[1.3] Elemental non-crit archer - CHEAP - 10k(13.7k) Split Arrow, 20k+ Elemental Hit

Class: Shadow
League: Bloodlines (HC)
Level of my character: 92 - AdvanceFromUkraine
Keystones: Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics
Main Skill: Split Arrow - 10k tooltip DPS in 5L | 13.8k tooltip DPS in 6L but REAL dps is higher.

Secondary Skill: Elemental Hit - 20k+ DPS in 4L
Chance to shock: 15% base + 14% curse (and 5-10% from critical strikes, depends on gear)
Life From Tree at the final build: 201%

Pluses: Cheap, good AoE damage, good for party play, 2-3 curses with curse on hit.

Minuses: Low dps at the tooltip, bad single target dps, can't greatly boost damage with expensive gear.

Actually tooltip dps at this build is pretty low, but real dps is not so bad. I decide to make non-critical biuld cause at this league critical multiplier gem was nerfed and I tried to check how its to play archer without critical strikes. So I created cheap build (<10 ex i think) with average DPS, not bad survivability (for archer) and common gear, that can find anyone.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

VIDEO:

http://youtu.be/A33CTntTCZY
____________________________________________________________________________________________

GEAR:

Belt: Leather belt with Life, WED, and good resistance
Rings: Best ring should have WED, flat elemental dmg, a lot of resistance and life
Amulet: +1 curse, and maybe life or flat ele dmg.
Quiver: Spike-Point Quiver with attack speed, WED, flat elemental dmg, life and crit chance is also good cause it gives additional chance to shock.
Boots: Blooddance is my choice. I decide to play without life leech, cause I need more damage, so I need some life regen for comfortable play with BM. So 3%(4%) life regen per second from Blooddance is good for me, also +50 dex. I need high dex for lioneye.
Helmet: Alpha's Howl. The best helm should be with RRBB for Anger Wrath Purity of Lightning and RM. I am unlucky and got only RRRB so I put herald of Ash there temporary...
Armor: Only Lightning Coil. Yea I know its nerfed to 30% but its still very good for Acrobatic builds. I have near 0 armor so I usually take 100% physical damage. With coil I take 70% phys + 30% lightning, but I have 80% lightning resistance thats why my total phys dmg taken is 70%+30%*(1 - 0.8)=76%. 24% reduction its good I think. Also coil gives flat lightning damage.

Corrupted 21 lvl auras:
It will be great if u can use 21 lvl wrath and anger. There is near 1k difference in dps with 20 and 21 gems. Heralds can be uncorrupted.

Lioneye's Bow:
Should be with perfect attack speed. Phys dps also gives some damage for my build but attack speed most important.

Curses:
I usually use Elemental Weakness + Conductivity, so I have good (30+%) chance to shock and nice damage. (if monster resistance is below zero, the damage scales multiplicatively. If I made -50% resistance on mob I'll hit it with 50% more damage) But at bosses I switch Conductivity for Enfeeble for more safe. As example Oak at the Dark Forest jumps on me for 15% of my maximum life.

Reflect:
I can't easily kill big packs of mobs with ele reflect but if I kill it carefully (not just nonstop right-click) its easy. I use Atziri Flask on this mobs for more leech and less damage reflected and anything is ok. The highest damage is Lightning damage and I have 80% resistance.

LINKS:

Split Arrow -> Chain -> Faster Attacks -> Weapon Elemental Damage -> Blood Magic -> Physical to Lightning (maybe there is something better, but this gem gives me most high dps from all another which I tested)

Split Arrow -> Faster Attacks -> Curse on Hit -> Elemental Weakness -> Conductivity (can be switched for enfeeble on bosses) -> Warlord's Mark (only if u have two 6L u can make 3rd curse and pick nodes for it, u need 5 nodes, so u can spend some life nodes for this. Warlord's mark gives Life Leech + endurance charges => more safe)

Elemental Hit -> Weapon Elemental Damage -> Faster Attacks -> Blood Magic

Reduced Mana -> Wrath -> Anger -> Purity of Lightning (at helmet)

Reduced Mana -> Herald of Ash (or Ice) -> Herald of Thunder -> Blink Arrow

Why I choose Herald of Ash? As I tested dps at the tooltip with herald of Ice is higher on ~300 then with Herald of Ash. But Herald of Ash gives me 150% overkill damage in AoE. And visually with Herald of Ash aoe damage is better, so I choose this gem. Also with q20 it gives 15% fire damage.

TREE:

Default:

With 6L for curse on hit:

Also at higher lvl u can pick more HP nodes.

BANDITS:

Normal: Oak (+HP)
Cruel: Kraytin
Merc: Kill all (my choice) or u can Help Kraytin for +1% hp regen or if u have 6L with curse warlord's mark u can help Oak and make +4% physical damage reduction

MAPS:

I do not advise you to go to maps with following mods:

- Elemental Reflect
- Blood Magic (u need auras)
- No mana or life regeneration (cause blood magic)

This elemental build haven't good dps to single target. So its a little hard to farm bosses like at crematorium. But I've killed double piety at the Shrine without problems.

This build is not so good as my last build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1094705

but its much cheaper and more safe. Enjoy ;)

Last edited by ad1ce on Jan 13, 2015, 7:45:39 AM
Nice build. Looks like a lot of fun. I will give it a try.
Another nice build from you. Я там тебе еще в личку написал
nice video .awesome music and gameplay,made me think to respec to this build.
my doubts are is it atzri viable?
hope to see more boss videos and how u manage to kill without relying on leech . ur build is so unique in this patch .gl mate

Last edited by gokulnath on Apr 5, 2015, 3:50:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info