[2.0 Update] datboishagg's Wand Barrage CoC Ball Lightning + Arc *Video Added*

http://www.twitch.tv/datboishagg
my Ball Lightning Witch build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019391

NEW VIDEO FROM 2.0 on Hardcore* Level 91 on Hardcore with the gear posted below.
https://youtu.be/Z8pB0JGs7bs

2.0 Skill Tree**********
77 Points (140% life) to get it working strong - http://poeurl.com/zywFZ7E

101 Point (206% life w/ 3 jewels) - http://poeurl.com/zywIOMS

115 Point final - http://poeurl.com/zywXMUL

Thanks for the feedback!

Pros-
Tabula Rasa and wand to get started
Insane Mapping Speed for cheap
Evade/Dodge/Block
The benefit of a mechanic called "Entropy" (Evasion is not purely based on chance in the sense that each hit is independent. Instead, it uses a system of "entropy" to ensure that enemies won't get long strings of hits or misses by chance.)
One of the few (if not the first) CoC build that does not use Greater Multiple Projectiles on main link.

Cons-
Low Armor without granite active
Lightning Resistant Mobs, 4L can be used to deal with this.

Requires-
6L Chest
Capped Lightning Resist (preferably capped 75% + 40% = 115% to counter curses, if your just capped at 75% and get cursed down to 35% resist then you can easily die to reflect)

Overview-
This build is based around giving up the benefits of Greater Multiple Projectiles on Barrage+CoC so Ball Lightning can destroy single targets/grouped up mobs, and arc can clear mobs that are spread out.

Instead of self casting other skills or curses, all you use is Barrage while managing your

16243 Evasion while Flask active at lvl 91
3495 Armor while Flask active at lvl 91

Gear
for 2.0 on hardcore i was able to swap out my rats nest and maligaros for more life from rare items to replace them with just to show the higher life value still with 94% crit chance. I did not set up new 4L's since i'm not really playing this build.

Spoiler

the Tooltip numbers for our spells is very low yet the clear-speed is amazing due to the amount of procs along with spells criting and shocking. Increased Critical Strikes not only affects barrage but also helps the spells dominate.

Bandits
Normal - Help Oak (+40 Life)
Cruel - Help Kraityn (8% Attack Speed)
Merciless - Help Alira (+1 Max Power Charge)

Old
Level 91 Stats
Offensive Stats
95% Critical Chance on 6L Lightning Barrage
78% Critical Chance on 4L Arctic Breath Barrage
92% Chance to Hit
2.8 Attacks Per Second
285% Multiplier
2814 Arc Tooltip Average Dmg 46.9% Crit Chance
1193 Ball Lightning Tooltip Average Dmg 46.9% Crit Chance
Defensive Stats
5667 Life
12108 Evasion at 50%
Ondar's Guile 95% Evade Projectile Attacks
Phase Acrobatics = 40% Dodge + 30% Spell Dodge
18% Block
11% Spell Block (Rathpith optional)

Level 89 Stats
Level 89 Stats
Offensive Stats
95% Critical Chance on 6L Lightning Barrage
78% Critical Chance on 4L Arctic Breath Barrage
91% Chance to Hit
2.8 Attacks Per Second
285% Multiplier
2509 Arc Tooltip Average Dmg 45.5% Crit Chance
1006 Ball Lightning Tooltip Average Dmg 45.5% Crit Chance
Defensive Stats
5363 Life
11866 Evasion at 50%
Ondar's Guile 95% Evade Projectile Attacks
18% Block
9% Spell Block (Rathpith optional)

Level 84 Stats

Offensive Stats
90.4% Critical Chance on Barrage
83% Chance to Hit
3 Attacks Per Second
245% Multiplier
1796 Arc Tooltip Average Dmg 43.1% Crit Chance
775 Ball Lightning Tooltip Average Dmg 43.1% Crit Chance

Defensive Stats
4757 Life, 259 Energy Shield
8363 Evasion at 43% Evade Attacks
Ondar's Guile 78% Evade Projectile Attacks
15% Block
8% Spell Block (Stone of Lazhwar is optional)

My Current gear Level 89

GG GGG
Last edited by datboishagg on Sep 15, 2015, 11:21:42 AM
^Updated level 84 data
GG GGG
^Updated with level 89 data and rewrote some stuff.
GG GGG
nice build, i think i will give it a try. did you have any problems with reflect? i suspect that this could kill the char instantly...
"
knarstoppel wrote:
nice build, i think i will give it a try. did you have any problems with reflect? i suspect that this could kill the char instantly...

glad your diggin' the build! Reflect is dealt with by the 30% dodge from phase acro and 9% spell block from rathpith, so since they can overlap you take away 30% from 9% to average it out at 36% average ignore reflect which is huge. and then the CWDT+Warlords Mark kicks in pretty quickly. at the worst times it could make me hit 70% of my life before the warlords mark allows me to ping pong between 70-80% life.

But yea pretty much with ignoring the 36% reflected along with warlords mark i havent had any close calls. But i could imagine a reflect pack next to a allies cannot die or something could be trouble though i havent ran into it.

1.3.1 Edit: Now that bond of chaos has been nerfed, I will be swapping to a topaz for the first time so thats even more reflect mitigation =P
GG GGG
Last edited by datboishagg on Feb 2, 2015, 10:02:27 PM
thanks for the answer. i didn't expect the dodge/block being enough as reflect mitigation, but it seems to work. good to know^^
you have your alternative CoC setup for lightning resistant mobs. have you considered using Barrage-CoC-EK-EK instead? that would also be useful against ele reflect and you dont need the GMP.
"
knarstoppel wrote:
thanks for the answer. i didn't expect the dodge/block being enough as reflect mitigation, but it seems to work. good to know^^
you have your alternative CoC setup for lightning resistant mobs. have you considered using Barrage-CoC-EK-EK instead? that would also be useful against ele reflect and you dont need the GMP.

I'm insanely afraid of playing with phys reflect since i have to keep up my granite to have decent armor, and since ek is a phys spell, it would probably obliterate me if i hit reflect and a crit without my granite on. also i believe they nerfed being able to link the same gem more than once with CoC. also having the gmp arctic breath can let me shotgun all the projectiles at point blank range since i can tank well enough and i usually see some low duration freezes thanks to the heavy crits on yellow summoner mobs in 75's.
GG GGG
How do you run your auras and heralds ?

I can't seem to get enough mana to run them all >.>
Is this build viable for Atziri and/or Uber Atziri?
What do you think about using life leech in link setup OR getting doryani's lightning belt and 1% lightning leech on wand/amulet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info