[ 1.3 ] Burning Arrow Ignite Prolife Trapper - fast clear - boss killer - hardcore - very cheap

"
cmphx wrote:
I'm really hyped and trying to level this in torment now. Some more questions:

Could searing bond help killing very high HP enemies?

Do you think you can do atziri with this? her split phase can be ignited, and you can place your curse into a trap so it wont get reflected back. is the single explosion doing enough damage to her in her normal phase?

what i love most about your build is the incredible easy gearing part; one can use armor/evasion mixed armor like you do to get the correct colors on the sockets easily. And you do not need accuracy, crit chance, attackspeed or any other stuff on your gear. All you need is life, resist, evasion and flat fire damage and some wed/trap % damage. This makes this build very budget and beginner-friendly also (even though you need some gems because shadows dont get everything as a quest reward).

explosive arrow with quality essentially would do the same thing. do you think this can outdamage a lvl 20 EA with a +2+1 bow?

i'll probably drop herald of ash for grace. Just curious, how much damage does herald of ash add for you?

Searing bond totem will not help you because only 1 ignite can exist at the same time and your burning arrow ignite should be way stronger than the ignite from the totem.

I am an atziri noob. I never even tried her on standard. I am just mapping and dont want to loose a hardcore character to her (but I do try stuff like poorjoys asylum and die to that -.-). I will kill atziri sometime in the future but now im not really interested in her.
So I cant say if that build is viable for killing her. But obviously the initial hit deals some decent damage but has a cooldown from trap.

Yeah its very easy to gear up, did it on my first character in bloodlines. The only thing you really need is a Chin Sol the rest I descripted in OPTIONAL GEAR.

I played an explosive arrow build more than once before. And I can say this build is much stronger, faster, safer and userfriendly. I didnt had a level 23 Eplosive arrow, so I cant say on the fly what does more damage.

Edit:
I think you would need to drop herald of ash and clarity to run grace and have some mana left. Or just anger but anger gives you the most damage. As I was saying before I think clarity isnt even needed for this build because I can easiely run half regen maps.

Herald of ash (20 % quality) gives me 11,6 % more damage atm.
Anger gives me 26,2 % more damage atm.
Last edited by rambo50 on Jan 9, 2015, 9:59:40 AM
Added:

Gems you wont get from quests by leveling as shadow

to the leveling section
Last edited by rambo50 on Jan 9, 2015, 10:19:22 AM
Uploaded 2 short Viedeos (level 74 map Zana daily)
thanks for uploading the videos. your clearspeed is very impressive !

The list of advantages of your build is really long :D another great thing is your tree gives a lot of + to all attributes , which again makes gearing so easy ! and this is the first time i actually see a reason why armor/evasion mix items are in the game, usually i dont really care about them, but for you they are so important because you need alot of red sockets.

Most caster builds and Explosive arrow all need a very high level gem to be fully effective, which is not the case here, another thing i really like.

some more ideas :

Would you agree a fire doryani belt is BiS for your build?
Do you think some "Mana gain on Kill" on gear could help with dropping clarity? In theory it should work out nicely, after detonating your trap you run to the next pack while the old one dies, giving you alot of mana to recast the trap.

It would be alot more expensive, but do you think going CI with this could work? you wouldnt have to change the tree that much:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2y70HYxa_5oEfQQMeBiMRL-tjmZq1SL46EHvbGud0bWzWin8rMHxRR42_BbXo1qTCFHVW-nfXHNwtR1BCLL_BxX_GVmMV14aubRki9GwLDY2nKzW5EVA9X1JTl_RfKuvkBAdMs5eVdFUulJeFNPchsPFsrJjsVSqNSRs22I9Gm6H316-NHRRxhcAaZp760kbXsULauYx2tzHDbVxrhEjsOJ48gpvtIFfid-XvfDwFmjt82fcycqmsqlnzUzEyGLMDcFHb57TFwux-sHZv2FRfahsl2VuApFXWZOcXL1cp

you could actually make use of this crazy quiver Soul strike letting your ES recharge after only 2 seconds.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
thanks for uploading the videos. your clearspeed is very impressive !

The list of advantages of your build is really long :D another great thing is your tree gives a lot of + to all attributes , which again makes gearing so easy ! and this is the first time i actually see a reason why armor/evasion mix items are in the game, usually i dont really care about them, but for you they are so important because you need alot of red sockets.

Most caster builds and Explosive arrow all need a very high level gem to be fully effective, which is not the case here, another thing i really like.

some more ideas :

Would you agree a fire doryani belt is BiS for your build?
Do you think some "Mana gain on Kill" on gear could help with dropping clarity? In theory it should work out nicely, after detonating your trap you run to the next pack while the old one dies, giving you alot of mana to recast the trap.

It would be alot more expensive, but do you think going CI with this could work? you wouldnt have to change the tree that much:

Edit:
ttps://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2y70HYxa_5oEfQQMeBiMRL-tjmZq1SL46EHvbGud0bWzWin8rMHxRR42_BbXo1qTCFHVW-nfXHNwtR1BCLL_BxX_GVmMV14aubRki9GwLDY2nKzW5EVA9X1JTl_RfKuvkBAdMs5eVdFUulJeFNPchsPFsrJjsVSqNSRs22I9Gm6H316-NHRRxhcAaZp760kbXsULauYx2tzHDbVxrhEjsOJ48gpvtIFfid-XvfDwFmjt82fcycqmsqlnzUzEyGLMDcFHb57TFwux-sHZv2FRfahsl2VuApFXWZOcXL1cp

you could actually make use of this crazy quiver Soul strike letting your ES recharge after only 2 seconds.

