[BL] Zob's Shadow Tri Curse EE EA

You can catch me live here www.twitch.tv/zigzog most days starting at 4 PM CET.

Build Idea :

Hello guys ! The idea behind the build was to modify the build made by my friend Hunk
(http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1118188 outdated since it was used for the 1WeekRace where we ended up being rank #4, #6 and #8
yay)

I wanted to make it almost as effective to support any burn build, and be able to deal a good amount of burn damage myself.

What you basically have to do with this build is just stack 5 fuses on a monster and put a rain of arrow cursing on hit before and after the explosion for a full use of Elemental Equilibrium.

In order to proc EE you will need either extra cold damage or extra lightning damage on your jewelry / gloves or even be lucky as i have been to corrupt your quiver with Lightning conversion based on the few amount of physical damage that i have on my Quill Rain. The choice of the element that will be nerfed by EE has to be your choice depending on who you're playing with, i'm pretty sure an Arcer wouldnt like you to proc EE withlightning damage.

Current Gear :

The Quill Rain is key for this build for every bit of its stats. You need a high attack speed to put your 5 fuses as quickly as possible. The Projectile Speed is a great quality of life improvement for you to actually hit moving targets with Explosive Arrow which can be really annoying, but most of all it actually makes your rain of arrow fall faster. Oh and ... It has Dexterity on it ! You need Dexterity ... and a lot of it.

Windscream are imho the best choice for your first (if only) additional curse item because the only thing it lacks is life. has decent movement speed, resistances and even adds elemental damage. It's armour based so it gives you the opportunity to 4L it early in the character progression because you know you won't change them for anything else and you can put your CWDT setup in it as soon as you can afford it.

Current Passive Tree :

Lvl 92

Leveling Trees :

Lvl 33

This is the Tree at which you will most likely fight Dominus in Normal. You'll need a flameblast that you either got from Fidelitas or from a friend at Brutus. Try to find a 3L Quartz Sceptre with +1 Fire gems using the adequate recipe, will do the trick until you go Explosive Arrow that you picked up at Clarissa's quest. Help Oak in Normal Difficulty!

Lvl 53

This is the Tree at which you will most likely fight Dominus in Cruel. Still flameblast, got more life, more dexterity to level up Explosive Arrow and started most of the painful travelling through the passive tree, you're almost there ! At this point I myself already switched to double curse on hit rain of arrow because i was playing with flameblasters but this is not necessary.

Lvl 70

Build is "finished" and playable, at this point the only mandatory things you need are enough fire resistance compared to your leech not to kill yourself on reflect.

WARNING MIGHT CONTAIN MATH, sensitive souls please close your eyes.

LifeLeechGem*0.4 needs to be higher than 0.14*(100-FireRez)

Usually always true with both Purity of Fire and Life Leech being level 17.

If you have any questions please do tell. I will answer them either on stream or right here ! Keep in mind this is the first guide i'm making for you guys so it might not be complete at the time i'm writing this. I will add video content of the build in the near future.
Last edited by ZigZog on Dec 26, 2014, 6:36:53 AM
why burning dmg instead of fire pen?
Why are you using temp chains with EA? It prolongs the fuse timer.

Why are you also not taking advantage of the 9 link setup?

Is this a support char that happens to use EA?

:-\
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Dec 26, 2014, 4:54:55 PM
"
gokulnath wrote:
why burning dmg instead of fire pen?

I already reduce most of the monster's resistances by about 150 so adding a bit more on top wouldnt make a huge difference for most monsters, and even against Curse Immune targets i already have EE to bypass this a bit. But most of all i chose Inc Burning Damage just to replace chance to ignite and still keep a decent chance to ignite.
In this case i am still using chance to ignite because i felt like it was a lot more comfortable to play with 100% chance to ignite rather than adding either fire pen or anything else for that matter as long as i'm not owning a 6L to officially add BOTH Conc Effect and Inc AoE instead of chance to ignite.

"
muir wrote:
Why are you using temp chains with EA? It prolongs the fuse timer.

Why are you also not taking advantage of the 9 link setup?

Is this a support char that happens to use EA?

:-\

I'm using temp chains because it prolongs both important curses and the burn which results in more damage and in most cases when playing alone 5 fuses are enough to one shot everything so i don't mind "waiting" an additional 0.4 seconds. Moreover temp chains is a great defense mechanism as my only source of mitigation is my life and arctic armour which is mostly useful against doggies and titty bitches., it doesn't do that much against anything else.

I'm not taking advantage of the 9Link setup because id rather have utility skills like the portal gem, blink arrow, flesh offering for the Necrovigil Bloodline Affix, sometimes vaal haste if the party can benefit from it. I felt like using another 4L for such a small benefit wasn't worth it which might not be everyone's feeling. Again, this is based on playing the build and not paper scenario.

It is indeed played as a support character because i mostly play in party and it would be stupid for me to try and carry faster than a flameblaster at the moment. It doesn't stop the build to be really effective when alone which was my goal at the beginning, be a support that can actually play on his own and clear high level maps.
rip.
@BeerPact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info