FIX YOUR GAME

"
Kezz123 wrote:
UPDATE

After more testing, the issue appears to be HO related.

If I start a map in my own HO i can run them without lag or disconnects.
If I join someone else's HO I immediately start lagging horribly and will get disconnected either within their HO or not long after joining their map or Masters instance.

I would say I get disconnected about 8 out of 10 times I try through another player HO regardless who the player is (via global 820) If I dont get disconnected, I get massive lag spikes.

If I map in my own HO, no problems.
I can sit in my HO for 20 mins straight or map for 20 mins straight without lag or crash but as SOON as I join someone else's I crash within 2 minutes

must be my pc (sarcasm)

Hi Kezz123,

I'm really sorry to hear about this.

That actually sounds like you're joining the instances of people on different gateways to you, so you're experiencing the ping increase resulting from trying to connect to those servers instead of your local ones. As a test, running some maps from the Eternal Laboratory should yield identical results to running them in your hideout.

Additionally, if you have any local friends you can run some maps with, you should have better luck.

Now, this doesn't necessarily explain the disconnections - there could be some other issues involved that are just being compounded by this one, so I recommend providing some connection information. That should help to clear up what exactly is happening here.

@Imbecile, if you haven't already, I recommend creating your own thread about this, and providing similar connection information. Chances are your issues are entirely unrelated, so it'll help us to give more personalized advice.

If either of you want to contact support@grindinggear.com about this then that may get you some more timely assistance.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info