[1.3] Terror's Mjolner CoC and Soon™ Scold's Cyclone Build •• Fakener and Rainbownuke are SOOO 2014

Welcome to my guide for whatever you want to call a Mjolner CoC Build.

This isn't as much of a guide as it is a dumping of a build that works. After messing around with Mjolnir on my "Shatter Chuck Lite" build, I decided to reroll my level 90 Scion with my free respec into a build more worthy and capable of wielding it. Overall, SCL is probably better, but the build is pretty fun.

The build uses Mjolner for on Hit Procs, Cast on Crit for Crit Procs, Soul Taker for Infinite Mana, and finally Voll's Protector and Devotion for Discharge Damage. We proc Arctic Breath and Fireball with Cast on Crit because they do a butt-ton of damage and also bounce once thanks to Mjolner. We use Cyclone because it hits fast with both weapons in a decent AoE and provides stun immunity and movement (dodging). In another revision down the road, this build will also use Scold's Bridle.

This build is not cheap. The build isn't as efficient as you can get it either. In fact, it's not really even as amazingly steamrolly god-tier as you'd think ~90 ex should be, as ironic as that is. It's still really good though. It's mostly just here for anyone with some respecs and currency lying around. I did this because its fun to catch my computer on fire, and because, well, I wanted to see if it could be done effectively. Fakener and Rainbownuke are honestly, probably better builds. I have nothing against Mathil or Tom, just having some fun.

Enjoy!

Gameplay Videos

Gear Summary
>>>

Gem Summary
>>>

Head
  • Reduced ManaPurity of FirePurity of IcePurity of Lightning

Chest
  • CycloneCast on CritGMPArctic BreathFireballLife Leech

Weapon (Mjolnir
  • Life LeechArc (first)Discharge (second)

Weapon (Soul Taker)
  • Flicker StrikeLeap SlamFaster Attacks

Gloves
  • Cast When Damage TakenEnfeebleIncreased DurationImmortal Call

Boots
  • Reduced ManaHerald of ThunderCurse on HitAssassin's Mark

Passive Tree / Bandits
>>>

Bandits:
  • Normal: Oak or Kill
  • Cruel: Kill
  • Merc: Alira

My Level 90
Last edited by Terrornoid on Jan 9, 2015, 3:20:42 AM
Updated with a few videos. Easy stuff (~74 Rares) until I can roll my high map pool back up.
i cant see any build saying what to do with the bandis please help. kill or not to kill and who
what's your critchance? like 35?
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
^LOL. If you're using soul taker shouldn't you just max your cyclone?

This build seems excessively expensive. Mjolnir imo is not meant for a CoC build. It just seems like you tacked it on. An insult to the weapon!

You might as well just stick with the CoC Discharge archetype with a dagger.
No synergy between items. No offense but this build just doesnt work as it's now. Cool idea but need some more work.

Regards,
BTK
IGN: BornToKill_PewPew

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info