[1.3] Tri-Herald MoM Kinetic Blaster

Remember that this is just a guideline to help you along as you are building your own character. The information here is what I have found to work the best, but feel free to experiment and adapt to your own needs.

Explanation
The basic idea of this build is to use Vaal Pact and MoM to run a very high effective HP pool combined with the incredible clear speed provided by a wander. Its pretty good solo, not the best solo wand build out there, but it really shines in parties when theres people running hatred, haste, and maybe even wrath/anger if you're lucky. In a good party my dps about triples.

Kinetic Blast vs. Power Siphon
Kinetic Blast is OP

Links
KB
4L: KB - GMP - PCoC - Faster Attacks/Phys Proj
5L: KB - GMP - PCoC - Faster Attacks/Phys Proj - WED
6L: KB - GMP - PCoC - Faster Attacks/Phys Proj - WED - Crit Dmg

4L: Power Siphon - PCoC - FA - WED

4L: Red Mana - HoA - HoT - HoI

4L: CwDT - EC - Inc Dur - IC

3L: Red Mana - Clarity - Ass Mark

3L: LW - Red Dur - Arctic Armor
Ideally Arctic Armor should be linked with Empower. I might drop Reduced Duration for Empower but as of right now I really like the mobility.

Tree

Pick up conduit if you play with a party

There are many many options you can take with the last points in this build. I chose to grab Throatseeker and True Stike for more damage. You can get the rest of the wand wheel if you want, Melding for more life, the rest of the witch spell damage, dreamer or a couple reduced reservation nodes if you want more unreserved mana. This tree is just a guideline of where you can go after the core of the build is complete, so make sure your points compliment the gear you currently have.

Bandits
Normal - Help Oak
Cruel - Help Oak or Kraityn
Merciless - Help Alira

Gear
The wand is your most important piece of gear. Aim for an Imbued Wand with at least 170 pDPS and 10+ crit chance. Obviously the more damage the better.

Cloak is your second most important piece as it is most of your survivability
End game you want to get a Crown of Eyes as it will skyrocket your damage. Until then just use whatever hat with life resist and accuracy if you can get. An ES base is preferable as it boosts your mana pool since we have EB. And obviously don't pick up spell damage on the tree until you get CoE.
Something like this is more that sufficient to get started
If you have a CoE then use an ES shield with Spell damage and Life.
Rathpith is a good option to start with.
Otherwise just use a high ES shield with life and resists
Fill out the rest of your gear as you can:

Character Sheet DPS/Defense Screenshots
Kinetic Blast solo DPS, 5L setup and all charges up

Frenzy Solo DPS, 4L setup with all charges up

Solo Defense

Gameplay Videos
Last edited by BigsMcGee on Jan 8, 2015, 10:28:56 AM
Where is character stats and dps screenshots and play video?
"
lky940820 wrote:
Where is character stats and dps screenshots and play video?

Im creating this guide as we speak. I will update with videos and screenshots as soon as I can.
Updated with screenshots and gameplay video. Will add more videos in the future.
atziri viable?
would this wand be good enough for this build?
"
zeeh34 wrote:
atziri viable?

I have not attempted Atziri but I can't imagine she would be much of an issue since this is the tankiest wander I've ever played. CwDT setup takes care of the Trio so the only hard part would be Atziri herself. Put your AoE setup in a 4L and the single target in your 5L/6L.

I can do a few runs soon to figure out the optimal setup.

"
darkblazer250 wrote:
would this wand be good enough for this build?

That wand has good pDPS but its lacking a crit roll which is a huge issue. Ideally you want a wand with at least 10% crit since that where most of the damage comes from.
Nice guide really fun build, using it on bloodlines at the moment.

Only level 78 so still clearing 69's 70's until I get a better wand.

Currently running: KB - PCoC - Additional Accuracy (accuracy was low) - Weapon Ele - GMP
Aura's/Other: Arctic Armor, HoT, HoA, HoI
Stats: 3.5k life - 3.3k mana (1.2k unreserved) - 270 mana regen (I'll eventually grab a 5L Cloak of Defiance)

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Notes on Skilltree -
I picked up fusilage for now since I was lacking acccuracy and the damage is always nice

Skill tree:
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
"
twapper wrote:
Nice guide really fun build, using it on bloodlines at the moment.

Only level 78 so still clearing 69's 70's until I get a better wand.

Currently running: KB - PCoC - Additional Accuracy (accuracy was low) - Weapon Ele - GMP
Aura's/Other: Arctic Armor, HoT, HoA, HoI
Stats: 3.5k life - 3.3k mana (1.2k unreserved) - 270 mana regen (I'll eventually grab a 5L Cloak of Defiance)

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Notes on Skilltree -
I picked up fusilage for now since I was lacking acccuracy and the damage is always nice

Skill tree:

Glad you're enjoying the build. If you don't have a cloak yet then there's no sense in having so much unreserved mana since wanders gain so much damage from auras. I would drop a herald for Hatred until you get a cloak.
just woundering which would be better the unique shield you have or a rare shield with high flat life and around the same amount of spell dmg just woundering which would give more hp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info