so....lvl 40 duelers?

I understand that GGG setup a lvl 28 bracket with Qs and all, but for those like me who joined this game to relive the glory days of d2 pvp. Its all about the FFA Sarn Arena. Which leads me to create a lvl 40 duelist for Sarn arena only.

I fondly remember spending endless hours outside act 1 town in d2. Hours and hours of FFA pvp. The occasional 1v1 duels are remembered as well. But what brings me the most fun is the FFA zone; knowing that at any time the whole arena could turn against you, or turn to help you, Or all clash mindlessly in a chaotic mob tearing each other to pieces!

That is the pvp I remember, and the pvp I want! The easiest way to get into pvp in a game like this, is the embrace the low lvl scene. Where a full built char costs what a single endgame item could cost.

However I have no interest in the cramped dungeons that Qed 1v1 open dueling takes you to. Therefore, lvl 40 was the obvious choice. What confuses me, is the massive lack of other players doing the same thing. Why has everybody blindly enbraced the lvl 28 bracket as the sole source of LLD?

I would expect to see what I saw in d2, then in WoW. Every single possible bracket filled with some sort of cult like following. In d2, ppl started LLD as soon as lvl 15. They made games for 15-25, 25-35, 30-40, all the way up till about 50-60, then it was all endgame mashed into one group. But we still had every bracket with some sort of following and always games up during prime time to represent them. Same in WoW, 19s, 29s, 39s, with more recent patches lvl 14s, 24s, 34s added to the mix. ALL with groups of twinks or low lvl duelers to fill their brackets.

So why do I only see 2 brackets here in POE? 28 and 70+...

It feels....wrong. I would expect with the current pvp setup to see; the lvl 28 bracket full, the lvl 40 bracket full, the lvl 60 bracket full, and of course endgame filled with the masses.

TLDR;

So why do all you low level duelers restrict yourselves to lvl 28 only? Im enjoying being a god among children in the lvl 40 normal Sarn arena, but eventually I will get bored w/o any true competition.

Wont you guys join me? I promise the extra 18 skill points available and lvl 31 required skill gems will really open up your build options, and give you more ways to have fun at low lvls.

-A veteran of the true original low level duelers.
Our guild Gladiators has some guys with level 40 duelers too.

Level 28 was the bracket set by GGG, officially supported by tournaments and such.

Anything under 31 though should be the level limit for LLD, as a level 80 has access to nearly everything (barring uniques and better items) that a level 40 has.

Level 28 has more limitations that allows it to have a different meta compared to HLD.

And yes I had a level 40 myself. It was fun for awhile but then it got boring.

Also if we have too much brackets, we risk dividing the already small player pool into even tinier communities per level bracket.
Last edited by A222 on Jan 6, 2015, 11:30:59 PM
I always wanted level 40 pvp, even way before the PvP scene took off. I thought it provided the correct balance between build varieties and balance without it being affected by nor affecting the real endgame.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
I always wanted level 40 pvp, even way before the PvP scene took off. I thought it provided the correct balance between build varieties and balance without it being affected by nor affecting the real endgame.

It may sound like it, but then you realize since you have access to all gems, 57-60 points, and way better gear, it then becomes HLD with toned down everything, instead of the LLD we have now where meta is different.
"
A222 wrote:

It may sound like it, but then you realize since you have access to all gems, 57-60 points, and way better gear, it then becomes HLD with toned down everything, instead of the LLD we have now where meta is different.

I thought that was the goal, to have the experience in variety that high level has, but w/o the extended level grind, and with much much cheaper items. Allowing more people to pvp and to have more variety of characters with much less effort.

The fact that lvl 28 cant use all builds, is the reason I would expect to see a sizable community at 40.

I wanted to play totems really bad, but I cant do that at 28. And leveling frost totems to lvl 80+ sounds miserable.
Spoiler
"
Hawkwing420 wrote:
"
A222 wrote:

I thought that was the goal, to have the experience in variety that high level has, but w/o the extended level grind, and with much much cheaper items. Allowing more people to pvp and to have more variety of characters with much less effort.

The fact that lvl 28 cant use all builds, is the reason I would expect to see a sizable community at 40.

I wanted to play totems really bad, but I cant do that at 28. And leveling frost totems to lvl 80+ sounds miserable.

Isn't the goal of LLD to provide a different experience than HLD? Why LLD if it just turns out to be a baby version of HLD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info