Duelist... bow... blood magic...

Hi Guys,

I played PoE last 2013 i think during BETA and I was level 63 Duelist Blood Magic but now since alot of things goin on and new feature and maps and bosses came in I want to play again but I notice all passive tree change big time...

so my question are:

-Does Duelist Bow user still viable as blood magic?
-what new skill stone are good for this build.

TIA! for those who will reply.
IGN: SwabengTanda or AzKaL or Matutina (HC)
If I won any bidding, kindly PM me if i'm not online
bump
IGN: SwabengTanda or AzKaL or Matutina (HC)
If I won any bidding, kindly PM me if i'm not online
Need to know too :)
Trying a duelist bow tank, but I don't know if I'll use BM yet.
Depending on your definition of viable, a lot of things are good or ok and can be done.

Regarding Blood Magic (assuming you mean keystone here), the main reasons to take it is to run very expensive skills or for some low-life builds. If it is not for low life then keep in mind that you have kinda given up on using auras. You can probably use one of the Heralds and be ok but anything else will really start to eat at your life pool.

As for new skills, Tornado Shot is currently very good, a bit too good. It is a fairly cheap skill (mana), so you really wouldn't need Blood Magic.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
IMO, a duelist archer's advantage over a ranger is the ability to run armour instead of evasion for a more stable damage mitigation. He can also make use of the keystone Iron Grip to better utilize the strength stat while getting armour.

I have roughly plotted a passive tree as an example.
http://poeurl.com/zcwS1Wn
This build focuses on high physical damage mitigation through high armour, iron reflexes, and endurance charges.
The main idea is to fight right in the mobs as a tanky archer, with skills such as rain of arrows.
You can also use a wider range of unique items as both evasion and armour will benefit you. For example Devoto's devotion and Lightning Coil can be used without wasting their armour stat in most of the archer builds.

With blood magic and mortal conviction, running a 60% aura (determination/hatred) and herald of ash will cost you 30%hp and 27%hp without and with the alpha's howl unique. However, as life pool is what keeping you alive, I don't really think BM is a good idea.
Last edited by SheolFear on Jan 25, 2015, 3:31:46 AM
I came to this thread and after reading. I was thinking to level up a duelist bow.
Gonna use iron reflexes.. Point blan keystone (from tree,not gem)
Helard of ash. Hatred.
Herald of thunder for curse assasins mark
go with tank style and shot at my feet tornado shots

Chin sol or harbinger??????
I guess chin sol will out damage any harbinger at similar price level. You may try out the build with it until you feel like investing a whole bunch of exalts on a gg harbinger
"
SheolFear wrote:
I guess chin sol will out damage any harbinger at similar price level. You may try out the build with it until you feel like investing a whole bunch of exalts on a gg harbinger

tyy fos answer :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info