"Competitive" group PvP and Disconnects/Crashes

Group PvP events require some sort of reconnection feature for people who crash or disconnect during a group event. It doesn't matter how well your team is doing, if someone happens to crash or disconnect, you automatically lose the game (and more than likely your shot at a Talisman if you are playing on hardcore where only ~4 teams usually queue).

Starcraft does this by pausing the game and giving the disconnected player a certain amount of time to reconnect, then resumes after a short countdown.

Path of Exile can already be paused--it happens at the end of every race. Why can't something like this be implemented for PvP?

I just had a bad experience losing a chance at a Talisman due to a teammate disconnecting and it has pretty much destroyed all my motivation to PvP anymore.

Knowing you are at the mercy of automatically losing because of internet / game hiccup is forcing me to not want to "waste" time on PvP anymore. I'm probably done with it until this feature is inevitably added.
IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on Dec 30, 2014, 11:59:25 PM
I would like to see this too. They would have to make sure people can't access guild/stash because they could change gear. Trading or entering zones would also apply.
IGN - WazaBaza
+1 to reconnect, just let us respawn after party & queue up. Don't think pausing the whole thing is a good idea but it's seriously frustrating being disconnected and wondering what's happening.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

IGN: Baacon
I agree this needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
Dublicious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info