[1.3] Spectral Throw COC Scion/Witch

So having fallen in love with CoC builds and trying to maximize them, I'd like to throw the tree and build I'm using to the community for comments, suggestions, advice. I've been able to complete both level 78 maps with the build and have plenty of room to grow as far as gear is concerned.

Passive tree

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAABUIFtQhnDkgPqxGWFr8YPCP2JP0mlSj6KgssnC0fLagwcTB8NZI2PTpCOuFBh0GWRKtKyEtXS3hMs02STeNQMFFHUzVVS1WuXfJh4mKsY0NqQ2sXbIxtbG6qb55wUnBWcNV3B3f9fyt_xoLHgwmHE4nTjDaNfY2_kBuTOpUgmK2aE5u1nKSdqqKjpleus7GQtMW1SLXytz631rzqvSfAVMDjwfPC7MM6ykrQ9dQj1orYvdtZ217b1N2o51Txs_JF8-r56P4K_o__3g==

Tree 2

A friend of mine reviewed my tree and came up with this alternate for those not liking EE. I also agreed with his changes enough to switch to it immediately. I can see a difference in dmg without EE, but I am also opened up to a lot of new spells that didnt work well with EE before.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAABUIFtQ5ID6sRlha_I_Yk_SaVKgssnC0fLagwcTB8Nj06QkGWS1dLeEyzUDBRR1M1VUth4mKsY0NqQ2sXbIxtbG-ecFJwVncHfyt_xoMJhxOMNo19jb-QG5UgmhObtZyknaqio66zsZC0xbVIt9a86sBUwOPB88LswzrKStD11CPWittZ217b1N2o51Txs_Pq_95RTKxHfVsqTUrIPye18m6qqW4yCXJsbEYqODWS_o9N46ZX2L0EB1XGg9vjhOywjAtNkrl8gh7bCw==

My Gear

Gear explanation:
Ok, so I'm going for crit, maligaro's and rat's nest should speak for themselves. I've been considering taking one of them out and replacing with a good rare so I can get more HP/reists, w/e. As is I'm sitting at around 87% crit chance with 6 power charges.

Also, could replace saffell's to increase dps, but the extra survivability is nice, especially against ele reflect mobs.

I've chosen to use elemental weakness with CoDT which works pretty well, especially at level one. considering I dont have to cast it and I'm lazy, its great. It could be replaced with assassins mark for the make-up in crit if it seems necessary.

Issues - Mana. even with a low level Spectral throw it seems mana is an issue unless on run clarity on life. I want to get rid of this, but so far havent invested the time or currency into the gear. Some testing has shown physical dmg leech to mana may be sufficient since I have a higher mana pool than I did at earlier levels...but I havent tried it out recently due to not wanting to take the currency dive required to upgrade my rings.

If I had a 6L i would throw a life leech gem in there in a second and be done with most of my problems since id remove the doryani's belt for ele resist and HP.

So please help me maximize the potential here!
Last edited by Duradil on Jan 20, 2015, 7:51:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info