[1.3] yoona's Bloodlines Self-Cast Non-Crit Arc Witch. CHEAP!

So I'm in China and my ping is a constant 300 with the occasional flatline so I decided to do a quick guide of my build.

I am currently level 86 and top 350 in Bloodlines. My character

Pros/Cons
Pros:
Cheap, Efficient Solo Play
Functions on a 4L
Can level as any spell based on preference
Runs almost any map/boss without trouble
Shocks everything for party play
Very durable (High effective life + AA)
Arc has a built-in aim

Cons:
Does not get much stronger with a 6L
Cannot carry large parties (will mostly be shocking)
Does not scale to massive DPS with godly gear

Skill Tree

Bandits
Skill Point, Skill Point, Skill Point
You can get Oak in normal if you feel you need the extra health for starting out.

Current Gear

Gear Choices

Helm: If you do not have access to a 5L Cloak, Geofri's Crest is recommended. If you do have a 5L Cloak or do not wish to use a Geofri's Crest, an ES-based Life Helm is the best choice. I used a Goldrim until I was able to find a nice Helm. Goldrim allows us to cap resistance much easier when starting out.

Chest: Cloak is far and away the best chest to use and possibly the only mandatory piece of gear in this build. MoM gives us an extremely large effective lifepool. If you cannot afford a cloak, try get a Geofri's, run a low level Arctic Armour and a life-based ES, AR/ES or AR chest.

Gloves/Boots: Dependent on whether you have cloak but ideally one piece is AR/ES and the other is ES. The reason we need the AR/ES piece is to roll 4R for a CWDT set-up. Life/ES/Resists are the important stats here.

Rings/Amulet: Ideally a couple pieces will have Dexterity so we can skip it on the tree. Life/Mana Regen/Resists are also important. Cast Speed/Spell Damage are secondary. Mana/Energy Shield are the last stats to consider.

Belt: The only important stats here are the life and resist rolls. Chain belt base is acceptable but Leather is preferable.

Shield: I use a Rathpith because it's extremely difficult to find a shield that outdoes it. It comes with spell block, life, ES and spell damage. For a rare shield, an ES base is helpful with life and resistance. A spell damage shield can also work. One of the few places for DPS exist in the shield. I used a random life-resist Armor shield until I could afford Rathpith.

Weapon: Most builds require spending a lot on weapons to function. This build can use a white wand very effectively. Honestly, a lifesprig will be the most expensive wand you'll use until much of the endgame.

A very cheap set-up is to run Goldrim + Lifesprig. Every other piece is simply to help get life and cap resistance.

Gems

Arc - Faster Casting - Spell Echo - Lightning Penetration - (Life Leech) - (Empower): This is the main DPS set-up of this build. The last two gems are quality of life and not necessarily as this build functions fine on a 4-link.

Arc - Spell Totem - Lightning Penetration - Faster Casting : We use a separate totem to help shock mobs, act as a decoy totem and deal additional DPS all at once. The reason I do not use Spell Echo is because it does not affect totems. The shock is great against bosses when kiting. The totem itself is great to bait a couple mobs out of a large pack or simply take damage. The DPS is also non-negligble. My Totem deals 2,000 DPS while my main Arc deals 7,500 DPS.

Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration : This is a mandatory set-up to prevent us from dying to large bursts of damage. What level to stop leveling CWDT is completely personal preference. I chose level 9 because that's when it activates on 1,000 damage which is when damage gets a little scary.

Reduced Mana - Clarity - Herald of Ice - Herald of Thunder : Clarity is obvious to sustain AA and for MoM. I chose to use two heralds over a purity because I find good play can negate the need for purity of lightning. The DPS is nice to help with clear speed.

Arctic Armour : The main form of mitigation for small physical and fire hits. Helps greatly vs titty bitches, fire dogs, crabs and all those little mobby enemies.

Conductivity : A curse I use when I feel like the clear is going slow. Most of the time, it's unneeded.

Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Reduced Duration : Simply for movement purposes.

Smoke Mine : A life-saver when opening boxes. The idea is to place a mine far from the box, place a totem near the box, open the box and immediately detonate the mine. You teleport back to the mine and your totem tanks the initial burst.

