Cast when damage taken ( Detonating gems ) , need tweaking.

Cast when damage taken is far too efficient right now, it gives 10% more damage on lvl 21 and gives you access to being able to link multiple spells to it. As soon as someone hits you they take the full blast of the spells linked to cwdt.

Exemple a 6L CWDT With Arcticbreath/Fireball/Balllightning/Conc/BlockPen Will do very massive damage to anyone without spell block and most of the time it will AOE shotgun 1 shot even with 8k+ life or es. Not only a lvl 21 cwdt gives 1/3 of Pain attunement ( 10% more damage, PA gives 30% ) But it lets you cast all the spells linked to it when you take damage. It's comparable to beign able to cast 3 AOE spells at once doing a lot more damage because of the gem itself.

The gem should be tweaked to atleast lower the damage of atleast 15% Less, the fact that you can link multiple spells to it makes it unjustified to increase it by 10% more.

I would also limit the spells that you can link to it to only two spells instead of 3-4.

This creates very lazy builds focusing on high block/regen to make cwdt detonates even more, with how the gem adds damage you also dont even have to get any real DPS from the tree besides a bit of crit. Most of the time you will use AOE spells due to concentrated effect boosting the damage significantly and easily.

Imo the same thing applies to Remote mines, cast on death, CoC.

Remote mine does the same as cwdt, it adds % more damage instead of increased. This should be retweaked to 15 % Less damage. It makes no sense to be able to put up 6 mines which can detonate all the AOE spells you want or puncture arrows and make them do 10% more from just a gem, this creates many builds focusing on 1 shot from it IE: Ranger puncture remote mine, known for 1 shotting over 10k Pool. Same thing goes for spells, you can easily link a spell to it and make it do insane damage by detonating 6 casts in one button. Remote mine lvl 20 gives over 45% More mine damage which is comparable to being more 5/3 of pain attunement for no real reason but to make everything linked to it very overpowered.

Cast on crit is in the same vein, a melee flicker striker will focus on crit with CoC linked to AOE spells gems and make them detonate upon flicker criting, which blasts you with 2-3 AOE concentrated effect spells in your face and it can 1 shot over 8k+ pool easily. These guys dont even focus on any defense, just 6l CoC flicker crit aoe spells do the job upon critting and 1 shot over 8k+ pool Easily.

Cast on death was nerfed patches ago due to how it was overpowere by casting way too many spells at once and you didnt even need much damage from the tree, why are the other overpowered detonating gems not looked at already ?

Spells dont need a nerf, penetration is needed for them to deliver damage, detonating gems are the problem because they give % more damage and it's really unjustified. Dont nerf spells the wrong way and take a look at multiple casting detonating gems instead, they need severe reducement in damage and to how many spells u can link to them.

Note that you dont even need a costly build for this to work, it is very easy to obtain and a 6l chest and put cwdt in it or using 6l remote mine or 6l coc, you dont even need good gear or really tweaked tree to make it work, the damage boost from the gems themselves and the shotgun aoe multiple casting spells provide to all the work. Those types of builds should not be able to 1 shot anything with just a simple gem and so little currency invested into build.

After 3 years of pvp experiences, i have yet to say something needs heavy tweaking but this is really severe.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Jan 12, 2015, 6:26:06 PM
This is spot on Cwdt and other trigger gems make for lazy PvP and the trigger gems are the root of the problem when it comes to a lot of OP skills/tactics.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
This. In my opinion they should just remove trigger gems from pvp, both counter gems and cwdt and cws. Let people self cast their defensive and offensive measures and introduce skill based fighting back into high level pvp.
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
15% less dmg will not change a thing when you're cwdt'ing multiple shotgun spells. I already posted this 2 days ago. Don't exclude "trap" support when talking about remote mine.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171309/page/1
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 12, 2015, 11:57:46 PM
Taking Total 3240 Total Damage :s // well that is seems not worthy to me to use// I prefer CWS at least all I need to trigger is to be stunned

Regarding to Remote mine ,, well I agree 5 mines (Arc + Light pen + mine + block reduction) and good mines nodes & spell damage can give you around 30k 1 shoot dmg or even more (10K is direct to your life/ES pool) ignoring all res
Last edited by alshabibi7 on Jan 13, 2015, 12:20:00 AM
"
alshabibi7 wrote:
Taking Total 3240 Total Damage :s // well that is seems not worthy to me to use// I prefer CWS at least all I need to trigger is to be stunned

Regarding to Remote mine ,, well I agree 5 mines (Arc + Light pen + mine + block reduction) and good mines nodes & spell damage can give you around 30k 1 shoot dmg or even more (10K is direct to your life/ES pool) ignoring all res

3240 is not very high.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Spoiler
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
"
alshabibi7 wrote:

3240 is not very high.

For me it is!

CWS is much better for offensive use and CWDT is for defense use

CWS has no limit lv1 CWS and u can use lv20 molten shell

Mulla what is the best shoot gun skill to use with trigger gem// :) and does the other pvp has shav chest with PA?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info