[1.3] The Herald of Chaos - Chaos Damage Crit Caster --- (Now with Atziri Kill Video)

Added Double Shrine Piety + Reflect Map Run
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Updated Screenshots & added a Video of Death and Taxes Map.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
What is the purpouse of the normal critical strike nodes, I thought they only apply to non-spells, i.e not to things liek glacia cascade. And would it not be a decent idea to take the increased chaos dmg nodes?
All Nodes that only say "Increased critical strike Chance" are global.

Only if it says Spell Crit or Dagger Crit it will only work with this stuff.

The Global Crit Nodes are a must for every critbuild you will ever see...

I wanted to take the chaos damage nodes, the problem here is that they are in a pretty poor place on the tree and don´t give much damage at all.

The Corruption Wheel might still be good, you have 2 travel nodes to get 38% chaos damage and one of the nodes you take gives you really nothing not even some stats.

If you would cut the Dual curse from the tree and go with a item to dual curse you would totaly have the points to get that inc. Chaos there.

ATM i am thinking about cutting some stuff here and there, level up to 94 and try to make my regen work with Acro/Spell Acro.

I don´t know if it will work but i feel like it would give the build a big boost in defense, damage is really not a problem at this point.

I´ll update when i find time to calculate if that will work.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswVCBx4I9AmqDkgRlhZvHRQo-iycLR8y0TpYPAU9X0GWRKtFR0WdSVFMs1JTU1JVrlXGW6Bd8l8qZJ1o8mpDbRlwUnDVfA5-WX_GghCCHoKbgseD24nTjmSPRo-mj_qVIJUul5WX9Jo7muCboZ_fogCio6cIp1WsmK6ztvq4k7zqwFTAZsCawfPQ9dWm2fza3dsL34rfsONq6-Tr7uv17DjtPO988B_w1fId96b31_no-tI=

My current build. Got much more mana regen so it's easier to run high levels of GC with Voidbringer + Apep's, also AA is really easy to run too. Current Mana regen 250 per sec. Zero mana regen on gear currently, thinking about getting a corrupted Atziri's Foable(with leech cold damage). Than it will be around 300 i suppose.

42% chance to crit without Power Charges(50% if I switch to Divinarius for 10% radius).

I don't even use any curses atm, everything is shattering. Also don't really use conc effect currently, only switching to conc when I'm fighting with the boss, other than that I actually prefer higher AOE.

I just took every %spell damage node I can find, it's just the best way to scale Chaos damage, I will see if I can run hatred too.

I'm also thinking about using Ming's Heart atm, don't really wanna make an investment for it but I really wonder how it would work.

Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Last edited by rockmassif on Jan 31, 2015, 2:26:57 AM
Try changing the Templar regen nodes for the witch regen nodes.

With the ammount of mana 10% Regen and 8% max mana is worth more than 15% regen. (at least i did get more regen from that when i tried it)

I get lots of Manareg from my rings, thats why i speced out of it in the tree.

You have really low life, only 109% from the tree atm. (My Shadow build currently has 178% from the tree)

Another thing you miss out on is cast speed, my Tree has 30% while you only get 16%.

The Damage is roughly the same, some 150ish in my Tree some 160ish in your tree, you got more spelldamage i get more elemental damage from the shadow start, while getting 36% more crit multi from the tree.

If you don´t curse atm i´d suggest getting a warlords mark... without it refelct is really deadly...

If you want to run Hatred, just use Taste of Hate. Its hatred in a bottle. For the ammount of Physdamage its not really worth running hatred imho. The damage just is not a problem at all. You kill 77/78 Mapbosses in seconds, why would you need more damage?

Same thing for mings heart... you just dont need more damage, if anything you´d need more life.

Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Nah I'm happy with my tree. Your Shadow is 91, I'm only 73. Since I never die in sub 70 maps, I didn't feel like I needed more HP so I took damage and regen nodes earlier.
In my final build I got 160% life which is pretty enough for any caster imo.

I don't think I got a problem with cast speed, I got 3.6 cast per second.

I need to clarify tho, I'm not doing your build ;) I was planning to go Arc, then I tried GC(around lvl 35). Felt it's pretty good(since I've done Ice Nova build before(essentially the same build I'm using) I like any imba freezing spell), and then I changed my build and kept going with GC and then searched the forums to see what other people did with GC and found your thread, felt its pretty similar and join. Plus I really hate Hailrake so killing him with GC feels good.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Last edited by rockmassif on Jan 31, 2015, 11:42:20 AM
I really hate Hailrake too!

One of the Reasons i wanted to to a GC build, nice to hear that i am not the only one with some deep hate for that guy ;)
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Updated the Atziri Video with a new one with only 1 death.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Any chance you could do like a leveling skill tree?

25 points

60 points

and so forth? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info