't notice the typo!

Thanks for pointing that out ;)
Last edited by acidpops on Jan 22, 2015, 8:13:42 AM
Update #1:-

Added "Leveling" Section
Last edited by acidpops on Jan 22, 2015, 8:14:10 AM
"
acidpops wrote:
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:

Cool video! I've experimented with linking pierce/point blank, somehow LMP seems more favourable. I'll try to compare the damages with chain soon and I'll update on the results, though it's really difficult to calculate damage for this particular build due to the different factors affecting the damage(minion numbers, durations etc)

Anyways, good to see a fellow blink/mirrow arrow trapper, may I ask what equips or skill tree you're using?

"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
acidpops wrote:

Ah yes, didn't notice the typo!

Thanks for pointing that out ;)

I linked my tree in the video as well as my links. I'm using Lioneye's Glare and an Alpha's Howl. Wrath and Anger are slotted into the Alpha's Howl along with Generosity.

I think that Chain is much better than LMP because of the way the clones work. If you watch the clones shoot enemies, they'll all focus one target. This makes the clear really poor if the enemies are in multiple directions. Chain helps solve that. This problem seems to be exacerbated by phylacteral link in bloodlines.
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:

I linked my tree in the video as well as my links. I'm using Lioneye's Glare and an Alpha's Howl. Wrath and Anger are slotted into the Alpha's Howl along with Generosity.

I think that Chain is much better than LMP because of the way the clones work. If you watch the clones shoot enemies, they'll all focus one target. This makes the clear really poor if the enemies are in multiple directions. Chain helps solve that. This problem seems to be exacerbated by phylacteral link in bloodlines.

Hey there! I've tried linking with chain and tbh, it's somewhat difficult to tell the difference in the clear speed.

The more obvious observation I could point out is that chain tend to clear faster for small to mid sized packs, while LMP works better against large packs. (I could be wrong tho :S)

Nevertheless, both are great gems to link with these build, for now it's just a matter of preference I guess.

"
sherkhan wrote:
Love the coloring on this write-up. Makes it much easier to read on a phone.

Thank you! I'm glad that helps :)
Last edited by acidpops on Jan 23, 2015, 6:41:22 AM
Hey, just thought i'd give an update on the character i am using with your build :)

My Gear

My passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABAcIZxg8Hb4o-jpYPC1Bh0WdTLNNuVNSVcZfKmvbdFWCx4PbhWCPRpM6muCboacIqsSsmLc-uJO9J8auzLza3evu7Ir31_no

Gear lacking and i needed a bit of dex just to level gems but going good so far :), also using 1xhp pot, 2xmana pot and 2xspeed pots

edit - forgot to mention i was like level 30 something here lol just finished piety
Last edited by NoiXion on Jan 24, 2015, 2:42:23 AM
"
NoiXion wrote:
Hey, just thought i'd give an update on the character i am using with your build :)

Gear lacking and i needed a bit of dex just to level gems but going good so far :), also using 1xhp pot, 2xmana pot and 2xspeed pots

Hey there!
Good to see you're progressing well, how's the clear speed so far?

Anyways, consider getting clarity / elreon's ring with mana regen if you're having mana issues, seeing you're using 2x mana pots.

As for your skill tree progress, branching out to Ondar's Guile now could be great for the dex requirements just so when you reach 53+ you could be prepared for the new bow.

p/s: nice belt you have there :)
Last edited by acidpops on Jan 24, 2015, 7:38:33 AM
"
acidpops wrote:
"
NoiXion wrote:

Hey there!
Good to see you're progressing well, how's the clear speed so far?

Anyways, consider getting clarity / elreon's ring with mana regen if you're having mana issues, seeing you're using 2x mana pots.

As for your skill tree progress, branching out to Ondar's Guile now could be great for the dex requirements just so when you reach 53+ you could be prepared for the new bow.

p/s: nice belt you have there :)

Hey, the clear speed pretty good tbh, just when it comes to bosses sometimes it can take a little while, since im not used to trapping at all, so my placement sucks atm lol.

Atm i am okay witht he 2 mana pots, just so i can cap resists since i am travelling into cruel now.
but i shall start branching to the dex side of things and see how i go from there :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info