Help Appreciated - CI/Vaal Pact/Ghost Reaver - Spectral Throw

This is intended to be a hardcore build. My basic question is: Am I overlooking something?

1. I chose claws for their synergy with trying to leech as much life as possible. Is there a better weapon/skill choice?

2. I think I've taken into account most things that are really easy to die to. Am I going to die to something really obvious that I'm not thinking about?

3. Is there a mechanic in play here that I haven't taken into account?

4. Is my skill allocation efficient? When I switch from Life to CI I'll be taking all the defensive nodes first of course, and then getting all the remaining damage ones from lvling from there.

Build
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAALL_BxX_GHNyTJ7QMRnGDCWBDbj0DljsoKjipbrXybqpKyFpSqJqbXfKXDkgRllZjFdeGrlyKwfOiox1PLR-VIKcrNbkRUG0ZGyXZW0uu34rpAhEvKwq2913ymZrrYyymN2Y0Cuq6V8kNfDeDpuu-OhB72xrndG1stUiSgJoXapXQCWXxu3whAyLq6NbdSLjZAQmNvwW1nyfYCz3d-vEvb9kTcLvsGKZ_7UHBAPVLi3o2xR8CBAdMs4RI4vcBb1xrw21vV0X0ZK-KOBX9tMXC7NYHj8FLHI2BX2rb5-OEpzTAnPb8RwY=

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Last edited by ApolloTheBreaker on Jan 17, 2015, 11:59:17 AM
Bump :)
I wouldn't look at the leech as a reason to use Claws because Blood Rage exists for CI and daggers are far more effective.

Non-crit spectral is very mediocre in terms of damage.

Arcane Vision should never be taken as CI, it's for low-life builds.

Ondar's Guile is very effective for mitigating reflect.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Personally I would have Hatred and Grace and forget about Evasion on gear, Disc doesn't do so much when you can have like 7-8k from gear and Disc is only 1 or 2k more.

You won't die to reflect definitely, the build is missing out on some easy crit nodes for e.g. Assassination and True Strike and Heartseeker, imho From the Shadows is a waste compared to pure crit.

Sniper is great for easy proj speed and much easier to reach than Ballistic =)

Personally I would also take the two power charges and use Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Ass Mark.

Here is some gameplay of a similar build ->

http://www.twitch.tv/zenocidegenius/v/3695806
I looked far and wide for a CI/Vaal Pact/Ghost Reaver build and found nothing. Is there a build posted somewhere for Zenocide's character?

Also, took your advice and dropped dagger nodes for crit nodes as well as getting Sniper. I'll probably just run vaal disc with increased duration instead of regular disc. grace and hatred sound awesome

Thanks for all your help
Last edited by ApolloTheBreaker on Jan 17, 2015, 6:41:34 PM
Not sure if Zenocide ever posted a build but the build looks pretty good, I'd be ever so careful about Stun but it's fairly doable without any stun protection on a ranged build (guy I know reached 96ish on HC with a CI wander that had no stun protection apart from the natural ES protection) although if you prefer a more aggresive playstyle, dropping Grace for US may be desirable (up to you)
Sorry for my ignorance, what's US?
Unwavering Stance (Keystone, allocate a bit left from Vaal Pact)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Jan 19, 2015, 5:04:16 AM
Aha! I was looking in auras :P

I was planning on running Eye of Chayula and Alpha's Howl with this build to take care of stun and freeze for good. Thoughts on those uniques or others that would be helpful for CI?

I'm about to hit maps in bloodlines. I'll update as I go

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info