[1.3][Torment] Life Based Bino's Crit ST 38K+ LMP Atziri capable

This build began as a crit Elemental Buzzsaw Ranger similar to the one Mathil uses until after hitting level 80, a Bino's dropped. Upon equipping it i found my damage went up despite not having any points for physical damage and knew that i had to re-roll a new character to take advantage of a drop that no one could really afford at this point. Fast forward two weeks and I have made my strongest and highest level character, and my first to successfully clear Atziri with.

The Final Build 112 points
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2Ba_YeImlVVLpn_tQbGztUjIFPVvaoxwUioL8-pw1YnTXfIOSBGWmhNwVpAb29T2_I6Kl9Dbblb12HZHBn3jLOGsZrk-jDYfQac0Y0Py4W1sbIydqjY9Ax5irOjW53Q6Qkt43agwcdQjBbUFfen-LVXQCWXxu3whAyLq1op_KzB8UUeNv__eJP3nVE2SI_aNfYMJb57KSsM6m7V3B4cTnKRKyD8nKk19W6xHUUzYvTWStfJuqv4KTeP-j6ZXOuHEopcGLYMZiklR8NWVLgce8kXAdhSOFz7A40tX8bM=

My Gear [Torment]
Spoiler

Notes:
-A high crit Bino's is very nice because it allows us to get away with only 4 power charges
-Faster Projectiles in my shield is for swap on Atziri only
-I got really lucky with the colors on my boots. Most will likely find a good armor based rare(pure Armor, Ar/EV or AR/ES) to be easier to color for one of the 4-links that I use(spec out of Ondar's Guile until you can use Atziri's Step. This is also why I am using an AR/ES pair of gloves)

Currently level 87 stats are as follows:
DPS /w auras: 27K
DPS /w 4 power charges: 33K
DPS /w atziri flask 39K
Taste of Hate Aquired: 45K DPS

Resists capped @75 each
29% evasion (58% ranged)
4200 Life

Screenshots
Spoiler

Damage With Auras Only

Damage with 4 Power Charges

Damage with Atziri Flask

Defense Tab

Bandits
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn (Can also chose Oak here, seems unnecessary with most mobs getting 1 shot anyway)
Merciless: skill point (with my current tree and 4 power charges i sit at 92.5% crit chance, so Alira is not at all necessary)

GEM Setup
Chest - ST, LMP, Physical Projectile Damage, Crit Damage, Added Fire, Faster Attacks. Use either faster projectiles or a quality added accuracy for single target swap with LMP.
4L - HoT, Reduced Mana, CoH, Assasin's Mark
4L - Molten Strike, Multistrike, Melee phys, Crit Damage. You can subtitute faster attacks fro melee phys if you have difficulty getting proper colors but your overkill burns wont be as effective.
4L - CWDT, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, Increased Duration. This one is preference, you could also run a power charge generating attack here instead like ST, GMP, FA, PCoC.
3L - Hatred, HoA, Reduce Mana.
3L - Whirling Blades, FA, ???. Last gem is completely up to you. I use it for quick swap to single target gem right now but i could see putting Vaal Haste or something in there.

Pros
Spoiler
-Very safe mapping, can 1shot targets at the edge of the screen or even off screen
-Moderately Tanky, life pool is high enough with Acro/Phase and Ondar's to support Abyssus(wouldnt recommend for hardcore, use Rat's Nest or a good HP+accuracy rare instead)
-High mobility, good move speed and whirling blades makes dodging stuff easy, just don't desync
-Bino's leech with 3%LL from tree/belt gives very nice regen while mapping\
-twin Vaals and Trio are a cake walk, I have never died to either with this build
-the slow attack speed on Bino's makes supporting ST on mana very easy
-overkill burns from HoA will almost always kill nearby mobs without the need to directly hit them
-molten strike has very high single target damage (over 100k) in a 4 link and makes add phase for Atziri faceroll

Cons
Spoiler
-Bosses where you don't get power charges or regen from Bino's can be a little rough(Atziri)
-Bino's regen will often not proc on targets that get killed far away
-our only source of power charges comes from CoH Assassin's mark
-Physical Reflect maps are doable but more annoying than they are worth

Leveling

Using Uniques like Ungil's and Mightflay will boost leveling speed significantly. I found the slow attack speed on Mightflay to be annoying with ST and mostly used Molten Strike while leveling with it.
47 points
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2Ba_YeImlVVLpn_tQbGztUjIFPVvaoxwUioL8-pw1YnTXfIOSBGWmhNwVpAb29T2_I6Kl9Dbblb12HZHBn3jLOGsZrk-jDYfQac0Y0Py4W1sbIydqjY9Ax5irA==

60 Points
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2Ba_YeImlVVLpn_tQbGztUjIFPVvaoxwUioL8-pw1YnTXfIOSBGWmhNwVpAb29T2_I6Kl9Dbblb12HZHBn3jLOGsZrk-jDYi6pu1OkJLeN2oMHHUIwW16NYtgxmKxKKXBh9BpzRjQ_LhbWxsjJ2qNj0DHud0

78 Points
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2Ba_YeImlVVLpn_tQbGztUjIFPVvaoxwUioL8-pw1YnTXfIOSBGWmhNwVpAb29T2_I6Kl9Dbblb12HZHBn3jLOGsZrk-jDYi6pu1OkJLeN2oMHHUIwW16NYtgxmKxKKXBh9BpzRjQ_LhbWxsjJ2qNj0DHud01op_KzB8UUeNv02SI_aNff_eJP3nVHcHhxOcpG-eykrDOoMJ

