Visibility of boss mechanics?

I just wanted to know if GGG has a particular mindset when it comes to boss mechanics, especially when it comes to stuff like traps.

Getting hit by a red glowing marker on the ground(Ephij, Crackling Sky) or a blue glowing one(Herald of Obelisk) is just being a bad player or making a mistake(or desync Kappa), whereas constantly walking into Rima's traps just because you can't see them doesn't feel like a very good design.

Does GGG want to make deadly mechanics less visible, or is it just something they didn't think about?
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Last edited by rinleezwins on Dec 22, 2014, 11:03:02 AM
"
rinleezwins wrote:
I just wanted to know if GGG has a particular mindset when it comes to boss mechanics, especially when it comes to stuff like traps.

Getting hit by a red glowing marker on the ground(Ephij, Crackling Sky) or a blue glowing one(Herald of Obelisk) is just being a bad player or making a mistake(or desync Kappa), whereas constantly walking into Rima's traps just because you can't see them doesn't feel like a very good design.

Does GGG want to make deadly mechanics less visible, or is it just something they didn't think about?

I expect it's just because traps have been in so long (and so rarely used by monsters) that they haven't really reconsidered them.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
"
Milchut wrote:
"
rinleezwins wrote:

I expect it's just because traps have been in so long (and so rarely used by monsters) that they haven't really reconsidered them.

So the glowing blue things that Herald of Obelisk leaves on the ground - aren't they like lightning traps with a new model?
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
+1 for making all mob traps more visible. Perpetus and Caliga-style traps are quite deadly as well, and it would be really handy for players to have a skill-based, (rather than just lucking out and not walking on them) way to see them for avoidance.
well its a trait of the traps that they go invisible. thats why they are called TRAPS :P but yeah its extremly frustrating (the goddamn Beartrap exiles... ohh i did kill him lets lo- BÄM Beartrap with 1000000000 DMG > Welcome to Softcore *w* ). Perpetus and Caliga are my most hated enemys because they spam a million traps per second and the dmg is incredible. idk but RIma so far didnt kill me nearly as much as these 2 assholes :D

+1 for Visible Traps and GGG release Lightning Storm and Rain of Ice allready :c
Trap bosses can be a bit tricky. I try to kite them in a growing spiral shape so i am not walking where they are throwing traps. Easier said than done i know. Perpetus is more of a turn and burn boss for me though. His life pool is quite small and he doesn't tend to go to ape s@&t (pun!) with the traps.
I just play crit so flasks are always up doesnt matter what boss mods are.

For the longest time reflect allies mod and traps used to kill me until I played perma flask.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 23, 2014, 11:26:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info