What is REALLY balanced after all?

People who played before 1.3 was depolyed knew alot that the new patch would be primary for LLD as it was somewhat balanced and therefor would be easier to even out. People were hyped and more people started to play(HLD aswell). However with 1.3 patch I've seen so many complaints about LLD, more than I ever saw in HLD cumulative.

Was LLD really that balanced after all?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
It is pretty balanced save a few things. For the pvp to be healthy the meta should change with every new challenge league (so every 3 months), and people will always complain as some are slower to catch up.
"
People who played before 1.3 was depolyed knew alot that the new patch would be primary for LLD as it was somewhat balanced and therefor would be easier to even out. People were hyped and more people started to play(HLD aswell). However with 1.3 patch I've seen so many complaints about LLD, more than I ever saw in HLD cumulative.

Was LLD really that balanced after all?

The final version (for season 1 ) was much more balanced that it was before 1.3. 1hit wonder builds were balanced (nerfed if you like), many weak skills buffed and the gap between ranged/caster/melee shortened. Well of course its still there, but 1.3 (though much unbalanced still, as the events showed us) was a good start at least.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
maybe because people don't give a fuck about HLD?
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
maybe because people don't give a fuck about HLD?

People do though. Not my fault you can't compete
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
be realistic. HLD is the significant minority filled with mirrored gear characters.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
be realistic. HLD is the significant minority filled with mirrored gear characters.

the same could have been said for LLD before 1.3 (except for the part of mirrored gear, you can change that with multi-ex/et gear)
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Skyforth wrote:

Yet you made a thread about how LLD sucess was influenced by wealth
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Jan 16, 2015, 10:30:17 AM
if ggg adressed their events towards hld we wouldnt be forced to play snooringlld. couple of 3v3 total isnt impressing... and next season is in temp legue? .. i play pve in temp... as everyone else... pvp is core legue.
Getting back on topic, yes LLD got a lot more balanced than previously. Phys damage used to be complete king and sword/board was among the few top-tier builds. It's still great, but we've toned down the power of Acro/block and phys damage in general. We've removed the ridiculousness of 1-shot Puncture traps and scaled down crit (although some would argue a little bit too much). Of course there are new problems that have surfaced as more people began to experiment and bring their builds to the public eye, including Molten Strike, Cyclone, and Firestorm, to name a few. These skills had been explored less because Elreon jewelry was still relatively new and some of these skills have been historically bad, so it took some time before people discovered their new power. Old skills like Freezing Pulse and Tornado Shot got nerfed a bit, but during Season 1 I think we've seen that they are still very strong skills. Temporal Chains was nerfed, encouraging use of other curses. The list goes on, and you'd be surprised how many tweaks we actually made to LLD before 1.3. There's still a long road, especially for improving the quality of PvP events, which we didn't manage to test much. But there was good progress in the right direction.

As for HLD, I think it's very difficult to approach balance. Could we have worked on it before 1.3? Well we actually did, but barely. There are just so many factors involved in HLD that it makes balance a lot more difficult than LLD. More gems, more gem interactions, more uniques, more levels...it's easy to have too much stratification of the HLD player base if we're looking at getting people involved, and not because of skill level, but because of gear and level differences. Cast when Damage Taken, elemental resists, life recovery, crit, RT, etc. etc. etc., the list could be endless. So many factors, how do we even start? You're welcome to give ideas, but the main setback for us is the sheer number of things that need testing and the limited number of people actually testing. Anyway, Season 3 is supposedly permaleague HLD focused, but we'll see where that goes.
Last edited by mimivirus on Jan 21, 2015, 6:15:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info