95 Points
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2Ba_YeImlVVLpn_tQbGztUjIFPVvaoxwUioL8-pw1YnTXfIOSBGWmhNwVpAb29T2_I6Kl9Dbblb12HZHBn3jLOGsZrk-jDYi6pu1OkJLeN2oMHHUIwW16NYtgxmKxKKXBh9BpzRjQ_LhbWxsjJ2qNj0DHud01op_KzB8UUeNv02SI_aNff_eJP3nVHcHhxOcpG-eykrDOoMJ2L01krXybqpKyD8nKk19W6xHUUz-CvJFOuGmV03j_o9irA==

My Current 105 Points @ Level 87
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2Ba_YeImlVVLpn_tQbGztUjIFPVvaoxwUioL8-pw1YnTXfIOSBGWmhNwVpAb29T2_I6Kl9Dbblb12HZHBn3jLOGsZrk-jDYfQac0Y0Py4W1sbIydqjY9Ax5irOjW53Q6Qkt43agwcdQjBbUFfen-LVXQCWXxu3whAyLq1op_KzB8UUeNv__eJP3nVE2SI_aNfYMJb57KSsM6m7V3B4cTnKRKyD8nKk19W6xHUUzYvTWStfJuqv4KTeP-j6ZXOuHEopcGLYMZiklR8NWVLgce

Overall a very fun to play build. I have been playing on and off since closed beta and this is my highest level character and my first to kill Atziri. I know people have done similar builds in the past but for those that have not tried crit ST it is alive and well.

For the Future

Abyssus to me seems like it would inhibit Uber Atziri attempts so swap to either a Rat's Nest or a high EVA Life Accuracy Rare Seems to be the way to go. I would also want to swap my belt to a high Life rare for this purpose to get as much life as possible. She burns down very quickly on normal with my current setup so a focus on creating a set of gear to boost my health to 5-6K could make Uber possible and normal easy mode farming.

Any constructive criticism is welcome(gear and build wise) as I am trying to improve this build as much as possible. I am currently looking for new rings/phys belt with high life and strength as future upgrades. An amulet with accuracy in addition to the stats on my current one would be a very late/last upgrade.

**Updated with Screenshots**
Update 1/8/2015 - I remove a con about dying to Atziri spears. I figured out I was dying to the reflect in split phase because my range with faster projectiles was so large i was hitting it offscreen. After adjusting by just taking out LMP and basically running a 5L i haven't died to her since.
Last edited by Bruteuus on Jan 11, 2015, 9:32:01 PM
You should add the gem setup.
ST - LMP - ???
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
You should add the gem setup.
ST - LMP - ???

Good point not everyone will look at the links in my gear
Do you think a 230+ dps ambusher with less crit but more attack speed would work? ST with 3 aps feels a bit dull to me after playing with 4 aps. What do you think?
"
Kufios wrote:
Do you think a 230+ dps ambusher with less crit but more attack speed would work? ST with 3 aps feels a bit dull to me after playing with 4 aps. What do you think?

I think it would definitely be viable. The main changes i would make would be to take the power charge from alira in merciless and to use either maligaros or rat's nest to make up the missing crit chance. Ultimately a gg rare dagger will out dps bino's but the crit will be lower meaning it has to be made up in other places. You also lose the regen from Bino which means would will want some more life leech on jewelery or gloves, maybe picing up temu's/crest of perandus. Doing this could make Vaal Pact worth taking once your dps/leech are high enough.
Awesome! Thanks for your reply, I will try it out :)
Hey man, quick question. Does the build do well in high level maps?
Just got a Bino drop 2 days ago and was looking around for a build to play with.

Very interested to start a new character. Do u happened to have any videos? Would love to see it in action!
IGN - Duck_Ya
"
erimin5 wrote:
Just got a Bino drop 2 days ago and was looking around for a build to play with.

Very interested to start a new character. Do u happened to have any videos? Would love to see it in action!

I do not have any recording software but I suppose I could make a video of the build at some point. General play style imagine that you only have to toss 1-2 attacks at a pack for everything to die either form direct hit or Herald overkill burn. Use whirling blades or pots to move through the pack as it gets killed to quickly get to the next. Some times things miss or desync so you have to throw a few extra attacks but that goes for just about any build. Any bosses that you can get close to can get bursted down hard by your 100k+ molten strike in a 4-link, otherwise just use ST as usual(swap LMP to additional accuracy if you want).

This build does very well in higher level maps in my experience. My map pool doesnt seem to want to stay high so I have only gotten to do a few higher (75+) maps but I never had any trouble with them. Only mod I try to avoid is physical reflect on the map itself(not mobs) because its more trouble than it's worth. When I do roll a map with it that I really want to run I will usually focus on using molten strike to lower my % phys damage and to make sure bino's regen is up all the time.
Last edited by Bruteuus on Jan 11, 2015, 3:13:31 PM
Hello there. I`ve just started playing yesterday and after giving fail templar skills i`ve created a shaman today. I`m at level 8 atm. i didnt give any skills yet and spent last 4-5 hours looking for the best build. i guess i made my mind up with you :) if you want to comunicate more to help me out better(and please ahha ) you can add me on steam(ABeautifulDeath) or ingame name will be U_DineInHell.. Thanks from now for giving me your time. i bet my house on the build tho. Looks great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info