PSYREN'S Tri or Quad - Curse EE Fire Trapper

Due to several request to this niche and simple build, I am going to give a crash course on my trapper.

Clear speed is the goal.

The idea behind this build was to be able to solo maps at a competitive level against flameblast, arc, and etc, while still being able to join groups and support.

With so many possibilities and builds to play, it comes easier to play by yourself at your own pace and do majority of the content alone, but for those who wants to excel to a higher level of game play and not sacrifice solo play with grouping, I believe this build is able to satisfy the needs for solitary and social play.

Ideally my choice of characters for this build, in this order, would be: Shadow, Templar, or Witch.

Bandits: Help Oak, Kill All, Kill All

level 1 - 35

http://tinyurl.com/qc9xns4

(You have the option to select the life wheel "Written in Blood." The reason why I didn't select into it is because of decent self found hp gear and the awesome mechanics of being a trapper.)

Level 35 - 66

http://tinyurl.com/nsbsvgt

Level 66 - 93

http://tinyurl.com/qx7798d

Final Tree for those who have have the endurance to push it to 100 or can even survive long enough :P

http://tinyurl.com/o5dx5vo

Reason why I did not select Clever Construction:

Almost every encounter with any packs, your first instinct should be to doge and then attack. Which completely bypasses your traps ever being destroyed. There are some occasion where it gets tricky going at such a rapid speed of clearing, that I would throw 2 - 3 traps to make sure it will successfully kill certain annoying packs - which happens rarely.

Clearing Map Concept:

Once you fully understand how to clear a map effectively, the efficient way to keep yourself from running out of traps is by throwing your 1 fire trap first and then casting arc right after. It gives your trap enough time to land before it detonates while in the process of ee tri - quad curse arc is casting. Because it only takes 1 trap to get the job done.

After you've practice and have the feel for this pattern fully, the only time you'll ever stop in a map is if you want to pick up loot/currency. Where as vs an arc'er or flameblaster, majority of the time they have to stop for a split second and aim while casting. Another cool thing is that with a 2 hand weapon you dont have the negative movement speed from wearing a shield w/ 20% AA with 20%-30% ms boots. Windscream is not necessary, but a luxury.

(There are some people who would argue that "Battle Rouse" is not worth the investment, but IMO, in a league that mainly have unforgiving elemental mobs (Blood line League), Battle Rouse will save lives. And there are A LOT of you guys out there who have at least experienced it once or twice when y'all almost died at 100ish life who would now appreciate just a bit more chance of survival.)

Why I love Battle Rouse: For almost every encounter you'll get hit, but 3% of your mana is given back + the aid of a potion.

Ex.

Without Battle Rouse you'll loose Life and Mana, and to counter this is by using a potion and waiting to regen. This right here stops you from fighting and causes you to flee until you're ready to engage again.

With Battle Rouse you'll lose life, and can counter with a flasks, whiling having the opportunity to remain in the battle (depending on how heavy you were hit) given back 3% per hit for every hit + mana regen. Now with MoM and a high mana pool at 2.5k unreserver, that's 75 mana back per hit. 75 mana may look low to the eyes, but when it stacks with regen + potions, it's like having a free 150+ life on top of your ehp and then some. Keep in mind that each major life node you grab from the skill tree usually adds about 70-100ish hp depending on your max health - that's the almost the same equivalent as your 3% back from battle rouse.

P.S. Another good reason to have Battle Rouse is because it helps a ton with ELEMENTAL DMG!!! With a lot of nerfs to Max Resistance, it's hardly easy to push pass 75 max res without the sacrifice to mana for any type of purity or wasting a ton of points to have 1 measly max res.

Ofc to fully reach Battle Rouse full potential, you would have to combine it with the right gear.

Taste of Hate + Battle Rouse + Granite + IR with MoM and the list goes on.

Ideal End Game Gear:

Searing Touch, Carcass Jack, Doedre's Damning, Windscream

Weapon Links:

Fire Trap, Ele Prolif, Chance to Ignite, Empower, Concentrated Eff, (Fire Pen)

Chest Links:

Arc, Curse on Hit, Flammability, Elemental Weakness, (Enfeeble)

Boot Links:

CwDT, Inc Duration, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call

Helm Links:

Clarity, Discipline, Reduced Mana, Arctic Armour

Glove Links:

Vulnerability, Temp Chains, Faster Casting, Empower

My gear when focusing on group play looked like this. I have 8k Ehp and was able to run xp gear. I also had the options to run Perandus Signet and still kept 8k Ehp w/ a shield. Without it I was still at 7k+ Ehp

There is a lot more information I did not include, but eventually I will edit more in whenever I find the time.

I forgot to mention that when I was playing with Sleepless, this was my current tree http://tinyurl.com/nm7se26. It was a Canyon that Sleepless and I were playing and I basically 1 shot a beyond boss with only 1 fire trap after EE + Quad Curse. Granted that it was not an instant kill or as fast as I would have liked it to be, the job was done with barely any dmg nodes from the tree. This just shows how much potential Fire Trap now has with the new nodes from the Templar Celestial Wheel + the suppose to be nerfed - 3 % Heart of Flame bringing a total of -5% to fire res.

OK, this freaking guide kept me up long enough and I should catch some z's.

Have a safe New Years and drink responsibility!

There are more variation of trees I had planned out for pure dps fire trap. For those who wishes to know, just leave a post or send me a pm.

Last edited by PSY2EN on Dec 31, 2014, 10:47:48 AM
Thanks for the guide. Going to follow it closely for my first Trapper, and make on Bloodlines. I keep on hearing Clever Construction is a must. Are your traps not getting obliterated right away on maps?

IGN = MonTy
It's only a must if you're not aware of how you are using your traps.

So when people say it's a must, it's one of two things, they're saying it just cause someone else "told them," or it's from their experience that it is a lot more convenient to just be lazy and to have ease of mind when spamming the skill.

My advice to you would be, test out both with/without clever construction and get a feel for both play styles and then go from there.

The only time my traps were obliterated is only when I'm carelessly throwing it around. Granted there are some cases where the traps can be obliterated; from arc mages, storm heralds, leapers, and etc.

To counter each monster type, all you need to do is just doge and counter, but for storm heralds, you just have to hope for the best on your fire trap before the lightning strikes, or just run a quick circle around it so that the lightning storm can focus on you and then just destroy it with a trap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info