[1.3] [SC] Lagertha Shieldmaiden | Aegis Aurora Tank | 75/60 block | 30k DPS | *Videos*

This build was tested only on Standard league with legacy items, I don't know how it would work on other leagues!

- be very tanky
- ability to quick escape when needed
- play using one hand
- kill every boss
- clear every map

This build is playable as Ranger and Marauder. Differences are small, so choose what you want.

+ decent tank DPS
+ very good survivability
+ very easy to play
+ 75% block, 60% spell block
+ Atziri is easy
+ can do any map mod
+ high ES without ES gear

- expensive
- uses legacy gear
- chaos damage is sometimes a problem

Gear
My gear

Provides 600-750 Energy Shield (legacy) per block what makes us invulnerable against most of mobs.

Required to reach high block, must have 15% block.

We have 75% block from tree and BoR, so corrupted 4% spell block is only useful mod.

Try to get with highest spell block.

Useful against some bosses.

On other items you just need high HP, ES and resists. Int/Dex is also useful, because you can save some points in skill tree. Mana leech can boost your DPS (need 1% for mirrored sword or 2% for normal sword).

This build also works with Soul Taker.

Gems
BoR:

or (if you have mirrored sword and 1% mana leech on gear or normal sword and 2% mana leech)

4L:

3L:

3L:

2L:

2L (I use sometimes Blood Magic here and don't want to cast curse manually, that's why it's separated):

This is my default setup which works best for me. Feel free to try other gems.

95 level
DPS (Hatred + Frenzy charges): 33 845
DPS (Frenzy charges): 26 817

Life: 6 484
Life regen: 428
Energy Shield: 1 241
Energy Shield (Discipline): 1 768

Armour: 17 079
Physical damage reduction: 62% (can reach 84% on higher level with 6 endurance charges)

Fire res: 76%
Cold res: 80%
Lightning res: 75%
Chaos res: -18%

Chance to block: 75%
Chance to block spells: 60%

Movement speed: 20%

Ranger
Marauder

Normal - help Oak
Cruel - kill all
Mercilles - help Oak

If you have any questions whisp me in game or just post here.

My IGN: Mjelonka
Last edited by O2lsie on May 12, 2015, 11:00:28 AM
Lagggg-errrrrrrr-ta ?! great name ^^
Looks solid, but that stuff requirement, ouch!
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Looks solid, but that stuff requirement, ouch!

Like other Aegis tanks :) I'm really satisfied with this build, I hit 93 level and did some stress tests:

Crematorium boss: -23% max, 30% boss damage and 25% attack speed - wasn't super easy but killed without deaths

Palace boss #1: I didn't have any problems with Dominus but exploding minions were very dangerous (-17% max and 95% extra light). I died twice because of my fault - I was fightning near their spawn.

Palace boss #2: 4 additional projectiles - I wanted to try tank without flasks... Didn't work and died once :D

Palace boss #3: dual boss, 30% boss damage and 25% attack speed - now I knew to don't fight near exploding minions spawn and easily killed bosses. Can tank Touch of God, however with harder mods it's one hit to die, so I was avoiding it.

The Apex of Sacrifice: I was avoiding Vaal Smash, everything else facetanked. For Atziri I used Saffel's Frame.

I'm almost like legendary Gellig Mortezzah's Aegis Tank :D Just less life and Chaos res.
slap in a mirrored sword and jumbled up tree u can outright start slapping any that stands in ur way
im sorry i have nothing against ur creation however something that requires some legacy and mirrored item and doing only 40k ish dps is quite questionable.
This is a build entirely focused on defense. If you look at Gellig's build which is similar in concept, he's doing 30k with a mirrored sword (link to his build).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 11, 2015, 4:54:21 AM
"
Hectrix wrote:
slap in a mirrored sword and jumbled up tree u can outright start slapping any that stands in ur way
im sorry i have nothing against ur creation however something that requires some legacy and mirrored item and doing only 40k ish dps is quite questionable.

Well, that's the way tanks work. Mirrored sword isn't must have, I was using non legacy Soul Taker before and had 20k DPS. Without mirrored sword it's about 30-35 ex to get all pieces of gear for now. If you want cheaper tank + DPS check my second build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/983542
Love the build name, love the picture!

Season 3 hype!
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info