LLD Evasion Armour Block Facebreaker Reckoning Vengeance Marauder

LLD Evasion Armour Block Facebreaker Reckoning Vengeance Marauder

Hi there guys, I'm submitting this build guide to show off the build I've been causally playing with in the PVP Season 1 for Standard LLD - Low Level Dueling.

My build is a level 28 (obviously) Marauder who goes for almost as much block as I can stretch out on the Skill Tree while still going for RT (Resolute Technique).

Defences

45% Phys dam reduction
36% Chance to Evade
53% Chance to Block
75% to all Elements
0% Chaos :\

This build can easily have a lot more damage with a legacy Facebreaker, but the gloves are always strong, from a 600% roll to a 1000% roll.

The Skill Tree

I am really proud of my skill tree. I love love love love it. I am open to hearing any improvements you guys may think. I could have over looked anything.

I killed all the bandits, I'm sure Oak's 40 life would be great, but I need as many skill points as possible for this build.

Right from the start I head straight up to the Block Chance cluster under the Templar area and also head to Resolute Technique.

Go down for more physical damage, increased life, and then more block. I wish I could have one more skill point for the extra 1% and increased defences.

After this I go all the way into the Duelist tree. Master of the Arena and Defiance are amazing. I had to get them.

Then we run out of points. I feel like I rounded out and grabbed almost all the best notables and an amazing Keystone.

I'm not sure how well a Duelist or Scion could be. I need to count it out.

This tree gives 13% more block.

Gear

Facebreaker

There are so many ways you can set up your Facebreakers. I am on Standard, so I am taking the opportunity to use a Legacy version of the gloves. The damage goes up by quite a few hundred switching to legacy from the new errata'ed version. The curse on Hit versions of the gloves can be quite nasty.

The Rest

Chest

Chest Pieces are up in the air. Foxshade adds more DPS and Evasion but who cares? The other chest piece gives armour and life!

Shield

I am using legacy Crest of Perandus for my shield. The None legacy version would bring my block chance down from 53% to 48% :(

Boots

I'm currently using this rare pair of boots at the moment, but if I see I'm paired up against a Heavy Striker or something with KnockBack I switch to my Ullr boots.

Amulet

My amulet selection is not the best right now. I've been using the Daresso's Salute because of the melee range and the dexterity. I don't need the fire or cold resistances they offer. The increased Movement and Melee damage are nice when/if I'm on full life, but that doesn't happen too often.

Rings and Belt

I love my rings, straight physical, life, resistances, some mana regen. Pretty nice.
You gotta use Meginord's for the belt. Its too good.

Flasks

TBD - Under construction lol

Gem setups

Cyclone and Infernal Blow

Tool tip DPS

Ugh, Yes, they share a 4 link. The worst part of Facebreaker is having 3 less links than most builds. I also do not possess a 6 link chest piece for this level so that's out of the question.

My cyclone only benefits from Added Fire where as my Infernal Blow benefits from MultiStrike and Added Fire.

+

Reckoning

Tool tip DPS

+

Vengeance

Tool tip DPS

+

Tempest Shield

Tool tip DPS

+

Stoutarm

Guildleader: JESUSWEPT (JESUS†)
Last edited by Stoutarm on Jan 4, 2015, 10:43:02 PM
Have you thought of going for a lot more resist nodes inside the tree? I'm going to end up using all but 4 slots as uniques and lightning coils going to hurt me in the resist section so... Just a thought, saw you were ignoring those +8% and that 15%
"
Betcher wrote:
Have you thought of going for a lot more resist nodes inside the tree? I'm going to end up using all but 4 slots as uniques and lightning coils going to hurt me in the resist section so... Just a thought, saw you were ignoring those +8% and that 15%

Resist nodes are a no no in LLD. Every single node is of great value.

Also, you cant use a Lightning Coil in LLD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info