[1.3] Bloodlines Remote Ice Spear Proliferate Mines

Level 86 shadow in bloodlines at the moment, soloing all maps with relative ease!
Cheap OP-prolif build that you can try out if you're bored of flameblast.

Videos
70 bog map- http://youtu.be/y7j-IeHzOxM
72 jungle valley- http://youtu.be/4lZYVLPfFtg

Passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2pLFVS-WOYeKdYyaVXfJw1Q5IidPjhBGWcFI2PQcef8adqpUuJ6nBxWKsbIzw1YhCoEO0xUlRj_qCHhODOq3C7Nvn6_UUsNsLDo5vhAW1cFHDCUwtI1__HI2_1CPo1nZvswO5kxEPUUcwcZsmfrAyGPIdrJjnVDB83agyAdhUUzF0VTpY99fxbCT9jX1_K0t4shlfKlXGm6E22P_eI_bWijpCz3qD249GSRtNkmHrHRQqjXpTjmT60q-N7FX3pmaeFm-2-sAaJKrjanGFGjg26XrmkFVj_ScvRtc=

Stats

Damage

average damage on a crit, when the enemy is cursed with assassins mark: around 28000.

Defense

over 8000 evasion, 40% dodge chance for atks, 30% for spells, 20% block chance
75% all res, 3794 HP with not-so-great gear.

Current Gear

I use facebreaker for the 60% crit multiplier. great for when you have close to 100% crit chance :D
No uniques are necessary for this build. It's a very cheap high level map viable build to play.

Playstyle
You try to stay spaced away from mobs to get ice spear in 2nd form when it hits.
There is a lot of different ways you do this.
Placing mines away from enemies is easy if they aren't chasing you, but when they are you can place mines and drag enemies away from them then detonate.
You can also use smoke mine or decoy totem as skills that help with positioning.
If there are many mobs right infront of you it won't matter as much as the spear goes into 2nd form once it pierces a target in 1st form.
You also have roughly 40-50% crit chance in 1st form so you can still crit pretty reliably if u plant multiple mines.

Playing solo is my preferred playstyle as mobs are tougher to burn when on 6 man HP.
When soloing, most bosses die to 1-3 mines pretty easily.
Last edited by Kaepora on Jan 15, 2015, 10:49:21 AM
I love the concept. I think it's great you found a way to utilize mines. I'm impressed with the damage also. It's just that... the playstyle looks boring. I don't know how the remote mine gem can be saved but to me the very concept of it is just slow and uninteresting. I really want the gem to exist, I'm just not sure how it can be changed into something that people want to play. It's not the damage either, it's the mechanics of it that's just too clunky.
Hi. I'm also building a traper in BL league. Especially a freezer/burner

If I were you, i would get rid of avatar of fire & cold to fire gem. You loose way to much skill points and 1 gem slot (most important !)

Take a Pyre ! Low cost ring, increase burn dmg, turn every cold dmg to fire.

Have you tried trap ? A bit less dmg, but way easier to play. With deerstalker, you got your 5SL and some high mobility !

Use a double curse. Asassin mark and elem weakness (or flamability) are a must have in your build. It also allows you to get some power charge. Why power charge ? For shocking with elemental equilibrium.

Let me explain ! If you could threw a trap with a lightning spell (traps are damn fast), and EE, you'll get another 50% more dmg. If you shock with your lightning spell (with your high crit, and power charges, should be easy), you'll get another 50% more dmg.

And if you kill some shocked mobs, you could use herald of thunder, linked to curse on hit, elem weakness and asassin mark.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2pLFVS-WOYeKdYyaVXfJw1Q5IidPjhBGWcFI2PQcef8adqpUuYqxsjPDVtMVJUY_6gh46rcLs2-fr9RSw2wtvhAW1cFHDCUwt_xyNv9Qjdm-zA7mTEQ9RRzBxfrAyGPIdrJjnVDB83ajYVFMxdFU6WPFsJP2NfX8rS3hfKlXGNtj_3iP21oo6QoPbSRtNkiqN7FVQMNteY0N85RhqeC-boffXWAfQ9UGWrrNMsyycBUJxeRccEmmdrqcIj0a4yjt8D8Sio8HzmK0o-uvuuJNTUkWdmuA=
And BTW try to vaal your atziri foible. You could get an additional curse on it.

---> Best way to save skill points !
"
Hi. I'm also building a traper in BL league. Especially a freezer/burner

If I were you, i would get rid of avatar of fire & cold to fire gem. You loose way to much skill points and 1 gem slot (most important !)

Take a Pyre ! Low cost ring, increase burn dmg, turn every cold dmg to fire.

Have you tried trap ? A bit less dmg, but way easier to play. With deerstalker, you got your 5SL and some high mobility !

Use a double curse. Asassin mark and elem weakness (or flamability) are a must have in your build. It also allows you to get some power charge. Why power charge ? For shocking with elemental equilibrium.

Let me explain ! If you could threw a trap with a lightning spell (traps are damn fast), and EE, you'll get another 50% more dmg. If you shock with your lightning spell (with your high crit, and power charges, should be easy), you'll get another 50% more dmg.

And if you kill some shocked mobs, you could use herald of thunder, linked to curse on hit, elem weakness and asassin mark.

so, with a pyre ring if you 1 shot a mob the ice spear will not proliferate to any nearby mobs. because of that i can't use it.

as for traps it is too hard to hit mobs with the second form of ice spear if you throw a trap right at a mob. it is much easier to play with remote mine.

also i bricked my atziri's foible into a rare haha. but really, dual curse isn't that necessary for anything other than high hp rares/ beyonders or bosses, everything else melts faster than you can curse them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info