[1.3] Elreon's Crit Elemental Spectral Throw by quodlikeX(100 LVL TORMENT)

First of all hi guys i play in torment league this is my first guide/build i will go in depth on the idea of this build and what i had in mind when i started it.

So when i saw the New Skill Tree and the reduced mana cost on skills i wanted to make a low cost ST without the need to link Mana leech,Life leech or Blood magic.

The build focused around solo pve,party play and is very viable,its very tanky in order to survive on maps while maintaining the dps high enough to solo any map and boss on the game.(Palace,Courtyard,Atziri),(Uber might need big plays to be killed)

Team play 6 man party your dmg will not feel that great like other popular builds but still its ok.

Current Gear Torment:

Spoiler

DPS WITHOUT USING ATZIRI POTION:
Spoiler

DPS USING ATZIRI POTION:
Spoiler

Current Skill Tree LvL 98 Survival Tree(I focused a lot on life nodes in order to reach lvl 100 and got the reduced mana cost on Tree so i dont have problems runing a 6L:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMNzQ-rFCAVIBZvFr8XLxhdGYoZtBo4Go8cziLiJIskqiaVJy8qTStQLOkx-zWSNj026TrhPC09Dz38PydFfEd-R-JKyEtXTeNQR1FMUzVVS1XWV-JYY17AXz9h4mKsZOdlTWaeZ5to8myMbWxuqm-ed-N35XxLfLt9W3_jgKSCm4MJiFqMNozPkFWWdJeXm1ibtZ2qoEKiAKQ5plesR63xrj60OLXytz69Nr6nwBrAZsDjwzrE9sauxtjKSsrT0IHYveFz42rkUeUZ7DjtIO8O8B_xs_JF9kj22vrS-wn79f4K_lT-jw==

*END GAME SKILL TREE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMNzQ-rFCAVIBZvFr8XLxhdGbQaOBzOIuIkiyaVJy8qCypNK1As6TH7Mgk1kjY9PC09Dz0-PydFfEbXR35H4krIUEdRTFM1VUtV1lcpV-Jh4mTnZU1mnmebaPJsRm1sbqpvnnBScNVxhXJscql3B3fjd-V8S3y7fVt_44CkgpuDCYcTidOMC4w2kFWSfZZ0l5eYb5tYm7WcpKIApDmpbqxHrfGuPrFCtDi1SLXytz65fL02vqfAGsBmwzrE9sauykrK09CB2L3audwj4XPjauRR5Rnlz-w47LDtIO8O8B_z6vcy-tL79f4K_lQ=

*You may notice i have removed some reduced mana and mana reserved nodes from the tree.The reason is cause i managed to run 6L ST with 2 good Elreon Rings i have crafted and this is expensive boy's but its worth it for me at least having a lot of fun gl :)

Linked Gems:

Spoiler
Helm=Alpha's Howl:Reduced Mana, Anger, Wrath, Herald of Ice
Boots=CWDT,Molten Shell,Life Leach,Increased Duration(Max leveling all those)
Gloves=Herald of Thunder, Curse on Hit, Ele Weakness, Reduced Mana
Weapon=Whirling Blades,Faster Attacks,Vaal Haste
Shield=CWDT(LvL 1),Blind(Max Lvl),Frost Wall(LvL 5)
Armor=Spectral Throw,LMP,Added Lightning,Faster Attack,WED,Faste Projectile* *2

*Must have while maping on party.There are variations you can do,will explained later on below.

*End Game 6L ST/WED/Faster Attack/Added Light/Added Cold/Faster Projectiles

So how do we Start:

Like other ST build but with some exceptions first thing you need to do is go to the right side of the Tree and grab the mana leech and life leech nodes
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXy0OPv1l5flGYw2JpVh4lVLFr8Pq21sNj3jhMCcpzQ=

Next what you gotta go for is all the reduced mana cost on skill's passive and ofc grab an elreo's ring when you are able to do it.

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXy0OPv1l5flGYw2JpVh4lVLFr8Pq21sNj3jhMCcpzRTNZu1wzrKSlFMrEd9WypNSsg_J9i9NZK18m6q_gpewKBCiFq3Pjwtxq7-VA3NK1Aczj0PxPauPnfj5FFnm3_jMfubWJZ0fEto8q9sTP8=

After that go for the reduced mana reserved passive nodes so you can be able to run the 2 Herald(Ice and Thunder)I suggest start with those 2 and later on when you get your Alphas go and add Anger and Wrath

From that point on you can adjust the Tree on your needs depending on your gear.Sometimes you might need some more life or some resists or some mana regen that's all depending on what gear you find while lvling.

