3lmo's AoF Burning Discharger [1.3] -- Reflect Proof, High Damage, Crazy Clearspeed (new video up!)

I want to share my version of a burning discharger build. Let me say that this build is not cheap at all, if you don't have enough currency i wouldn't recommend trying this build. (There are many alternatives which are cheaper tough)

This version doesn't use enduring cry for generating charges, but the Voll's Devotion / Romira's Banquet Combo:

A fast hitting spell is needed to generate power charges as fast as possible, in this case incinerate is the clear winner. Because of it's really low base cast time it fits perfectly for this purpose

Trough discharge we trade our power charges for endurance charges. This way of generating charges is much faster and isn't affected by monster density like it would be with enduring cry. This allows us to keep our damage high, even against single targets. A second bonus is the ability to use a curse on hit gem to simultaneously curse our enemies while getting ready for the next discharge.

I use a combination of these curses:

Flammability => main curse, always used
Ele Weakenss => option 1 for second curse
Warlord's Mark => option 2 for second curse

For Reflect Maps I feel much safer with the additional leech of Warlord's Mark, for everything else I go full ham with Flammability & Ele Weakness.

My current Tree (Lvl 91)

Goal (Lvl 100)

Bandit Quest: Kill, Kill, Help Oak (Endurance Charge)

Trough the usage of Vaal Pact + Life Leech Gem + Warlord's Mark + Arctic Armour Lvl22 we're as safe as it's possible against ele reflect (atleast i think so). Normal reflect isn't noticable, in maps just roll with Warlord's Mark and pop a Ruby Flask against double reflect.

Damage

Current Tooltip (with 6 Power & Endurance Charges)
Spoiler

I use 6 Endurance and 6 Power Charges, convert everything to fire damage trough Avatar of Fire and scale it with Ele + Spell + Fire + Burn Damage from the Tree and my Gear (mostly Searing Touch). Conc Effect as a "more" multiplier pushes the damage through the roof and with almost all AOE nodes from the tree + Inc AOE gem we still have a huge area of effect (offscreening with proliferated burn).

Defense

Defensive Tab (with 6 Endurance Charges)
Spoiler

Some Defensive Mechanics:

- We have almost always 6 endurance charges up => 24% physical damage reduction
- We can pop Immortal Call to become fully immune to physical damage for 10 seconds. It's easily possible to have 100% uptime on Immortal Call
- Vaal Molten Shell combined with instant leech is just amazing. Get hit, hit them, leech life back. Basically a fully automatic regeneration.

This Character is by far not the tankiest out there, if you make mistakes you die. Tough with clever positioning and good flask management, it's well fitted for end-game content.

My Gear + Gem Links
Spoiler

Videos (more will be added soon)

If you have any questions or suggestions on how to improve this build-thread please feel free to contact me here or in game (IGN: BurnThisShit)
Last edited by 3lmo on Mar 28, 2015, 11:55:31 AM
Nice build mate, thanks a lot for sharing it.
Tried replace incinerate + gmp with arc + enhance and use EE?
"
zamppe wrote:
Tried replace incinerate + gmp with arc + enhance and use EE?

EE wouldn't work at all because of Avator of Fire. And why would i use Arc + Enhance?
Great idea. Best I could come up with was lightning warp + curses on hit. Have you tried it with EE instead of AoF?
hi man nice build,2 questions,how you got always endurance charges up and 2nd you get power charges from incinerate every time you cast it ? im trying to follow this build im lvl 27 now but my max dmg is from other spells,mostly incinerate,i always have to cast endurance cry manual and then disharge but my dmg for now is low ofc i dont have any support gem.ty anyway if you can answer ill be pleased man.
read the description of the two unique items right at the start of the guide. this build isn't viable in low levels. try to use something different like flameblast or firetrap to get to endgame and then respec into this build otherwise you'll gonna have a hard time
I was kinda curious, I've been wanting to play a discharger for a while and the 1M league that was shown looked like as good a time as any. Do you think it'd be possible to level as any sort of discharger, obv. not following your tree since I won't have a Voll's or a Romira's for quite some time if ever. Just kinda tired of flameblasting my way to 60 then respeccing for every build I play so yeah.

Also idk if you have any experience with RF discharge but would you say that a superior build in terms of clearspeed and cheapness until you get really good gear like what you have?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info