Season Ten, Event 18: 90m Fixed Seed Brutal

2nd DUELIST!!!

I played this race MUCH better. Here's how:

Safety
- Bought a Coral amulet and 2x Coral Rings ASAP.
- No iron rings. I wore both Corals unless 2x ele resist rings for a zone.
- I spec'd 2x [Armour & Evasion] instead of the usual attack speed 4% nodes x2i. The difference was noticeable.

RNG Drops
- First bout of RNG was a blue +LGoH foil sword. This is GODLY for cleave because against packs you just keep sweeping and you get insta-healed.
- Much better RNG en route to Merveil, got 2x cold res rings, 28 and 30.
- Learning from my previous deaths, I skipped charging units, Arc casters and any strongbox with
nova/freezing.
- Just after Merveil the RNG started getting crazy.
and a +70% IPD sword with attack speed that I NPC'd

The EXP Turning Point...
- My starting plan was to farm Crypt 2 entire race.
- Got there, cleared a few times but was then at Lv19 with 25ish minutes left on the clock.
- Change of plan, decided to push A3 since I had good resists and +life gear.
- Finishing Act II took almost 20 minutes, but once I got to Sarn I went from 22 to 24 in less than 5 minutes.
- Might have been better to stay in Crypt 2 (zone lv22) and farm after all.

Plans for next race
- If I am Lv19+ with 35+ mins left, I'm going to push for Act 3 earlier to farm Sarn more.
- If not, I'm going to stick with the same defensive build but farm Crypt 2 entirely to compare EXP gains.
- Newbie racers, I recommend that after you get to Act 2, farm Rivers a couple laps then head straight to Crypt with Fire res rings and stay there the entire time.
- Alira and Kraityn took significantly longer to kill/ Vaal was likewise significantly harder.

from vaal boss, a bit l8 m8
Last edited by alphaccount on Dec 26, 2014, 11:01:28 AM
@ alphaccount

Really good post. Excellent!

alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
alphaccount wrote:
2nd DUELIST!!!

Safety
- I spec'd 2x [Armour & Evasion] instead of the usual attack speed 4% nodes x2i. The difference was noticeable.

RNG Drops
- First bout of RNG was a blue +LGoH foil sword. This is GODLY for cleave because against packs you just keep sweeping and you get insta-healed.
- Learning from my previous deaths, I skipped charging units, Arc casters and any strongbox with
nova/freezing.

The EXP Turning Point...
- Got there, cleared a few times but was then at Lv19 with 25ish minutes left on the clock.
- Finishing Act II took almost 20 minutes, but once I got to Sarn I went from 22 to 24 in less than 5 minutes.

Plans for next race
- If I am Lv19+ with 35+ mins left, I'm going to push for Act 3 earlier to farm Sarn more.
- If not, I'm going to stick with the same defensive build but farm Crypt 2 entirely to compare EXP gains.
- Newbie racers, I recommend that after you get to Act 2, farm Rivers a couple laps then head straight to Crypt with Fire res rings and stay there the entire time.
- Alira and Kraityn took significantly longer to kill/ Vaal was likewise significantly harder.

I look forward to hearing how that goes. Please do report back! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
alphaccount wrote:
2nd DUELIST!!!

Safety

RNG Drops
nova/freezing.

The EXP Turning Point...

Plans for next race

good advice here ty
but also you did get quite lucky :d

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info