Detonate Dead : A quality of life gem for Phy Link in Bloodlines.

Playstyle
For the most part, the playstyle is self-explanatory. Place a totem, cast a curse and spam your arc. Some situations I've found myself becoming a lot more aware of now are:

Strongboxes: My new method of opening is to place a mine far from the box, place a totem near the box, open the box and immediately detonate the mine. You teleport back to the mine and your totem tanks the initial burst. Yes, there exists the freezes from the loading of Exiles/Mobs but even with 300 ping, I've found it possible to find a timing just as you open the box to still trigger the mine. Smoke Mine has not so far desync'd for me so that is another bonus.

Living Blood: For most people in bloodlines, this is a large threat leveling. My strategy vs this unique mob is to place a totem to bait the Ground Slam and circle around casting Arc on the minions he summons. Your arc should be able to kill the mobs before they reach you. The unique itself is high damage but also very squishy so it's sometimes best to just man up and try burst him down between Ground Slams.

Reflect: A lot of the times, reflect is not an issue. Pop a topaz and you should be fine. However if you do not have life leech or face a large mob, try kiting out the rare mob that has the reflect aura. If that is not possible, the totem can slowly whittle away the mob / rare monster to a reasonable size.

Mapping: A large part of staying alive is playing safe. Always place a totem ahead of where you're going to bait out hidden mobs, tank the charges and burst. Rushing head-on into a room is probably the single largest reason I see players rip so the totem in this build is very nice for this aspect.

Map Mods

Elemental Reflect: Probably avoid this mod. It is doable but the slow clear speed is not worth it.

Minus Max: I do this all the time. Play safe with the totem upfront so you have time to spot any reflect mobs.

Elemental Weakness: If you're overcapped enough, this is easy. Otherwise, same with Minus Max, play safe. The totem is your friend. Minus Max and Elemental Weakness are probably more dangerous because of the nature of the mod.

Half Regen: Depends on your mana regen. I can currently sustain AA through half-regen so I can run it. The lack of speed is noticeable but only extremely large bursts should be worrisome.

No Regen: Doable if you have a 6L with Life Leech/BM or have Lightning Leech somewhere else on gear. Otherwise don't bother trying.

Screenshots of Offense/Defense

Offense

Defense

If you have any questions, feel free to reply, PM me or message me ingame @yoona.
Bloodlines: yoona
Standard: PrincessYoona
Vouch Thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/495186
Last edited by 김태연 on Dec 27, 2014, 7:28:43 PM
Thanks for this build !

What's about the bandits ?
"
sh44D wrote:
Thanks for this build !

What's about the bandits ?

Right. I went Skill Point, Skill Point, Skill Point but you can take Oak in normal if you feel you need some extra survivability. I like having the extra points to mess around with the tree.
Bloodlines: yoona
Standard: PrincessYoona
Vouch Thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/495186
Hi i liked your idea of spell totem + arc as a safety measure in bloodlines.

However i went the critical arc approach and linked storm call with spell totem.

Here's my tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rpAlcr_rO9gm0ZwFQI9GpDvOpMswQHVcaD218q6-Qi9GwLHNwNjfDVlS4HHhGWf8ZJUQVCQZaus9D18h1knev1j_oOSF3ycNVwUonTpJF-MxOejDYmlWHiVUvbC4IeiELBxacI2CQ2xR8Cna4abONqFm8kqjbptvr3po5kHRT60lAwY0MpT-QihX3sOBo4kFUnL6IA4XPtIIKbBLPwHzpYRZ2a4OvuuJNTUit4LJwtix_HSbHXz_k374iTJ_nogsco-jWS2L3-Crc-QYc=

Would like to hear your opinion about this!
hi thx for this build!

what do you think of atziri's voible in ur build? good ? bad? neither of both?
it gives u massive mana and manareg what should be a boost of def, additionally it provides -% requirements what should compasate its leak of stats ?

Cheers
Last edited by Shiddoh on Jan 8, 2015, 9:34:57 AM
Awesome build so far. Did dom phase 3 in like 3 sec. Whats your thoughts on using vaal spark aswell? i find the dps burst is great for harder mobs etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info