GGG, please make Blunt Trauma (Staff node) more accessible to casters

I am referring to the staff crit nodes in the circle right under minion instability.

For casters, in order to get to Blunt Trauma (the big node I circled in green), we have to waste 1 skill point grabbing either of the "staff damage and accuracy" or "staff damage and attack speed nodes" (circled in red). Neither of these are beneficial to full on casters and is a waste of a point grabbing them in order to get to the big node.

Non casters who use staves to attack can reap the full benefits of all those points, while casters are forced to waste an extra point.

One suggestion I have in remedying this is moving Blunt Trauma to the center of the circle, and add a connecting node to either of the "Staff damage and Critical Strikes" nodes.

Please consider fixing this, GGG.

edit: NVM. Ignore this thread. I guess the wording of the Blunt Trauma keystone confused me. What I thought it meant was as long as the staff is equipped, 50% crit chance is applied to all skills globally. As I understand, it only applies to staff attcks.
Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911509
Last edited by Cookie_Puss on Dec 25, 2014, 9:54:39 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Huh? Blunt Trauma looks completely useless to casters, as far as I can see. Or are you saying Serpent Stance should be more accessible?
"
Incompetent wrote:
Huh? Blunt Trauma looks completely useless to casters, as far as I can see. Or are you saying Serpent Stance should be more accessible?

Hmm... I feel kinda dumb now. So the critical strike chance nodes only apply to attacks? Where as Global critical strike nodes affect both spells and attacks?

Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911509
Last edited by Cookie_Puss on Dec 25, 2014, 9:52:50 PM
Spells do not 'use' your weapon, you're merely holding it (that's why Spells work with every weapon type). Any node that is worded as 'with a Staff' only works when you're actually utilising a Staff, ie. are using Attacks. Nodes that work 'while wielding a Staff' don't require the use of a Staff, and thus do apply to Spells as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info