Ambient Sounds pause and start over again on every Hillock kill + other Ambient Sound feedback

I've been letting this go for a while hoping these things would be addressed, yet they haven't been.

UPDATE/EDIT: Although this thread is about sound cutting off after killing a boss (Hillock), I have to raise another question... Why don't ALL ambient sounds loop like music does to where when players come back into an area again, the ambient sounds don't always start over the way they do?

To me, that is not very clean audio work. When it comes to nature sounds or ambiance in general, it should never sound broken off like that.

As a player who sometimes likes to mute the Music and Sound Effects and just listen to the ambiance of Path of Exile throughout my gameplay, this becomes very noticeable more and more.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The odd Ambient Sound behavior on Hillock kills:

Lately, I have tried my hand at doing some Hillock runs in Cruel and Merciless (depending on my level in the game).

Quick Note: In Normal (when I made a new character just to verify this odd sound behavior), the break-off is most noticeable. In Cruel and Merciless, the break-off happens faster, yet to a trained ear in audio, it is still fairly noticeable.

My question is why every time a player kills Hillock, the ambient sounds pause, and then start over again? It's a total break-off, sounds terrible, and the pattern becomes very noticeable after just a few runs.

Why not have the ambient sounds loop to where the break-off when killing Hillock does not happen?

P.S. This has probably been happening since PoE was in its beginning stages, but I still think all sounds throughout the game should loop smoothly without any immediately break-offs, especially after killing a boss, in this case, Hillock.

Whether or not anyone really cares about this is besides the point. It is very odd sound behavior.

Thank you for looking into this!
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Dec 25, 2014, 6:25:26 PM
Yeah I can see why this would be happening, I'll see what could be done about it.
The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info