You can removed the dynamo 3 passives (Reduced mana cost) when you are able to run 6L without any problems.

Also i have removed the mana leach on the right side of the Tree cause i got mana leach on my gear 2%-3% is enough for 10 mana cost 6L ST (You can make ST ost 6 Mana for 6L if you get all the reduced mana cost passives)These mana cost are with having the passives i mentioned + 1 Elreon's ring -8 mana cost on skills.

You can also make some variations on the gems linked but care on the gems multiplier if the mana cost for 6L ST goes more than 10 you will not be able perma hold right click attack.

What you need for flasks is something like this:

Spoiler

What you should do around LvL 70:
Spoiler
Buy a Tabula Rasa unless you have found one :) and start maping!

My thoughts while lvling pve team party play:

Spoiler
While lvling on Maps i found Faster Projectiles Gem very usefull cause it increases the range of how far the projectile goes.While having Faster Projectiles linked you increase your survivability attacking from the distance.
Faster Projectiles is a must on Team Party Maping

You can do a variety of things with the build for example:
Spoiler

1.You can do 2 blue socket's to link critical multiplier gem(Remove faster projectiles)but you will need to be extremely carefull on your plays in high end game maps.
2.You can run rarity gem on solo play.The cleaning speed will be fast so no worries.
3.You can single ST removing lesser multiple projectiles and adding w/e you want in its place to increase your dps a lot

My goal for this league was to craft a good Elreom's ring and reach lvl 100!
This tree is what i am hoping to be on lvl 100:
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXy0OPv1l5flGYw2YeJVSxa_JpUPqzY9bWxsjJ2qYqy1SHBSKgvz6nDVidPDOpu1UzWDCW-eykp9W6xHUUxHfr02ZU2-pxm0ytMs6RUgKk2kOdCBR-Ii4rXybqpKyD8n_grYvTWSPC3Grrc-aPKvbEz_BLOiAPAfgpvtIOFzGjiQVScv7DjAGoCkVdZk5xcv-tJmnuNqFm8YXTzvrfGWdHxLd-VX4kbXVylxhbFC2rn-VA3NK1Aczj0PxPbkUWebrj5343_jMfubWO8OUEcUIE3j_o_yRTrhpld3B4cTnKQaj_ba-wkZijKJwGY=

Bandits:
Normal - Oak 40+ Life
Cruel - Kraityn - 8% Faster attack
Merciless - Kill ALL

Normal Atziri Able!
Uber Not Tested Yet.

I don't have much time ATM but the build will be updated with a lot of screenshots and indepth guide!

Dps with the basic setup i got linked for maping around 14-15k with the 2 Auras and 2 Heralds Runing

If you remove Faster Projectile and place Added cold damage or Critical Multiplier your dps will skyrocket.You can get it even higher with Single Spectral throw without LMP its up to your playstyle

Skyrocketing your dps means you are more vulnerable to Reflect so take care

My current Life (8301) LvL 98 Survival Build
My current Life End Game 100 LvL (6543)

The Good:
1.Great clean speed solo
2.Fun to play
3.Always room for improvement makes you want to play more and push the limits
4.Normal Atziri able easy
5.Great Survivability
6.Cheap for solo play only thing you need to buy is an Alpha's Howl and a Tabula Rasa

The bad
1.End game maps 6 Man party your dmg does not feel so good compared to other builds
2.Not an Afk build
3.End game gear is hard to find

Feel Free to ask anything

Last edited by quodlike on Jan 29, 2015, 6:32:20 PM
Character created, 38 lvl so far. lvling with static/motlen strike
bump small update.
Biggest flaw I see with this build is not going Resolute Technique. You have 0 crit from tree and very little on gear+5% foil isn't helping either. And you probably should get a lot more accuracy on gear. I remember having only 91% chance to hit with 4 pieces of gear with accuracy and much more accuracy % from tree on my Duelist.

