[1.3]PewPewPews Witch Incinerate Guide [ TheoryCrafting // W I P ]

Oh Vaal Pact does more than fighting reflect. It also bypasses the 20% leech rate, which is very useful against heavy hitters. With a level 15 LL/WM, we get a total of 13.7% life leech. 40% of that is 5.48% life leeched of the damage we deal. Since the tree I am using has 170% life, it's more likely that even starters will have around 3000/4000 life. Meaning, they need to deal 14599 Dps to outleech the leechrate. With a lvl 16 incinerate, I got roughly a 2.5K tooltip damage. Due to the high cast speed, and LMP, we can multiply this with 12(since it's in max stage within a second), so that is already 30K dps. If we would hit them with just two of the three beams, we multiply the 2.5 with 8, which is 20K dps. And here, I did not even calculate the penetration. We leech enough back to fully heal ourselves within a second. And that is interesting.

Oh yes, I am well aware how awesome AA is. I love it, like I said, I did a complete build around it in the scion forums. You do not need to tell me that it's magnificent for incinerate. But it has it's downsides. The amount of points you need to sustain it. EB, the amount of mana regen nodes, etc. Usually I spend almost 20/30 points just to sustain Arctic Armour. It is a downside most new players will also encounter, and I want to find a way to play without Arctic Armour.

What you say about taking physical damage is also noteworthy. I plan to have a frost wall on a CwDT to counter that. Even if you Desync, FW is great for 'evading' damage. So even when you desync for a second or two, this setup should still be able to save you. Also. If you click directly on an enemy mob, you'll hit it even if you are desynced. So for spells like incinerate, it's not as a big of a deal.

Maybe you should open up to new idea's, and try making those work. If I wanted to make another AA/MoM/EB incinerator, I wouldn't have opened this topic. I would just added to my previous one. But I see potential here. There are more ways to get something to work. You'll only find new gems among the builds if you try things.

I mean honestly, people laughed when I said I wanted to put a Lightning Warp on my Cast when Damage Taken. And now, it has being used by loads of incinerators all over Wraeclast. Don't just shoot it down because you know there is another way.

Quick fight with turbo Vaal. I take 6 shots in a row. And my lig res isn't capped there. It's around 72 or something. Just to show you that there is a potential in what I am doing.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Hi,

I just made a 6L infernal Mantle and I have big trouble using it, the low mana is very difficult to avoid, I have a lot of crit nodes and I'm CI.
I thinking about making a new char and I wonder if your build will be good with a 6L infernal mantle or should I use your scion build? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/703843/page/3
"
Vaphobos wrote:
Hi,

I just made a 6L infernal Mantle and I have big trouble using it, the low mana is very difficult to avoid, I have a lot of crit nodes and I'm CI.
I thinking about making a new char and I wonder if your build will be good with a 6L infernal mantle or should I use your scion build? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/703843/page/3

Try picking up Righteous Decree in the Templar area if you're running MoM + Infernal Mantle and are having trouble avoiding the low mana condition.
@Vaphobos: Definitely Scion. This build won't be optimized for the Infernal Mantle(Even though I do plan to add support for it).
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Vaphobos, Incinerate has a 0% base crit chance, so it's really not worth trying to run it as crit. The improved crit chances on the Mantle does nothing: 0% increased by 100% is still 0%. CI also is a different build.

Given a 6L Infernal Mantle that you want to make optimum use of, yes, Pew's original incinerate build (which you can run as Scion or Witch) is a good choice, though if you have lots of crit nodes you will be refunding a lot of passives to get to that build. Someone did mention a CI incinerate build in this thread, but that was using a 6L Pledge of Hands and a different chest and as I said at the time, it's so different that it merits its own thread.

Speaking generally about the Infernal Mantle, yes, being low mana (< 35% of maximum) is bad, you will want to avoid that. Don't run too many auras/reservations. One Herald and one Purity for example might be okay with a high level reduced mana. Having very good regen is one way, mana leech is another - and probably better if you have Mind over Matter. I understand that technically the 0 mana that comes from Blood Magic keystone also does not count as low mana, but I'm not aware of any builds that exploit that.
Last edited by Norky on Jan 26, 2015, 7:19:28 AM
is there any update yet about this build. been enjoying it so far as my 1st league char. :)
at lvl 55 now. abit confused about spending pasives. should i get EB? already got Vaal Pact :) lovin it at incinerate 3rd damage stack

thankyou pewpewpew, for trying this build for us newbs
I can see eldritch battery being something picked up if you are trying to work with an infernal mantle (to avoid the increased spell damage on low mana) or cloak of defiance to pair with arctic armor. Vaal Pact seems to do a fantastic job of dealing with elemental reflect though.

