[1.3 Torment] Life-based Mjölner [Atziri Down]

Decided to post up since there's no Life-Based 1.3 Mjölner builds out there.

NEW AND IMPROVED WITCH VARIATION

Life-Based Witch Variation
Much higher damage version

This variation of the build comes fairly close to the damage output from Thors Rainbownuke even without a Volls Devotion and I'm incredibly impressed with how much more of an improvement it is to the Scion version.

IGN MjolnerIsDaRealMVP if you have questions
Bandits Oak, Kraityn, Alira
Auras Haste, Purity of Lightning, Herald of Thunder
Haste swapped for Grace on Trio in Apex of Sacrifice sometimes If I can be bothered, can also run Tempest Shield in place of Herald of Thunder for more Block/Spell block. I quite like Herald for Maps for breaking open boxes etc.

Since I can't upload a video of playing it, can say that I've tested on Dominus and Phase 2 he dies in within a few milliseconds of 2 seconds, where as the Scion variation took anywhere from 4.5-6 seconds. (Both builds where using Vaal haste during the tests)

DPS Calculated using the forumla and scenarios used in Thors Rainbownuke build.
(Calculations assume targets Shocked, 75 percent more damage due to Passive tree)

We use Molten Strike for Single Target (Bosses, Rares etc) and Lightning Strike for AoE DPS (Packs of mobs, general map clearing)

Single-Target-DPS

Molten Strike No Vaal Haste - 255,559.5
Molten Strike Vaal Haste - 284,886

Slightly harder to calculate it due to the variation in targets, this AoE DPS is assuming the perfect Scenario and all 7 projectiles from Lightning Strike chain.
AoE-DPS

Lightning Strike No Vaal Haste - 1,192,611
Lightning Strike Vaal Haste - 1,329,468

Tree still has left over points for your leisure to put where you will
Tree
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEESrj6ZVriycEFh2EeTsMjQfAgQHg9tVxhEtfIPN-riTMtFFR8Bmn9_vfDwFmjuCmwSzogDsOCcvkFUaOMAacYXMt9V1sULauUbXWfOsqnKp9zJ82cT2PC3Grrc-_grYvTWStfKpbmxGcmwyCSo4eA2-igHchNlHfr02ZU2-p7Cr9Obd4185my2t8Rhd5FFnm64-d-M6WKyYEQ-NGX6v4BLZX92M215QR-8OUDApT4V96hh2rM9-WK826EZpxBWtjdlhhVKbaotP

Atziri's Foible and Devoto's Devotion are required unless you want to get more Dexterity/Strength/Intellect nodes (quite a few are required).
Gear

The build has close to triple the Discharge damage of the Scion version and a substantial more Arc damage also. Damage and Health has since increased since screenshots due to gems leveling and more passive points, but still gives you a general idea.
Stats
Attacks Per Second Currently 6.1, without max level Discharge
Discharge
http://imgur.com/BHkuHix

Arc
http://i.imgur.com/iU20XmD.png

Defense
http://i.imgur.com/eORQceo.png

Enjoy :)) any feedback or corrections is appreciated!

Scion

Licensed Atziri killer with no deaths through the instance, fairly comfortable clear. Done at level 85 with 4800 hp and using CWDT Enduring Cry, Immortal call on all three bosses.

Auras used when mapping and Apex of Sacrifice are Haste, Herald of Thunder, Purity of Lightning. For Trio however I run Grace for more evasion.

Bandits - Oak(+40 Max Life), Kraityn(+8% Attack Speed), Alira(+1 Power Charge)

Tree isn't completely finished nor have I decided where I want to go from that point. Maybe down to Lightning Walker for more Lightning Damage or up towards Heart of Thunder.
Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA-ehBh7c-2L3-CjWSqW618jIJcmxsRnzZ9zJyqcT2PC3GroTZAdy-ingNPO9o8q9sTP8YXcBmSshuqjsoA5ZuPWBDgwnkUWebrj534yo47w5QR6cI8B-iAASz4XPtIIKb7DiQVScvGjjMt3GFwBrVdbFC5CIpTxpsna426SSqFm8IZ5M6vScYPMS41fhHfr02ZU2-p7Cr9Obd4185my3VpuNq5Ysb8X7H2CQ2xR8CBAeD21XGTLNQMNteMjTauUbX5Ox2EREPfq-NGeAS2V_djP6PTeOmVzGehX2f3-98

Not even a 5l is required, although if you don't want to gem swap Molten Strike and Lightning strike you will have to sacrifice another 4l. Molten Strike wins hands down for bosses, or a few targets due to the way it works, but for clearing large packs the amount of procs Lighting Strike provides is incredible, for all Atziri bosses I use Molten Strike except for the last boss on Trio to help clear the adds.
Gear

Must have items, aka build won't work without them. (Saffells Shield is also highly recommended but not required.
Requirment

More more in depth information about the way Mjolner works check out Thors Rainbownuke guide - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/917173

