Evasion is Worthless in PVP

Well rangers are supposed to have range to help right? Wrong see half a dozen teleport spells. Rangers are supposed to be able to evade right? Wrong See vegans weapons or RT passive.

Where is my passive that lets me bypass all armor or ES?

Lame
I agree its worthless against RT or Ethereal knives you will take most if not full of the damage

but evasion is also good against crit ranger bow user

RT & spells(EK) fully destroy evasion

other elem spells evasion=Armour

If Evasion is worthless, Armor is moreso.

Getting 2000 armor, which is a huge stretch, will at most allow you to mitigate 15-20% of the damage of any guy in top 10.
500 armor from rearguard gives my 25% damage reduction in LLD. At least, nothing completely bypasses armor so you get some sort of benefit. With evasion Spells RT and vagan weapons totally ignore the stat. Granted resists work for most spells just not the physical ones.
In lld armor is the better stat, in hld evasion is. You can't consider these stats vs spells anyway. You also ccan't look at that armor tooltip and assume those are accurate representations of your damage reduction.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 5, 2015, 10:09:42 AM
"
Nazgul77 wrote:
500 armor from rearguard gives my 25% damage reduction in LLD. At least, nothing completely bypasses armor so you get some sort of benefit. With evasion Spells RT and vagan weapons totally ignore the stat. Granted resists work for most spells just not the physical ones.

Don't pay any attention to the tooltip in your defense tab, that isn't calibrated for LLD.

Use the armor formula to determine how much you're actually defending against.

Also Armor doesn't do shit vs ele, while you can evade ele damage hits.
Last edited by A222 on Jan 6, 2015, 5:07:10 PM
"
A222 wrote:
"
Nazgul77 wrote:

Don't pay any attention to the tooltip in your defense tab, that isn't calibrated for LLD.

Use the armor formula to determine how much you're actually defending against.

Also Armor doesn't do shit vs ele, while you can evade ele damage hits.

Not spells though, which is elemental too
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Evasion is the least useless of the 3 main defenses (armour, es, evasion)

Armour is in a very sorry state, Even ES is better with the 50% chance to avoid stun.
"
dzordzo wrote:
Evasion is the least useless of the 3 main defenses (armour, es, evasion)

Armour is in a very sorry state, Even ES is better with the 50% chance to avoid stun.

yep exactly this. It's not that evasion is better than armor, it's just evasion is less shit.

Evasion good vs non RT, shit vs RT

Armor shit vs both.
for months evasion was the only defence that people were using.

Only recently after the buff of marauder had armour become somewhat better. Also since mara is now a decent pick RT has seen somewhat of a rise.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Jan 9, 2015, 8:52:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info