If it helps, here is my passive tree at level 79...which is pretty much close to what Pew was trying out about a week ago, give or take. No use of Eldrich Battery or Mind over Matter. Been going with the Windscream boots and using 3 curses.

Level 69-71 maps have been going quite smoothly. Do NOT like Cemetery due to the boss freezing me. Shock and Horror takes some time as well.

Also, since this is a theorycrafting thing....I started playing with this gem combination yesterday, seems to be working extremely well spreading a high level enfeeble all over the place in a rather flashy way too: Cast when damage taken (1) - Firestorm (8) - Curse on hit (max) - Enfeeble (max)

Edit: Helps if my passive tree link works...
Edit #2: Yes I am using 3 curses: Warlord's Mark, Elemental Weakness, and Enfeeble
Last edited by Lightpaw on Feb 4, 2015, 2:18:23 PM
Yeah, I have noticed Pew has gone silent recently. Hopefully he will continue to update this. I have been doing extremely well with this build so far though. Level 69-71 maps have been a complete cakewalk (except the level 70 graveyard...HATE that one). Tried a few harder ones that dropped for me too such as Waste Pools, Maze, Cells, Dry Peninsulas. Have a residence map I have yet to try though.

My findings so far at level 83:

Passive Tree

Vaal Pact - Absolutely beautiful combined with life leech and warlords mark. Elemental reflect is not even noticed.

Being frozen - This sucks...especially when opening a box. Carry a flask to deal with this or have a unique that counters it entirely (Dream Fragments / Alpha's Howl)

Lightning Warp CWDT - Not a fan of this combination. It is fun, but potentially fatal in certain situations. (Yes, I am looking at you endless army of flicker-spiders in Jungle Valley)

Any map with no / half regen of course creates problems. Don't run clarity and bring mana pots. Mana leech is good here too.

Elemental resistant monsters / maps seem to take slightly longer, flammability or elemental weakness helps a lot!.

Here is my gear, and of course set up to be all self found...except for the shield...love that thing from Pew's scion incinerator build. Yes the lightning resist dex ring is junk. I am stuck with it till I pick up a 30 dex node in the tree.

Also Considering Gang's Momentum boots, and dropping enfeeble for another warlord's mark to help with anything that hits me first or bosses that end up being by themselves.

Update, and hoping to keep this thread and build alive:

Gang's Momentum - This is actually a very tiny damage increase over Windscream, but the loss of a curse in this 3 curse setup of mine has it's downsides too. Either would work just fine but neither outshines the other. (This increased damage on ignited enemies works better if the build did not already have so much increased damage effects in the tree). Less cold/lightning resist just forces other items to be slightly better. Not the goal of what this build is for.

Enfeeble curse - Going to switch this to Temporal Chains. Enemies move slower (and run away slower). And everything we do lasts longer on them, such as our other 2 curses. It also affects shock/ignite/chilled(frozen) duration, but since our ability to hit enemies rapidly, this won't matter for the most part. Enfeeble might still have its place though on maps that hit extremely hard, but if they swing slower, we have a larger window to leech ourselves to full.

Maps:

Temple Piety - Do NOT stand in the lightning storm when killing this map boss. The storm has a way of smiting you down after the boss dies, if not before. (All that nice instant leech does not work after the target has spilled its loot all over the ground)

Torture Chamber - Shock and Horror - Possible to out-leech laser with flask, watch out for lightning warp totems/storm, this stacks up VERY fast. Try to kill the adds before engaging the boss if you can.

Residence - Pew said this best: Domi used smash...it is super effective.
Maze - Vaal used smash...it is super effective. =^.^=

Corrupted Map Fragments (individually) - Have not encountered any problems here, watch for less mana regen mod. (25% less regen was not noticed thanks to warlord's mark)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info