PM me in game if you have any question, IGN is MewMewMjolner
Last edited by Perrydtf on Jan 21, 2015, 3:29:40 AM
Do you think this build is HC viable? I would love to try this out in Bloodlines.
I'd say once you have the adequate gear it is HC viable (Will not work obv without mjolner, romiras and the neck as I haven't gotten enough int/strength nodes to be able to use any other neck). Can honestly say the only times I die are to bad play (aka being reckless). You could easily get more health then what I have currently, the belly was a huge survival boost (like 500 or more hp).
Last edited by Perrydtf on Jan 9, 2015, 10:50:12 PM
Just fixed tree up, link broke for some reason.
Good to hear! Once I have collected enough currency for all the items I will give it a try. Ill probably change the tree a bit to get more health. I really like this MJölner build because it does not require 100 ex to gear. Is it possible for you to record a video clip of you mapping whit this build? Id love to see it in action.
Last edited by Viinakannu on Jan 10, 2015, 6:41:25 AM
I don't have the internet unfortunately to since I only have a 16gig cap (living in the middle of nowhere is terrible). I could arrange to map with you if you have a torment character but a video isn't really viable for me I'm afraid.

The clear speeds ridiculous, and I've spoken to Funsy who created the low-life vaal pact version of Thors Rainbownuke guide (the rainbownuke guide links to his build). And we both came to the conclusion that this is either higher damage, (assuming you use volls devotion which I do not) or close to the same due to the higher attack speed with this version, with the only major benefit being more survivability with the low life shavs/solaris lorica.

I'm sitting at 4879 or something HP at the moment and can run pretty much any map mod. (Except minus max res WITH 18 ele reflect, that will just 1 shot you). I can run both those mods seperate to each-other comfortably though. Being HC though its better to be safe then sorry of course so more HP won't hurt but you will probably have to fiddle with the strength/int nodes as with what my current gear is plus the tree I barely wear mjolnner.

Last edited by Perrydtf on Jan 10, 2015, 8:12:34 AM
I have now all the items for the build and I changed the tree to be more hardcore viable.

Tree --> http://poeurl.com/zbe7uYU

I planning to use Lioneye's Remorse instead of Saffels, because I am more scared about physical damage.
I am pretty sure I'm not losing too much damage with cutting the top part off. If you have any better ideas for the tree, please let me know. I will be starting the build in the upcoming days.
Just started the build in torment after spending 87 regrets and selling most of my kinetic blaster, bought the required gear and started playing
Reallu happy with the way things look, have some questions though.

Is the gear u posted just for atziri or are u wearing it all the time? Saffel seems a litle scetchy with such a small spell block % .It would seem only natural to take some block nodes in the skill tree to get better usage of it

Also which gems should i prioritise on qualiting? And why are u leveling molten strike and lightning strike since they are ur trigger gems? It seems a misuse of mana as tbeir mana cost goes up unecessary

Finally, how could I transform the build into using coil instead of belly, use anvil or stone of lashwar and maybe rathpith globe to have some more block chance and be a little bit safer? I'd like to transform the tree a bit but haven't got the experience to do it all on my own :)

A pretty good build overall pretty happy to have made it after all ( risked a lot of things by selling my 6l volls my rats nest, maligaro's and spending a ton of regrets but thankfully it worked out!)

I'll try to reach u in game to get a good deep look at ur thoughts and experience on how to manipulate the mighty mjolner!
@TsopKratos

Yes I'm wearing Saffel all the time it is the go to shield for atziri because of the increase to max resists, if you want to opt for more spell block but I prefer to mitigate damage then to rely on rng to block it, Viin posted a variation thats quite nice with some spell block if you want, but I havent had any issues running atziri with it since all it takes is proper flask usage.

Gem Priority for me personally is Arc since quality increases chance to Shock, then for quality of life probably Discharge, but faster attacks is probably going to give your more DPS.

I leveled them since I couldn't oom myself even if I tried (I've sat in my hideout holding down my attacks and I out-regen it). So would be a waste not leveling them imo.

You couldn't change the neck I've listed without having to fully revamp the tree since you barely scrape in enough strength and int with the neck. You could use coil if you wish its personal preference I just liked the extra hp, you could grab it and get more hp nodes or just yolo it with like 500 less hp.

Rathpith for me and most others ive spoken to who do mjolner builds, it is the more of a map shield for more damage, if you want to do atziri saffels is your go to shield. Mapping though Rathpith would be amazing for the spell damage etc.

Glad it worked out for you, I've since moved on from the build since I ruined my scion with using 100 regrets trying to make the low-life version work but it was just clunkier, less efficient and just all around terrible compared to the life version to me. But I'm still happy to answer questions etc so just add me in game, Ill most likely be on my windripped toon legolaSquickScoPemlg.
Could u posty a link tot his Viin guide u said? Sadly Icannot find it anywhere!

Ty for ur thorough reply!

I made some changes and grabbed the closest block nodes, a rumi's concortion and a rathpith, have max block chance with rumi's. Life got a bit down, 4000 or something, but still pretty good. Had to add a doryani's invitation to get the 1% lightning leech

Since I went that way I though why not go all the way? So I dropped Foible for stone of Lashwar, Got some intelligence nodes plus meginord's vise to help with strength requirements.

The build seems a bit tankier now than before. Plus i get to test the awesome counterattack gems!
Im playing ALL THREE OF THEM!

I'll try to find u ingame!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info