Can you please tell me what BiS means ? Sorry english isnt my native language. The leech on the belt is useless because it would affect the trap not yourself. The other stats on the belt are nice but it is lacking in life. So I wouldnt use it in a hardcore league but for softcore its fine.

Sure mana gain on kill is good and you could drop clarity for that. But really this build doesnt need much mana. So mostlikely you dont even need that.

I think CI is actually pretty strong if you have the gear for it and I think it could work with build. The one problem is you need so much skill points for your main build already that you cant get as much ES nodes as you would get with other CI builds. But thanks for the idea.

I made a slighty diffrent build than yours, dropped some unnecessary nodes and got a little more ES:

Edit: I improved the build even further:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2pLHljp1jXfK29w5IKwoRlhEvBx6VLvDVSVGP-uwY0NDBxUcGLL-IQtvnhq4d2YIecFG0xRXXQ1QUsMHzdm-zA8LsVmP0cUwtlSB-sDIYBbURDy0f2FRTMY2_rJgdT1FH99fxbDW5MHyESJuhNtghsBFQpyt_K1xr4vePRkkbNPdtGXfX1orDbQFvHRQqjZeF2VuX9Fb6i3r60q-N7FUulBslUlMUdWaeS649X6TCwBrpAnGFWfO3MXrm8xGsqox2Y_2xQnKpnjxG1_cy7Dh82YKbmjs8Be98
Last edited by rambo50 on Jan 9, 2015, 4:51:43 PM
Uploaded another Viedeo:

Jungle Valley Map with Boss kill (that should really show clearspeed)

Edit: added another very short viedeo
Last edited by rambo50 on Jan 9, 2015, 5:18:35 PM
"
rambo50 wrote:

Can you please tell me what BiS means ? Sorry english isnt my native language. The leech on the belt is useless because it would affect the trap not yourself. The other stats on the belt are nice but it is lacking in life. So I wouldnt use it in a hardcore league but for softcore its fine.

Sure mana gain on kill is good and you could drop clarity for that. But really this build doesnt need much mana. So mostlikely you dont even need that.

I think CI is actually pretty strong if you have the gear for it and I think it could work with build. The one problem is you need so much skill points for your main build already that you cant get as much ES nodes as you would get with other CI builds. But thanks for the idea.

I made a slighty diffrent build than yours, dropped some unnecessary nodes and got a little more ES:

Edit: I improved the build even further:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2pLHljp1jXfK29w5IKwoRlhEvBx6VLvDVSVGP-uwY0NDBxUcGLL-IQtvnhq4d2YIecFG0xRXXQ1QUsMHzdm-zA8LsVmP0cUwtlSB-sDIYBbURDy0f2FRTMY2_rJgdT1FH99fxbDW5MHyESJuhNtghsBFQpyt_K1xr4vePRkkbNPdtGXfX1orDbQFvHRQqjZeF2VuX9Fb6i3r60q-N7FUulBslUlMUdWaeS649X6TCwBrpAnGFWfO3MXrm8xGsqox2Y_2xQnKpnjxG1_cy7Dh82YKbmjs8Be98

Oh sorry thats a common abbreviation here, i also had to learn it. BiS means "best in slot", i.e. the best item you can get for you build in that slot.
i agree that you will lose quite some life, which is not wanted for a hardcore league.

Some comments on getting CI:
I was using some mana nodes in the tree because they are on the way to something good. Remind that you cannot use blood magic gem on your curse, so you will have a greater mana drain than with a life based build. plus, you probably want to run either grace or discipline, or both, to get some ES and defenses because youve lost all the dodge/spelldodge. Therefore some reduced mana nodes can help too. Anyways, most of your mana will be reserved, leaving less mana for casting stuff, so increasing your mana pool a bit could really help.

When you use the unique quiver soul strike, you could drop essence surge, because it wont add more defense.
I have no experience in being CI and how much ES nodes you actually need. i orientated around OMG's build (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/991083), he uses a doryani belt and 2 weapons (so no ES shield) and has no ES on his amulet, and still reaches 7500ES with his gear (which is good, but not GG mirror gear), without taking too much ES nodes. i guess getting the right colors on pure ES gear will be a mess.

OT : oh and btw, where are you from?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Jan 9, 2015, 6:29:05 PM
Yeah forgot about bloodmagic with CI. But you could just link flammability with reduced mana and it shouldnt be a problem, but some mana regen could help (you can also get it on gear).

I did a CI build in 1.2 and had 11k ES. I used Arc, stacked alot of crit and crit multiplier(55% crit chance). It was really strong. I had 330 % increased ES from the tree.

I am 23 years old and from germany.
Last edited by rambo50 on Jan 9, 2015, 7:04:51 PM
I added another short viedeo showing Dominus Boss fight in Palace Map.
added a few sentences to the leveling section

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info