First Descent Champions race in 5 months, out of practice (also new Blood of Summer stats)

I start this race feeling good about playing my favorite race for the first time in a long time. I play a Flameblast Witch using both Blood of Summer swords. I knew they were nerfed but tried the build anyway.

New Blood of Summer Stats

Rarity: Unique
Blood of Summer
Rusted Sword
--------
One Handed Sword
Physical Damage: 5-13 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.45
--------
Requirements:
Level: 16
Int: 41
--------
Sockets: W-W-W
--------
Itemlevel: 1
--------
18% increased Accuracy Rating
--------
Adds 2-6 Physical Damage
2% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge
+1 maximum Frenzy Charge
20% increased Radius of Area Skills
33% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill
--------
Into darkness, horror, madness...
So goes the descent.

I immediately realized how out of practice I was with this race when I forgot to pick up Storm Call from the second chest. I normally off-screen Rukuku with it. I tried to kill him with Tendrils but died instead. I still made it to level 20 on my reroll which is not that bad for me (I'm a casual racer).

What's the point of this thread then? Well, this probably would not have happened if we had a chance to practice this race type. Not even considering the fact that this race was gone for 5 months, I wish GGG would let us play this race type whenever we want as practice. Normal races can be practiced for by playing in Hardcore League, but this can't. Some of us may not even consider this mode practice and maybe want to play this mode for fun. Same goes for normal Descent and Endless Ledge.

Granted, this was one race that I made a mental mistake on, although this may not have happened if we had a chance to practice this. I really enjoy this race (and normal Descent) and wish I could play it for fun and/or practice for actual race events instead of only being able to play it in actual races.

What do you all think about this?
If you got to practice it then less people would look forward to it in the first place. Racing is already slowly dwindling downhill. Could blame several reasons for it, but ultimately I think it's just that changes are way to seldom.

ps, movespeed from swords needs to go.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
ZoRoXo wrote:

ps, movespeed from swords needs to go.

don't touch my summerz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info