TLDR: go either RT or spec into crit and get good dagger. Trying to do both will lower your damage.
Last edited by VodkaBorschGG on Jan 18, 2015, 3:30:15 PM
Build will be critical based gonna make a mazor update when i hit lvl 100 soon.The weapon is decent but yeah a dagger would have been better.
Updated LvL 100 Finally Torment Gonna update with more screenshot and stuff if people want to learn more
vagan "hits cannot be evaded" aps dagger with +2 weapon range. regal then add elreon multiple crafts + crit and attack speed. the amount of dps will probly increase by rediculous amount--more whatever--u say oh theres no elemental damage on this dagger... that ele damage is miniscule in comparison to the same weapon range.

Weapon Range

Base Range of Weapons:[1]

Axe, One-Handed: 5
Axe, Two-Handed: 7
Claw: 5
Dagger: 5 + 2 +(hits cannot be evaded)
Mace, One-Handed: 5
Mace, Two-Handed: 6
Sceptre: 5
Sword, One Handed: 6
Sword, Thrusting One-Handed: 7
Sword, Two Handed: 6
Staff: 6
Unarmed: 4

this solves every possible problem and frees up so many points its not even funny. for dps purposes u can swap every acc passive for dagger crit and even more life. below is just for coc purposes but the same applies to any build that crits.

From reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2ljdz3/math_of_exile_how_good_are_vagan_daggers_for_coc/

Spoiler
Started doing the math below as a reply to a buried comment on an unrelated thread. The conclusions were interesting to me, so I thought someone might find it of interest too.

So, how do "hits cannot be evaded" Vagan daggers fare compared to regular daggers ? I will be comparing a Poignard from Vagan ("low tier ambusher", highest AS/crit base available at ilvl59) against a regular Ambusher.

With a Vagan dagger, the resulting attack speed and crit chance are a lot lower than what you would get from a perfect Ambusher, especially considering Poignards have lower base crit than Ambushers (6.5 vs 6.68, for some reason I can't fathom). However, 100% hit chance tremendously improves your actual crit rate, and also frees up multiple passive points and gear affixes that you would otherwise need to spend on accuracy. There's also the neat advantage of being immune to blind. OTOH, you're getting lower max rolls on spell damage and spell crit. All that influence on build making is pretty hard to quantify, but what you can look at is how low your chance to hit would need to be for a Vagan dagger to be better than a perfect Ambusher on the same character, everything else being equal (looking only at the resulting effective crit rate).

Perfect Ambusher : 9.2% CC, 2.03 APS -> .187 "crits/second" (simple product of the two. Doesn't take anything else into account at this point, especially not chance to hit)

Perfect crafted Vagan Poignard : 6.5+34%(t2)=8.77% CC, 1.6+22%(t3)=1.95 APS -> .171 "crits/second"

Average master crafter Vagan Poignard : 6.5+24.5%= 8.09% CC, 1.6+13.5%=1.82 APS -> .147 "crits/second"

Factoring in chance to hit : "effective crit rate" = "crits/second" * "chance to hit"2 , therefore "chance to hit"=sqrt("effective crit rate"/"crits/second")

perfect Vagan dagger vs perfect Ambusher : sqrt(.147/.187)=.956 -> you would need over 95.6% chance to hit for a perfect Ambusher to be better than a perfect Vagan dagger. Such high accuracy is literally impossible, making the Vagan dagger strictly better. (thanks /u/the_tes for pointing out the cap I forgot about)

average master-crafted Vagan dagger vs perfect Ambusher : sqrt(.171/.187)=.887 -> you would need over 88.7% chance to hit for a perfect Ambusher to be better than an average master-crafted Vagan dagger. That's a chance to hit value you need serious investment in accuracy to reach.

For reference, I have a CoC char at lvl90, 2200 total accuracy, on which my character sheet says 89% chance to hit. It takes me 3 passive points (depth perception, not counting the bonus acc I get from swift precision) and acc rolls on both rings and on gloves (t1/t2/t2) to get there. I could just throw all that out the window, spend the points somewhere else and get resists/IAS/whatever on gloves and rings instead, use my mediocre master-crafted Vagan dagger instead of my 9.15/2.02 Ambusher, and effectively get the same crit rate.

Edit : bonus number : a perfect Vagan dagger has a 26.5% better effective crit rate than a perfect Ambusher at 85% chance to hit (and an average master crafted one 8.8% better).
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Jan 29, 2015, 7:16:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info