[1.3][Torment] Starfish's Igna Phoenix Build! Lowlife RF Firestorm/ball Witch

Highlights:

Cheap and easy leveling

I rushed to Zealot's Oath and got there by act 1 cruel. Bought myself a blood magic gem, Redbeak and Springleaf shield. leveled with a normal ES chest and avoided chaos damage until I had enough currency to buy a Solaris Lorica around act 2 cruel.
That held me through the entire leveling process easily and got me into public Dominus farming groups, where I earned enough currency to buy a Rise of the Phoenix

Summary:
Redbeak: 1 alchemy.
Springleaf: 4 alternation.
Solaris Lorica: 4 chaos. (looked for ilvl 50+)

As for the RotP, I got it for 30 chaos after 2 days of farming Dominus with a public party.

[spoiler="Benefits from Pain Attunement, RF and Redbeak"]
Pain Attunement gives a 30% MORE multiplier and RF gives another 56% MORE multiplier (plus some increased spell damage from quality) which ends up DOUBLING (2.028) any base damage you might get. Redbeak is a cheap 100% increased damage that effects both your spells and RF burn damage.

Pretty tanky when RF is off

80/79/79 and 877 regen. (as soon as I replace my gloves and get that fire resist)
I achieve this by having Springleaf and Ephemeral Edge on weapon swap :-)

[/spoiler]

I'm very excited to share this build with the community, I've been pushing very hard to level the build up to a reasonable spot to showcase :-)

As you can tell by the picture and the title of the thread, this is my attempt to BECOME Igna Phoenix, the Rouge Exile we all know and love.

I decided to try this build out after the relocation of Zealot's Oath in 1.3, and because a Firestorm build is in my queue since my first character in PoE, a RoA Firestorm Ranger.

Without any further ado,
here's an explanation of how this build works:

Zealot's Oath and Life regeneration

Zealot's Oath keystone makes your regeneration apply to your energy shield, that includes both flat regen (coral amulet, regeneration totem, etc.) and percent based regen (vitality)
The deal though, is that the percent regen is based on your max ES instead of your max life pool.

Righteous Fire and ES

To sustain Righteous Fire you need to stack a lot of maximum fire resistance and a lot of life regeneration.
Thankfully RF is more forgiving on ES based characters by only burning 70% per second compared to 90% per second for life based characters.
Although since I'm not using CI, RF calculates the burn damage with both my max life and my max ES pools, which can be problematic since the life regeneration is only based on your max ES pool. It's pretty important to avoid having any life on gear because of that, in order to minimize the extra damage taken because of the life pool.

Tree and bandits

Bandits: mana/castspeed/point or mana/point/point. having that cast speed is pretty important for kiting with firestorm, but if you can get cast speed on gear that might solve it.

Rushing to Zealot's: 28 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH5UgwfOio3_GHNyTJ7QM6roNfFfJKPrr7riTpwidrhps98E=

I recommend grabbing Shaper and Harrier right after that for survivability and QoL :-)
Then rush to Pain Attunement for the DPS

Sustaining RF minimum requirement: 87 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH5UgwfOio3_GHNyTJ7QM6roNfFfJKPrr7riTpwidrhps98Ga4EWdU1KPRh0U-tIXLySwQqOApEZx4YiDCW-eykrDOpu1GYr7CfbaGo_BxewYcLvZEy9vgsf56Gh02mKUoEGHtz7GrjwtTP-vbGjyfA6nVVugxPYn7QYO1HwJ9hku2WGtjc9-Vw3xrCkufLgaPl8_HKcMX1Ol

You'll need level 17 auras and Rise of the Phoenix.
If you can't sustain RF at that point, your ES to life ratio isn't good enough. replace any gear that has max life on it, if you don't have any - get gear with higher ES, it really doesn't have to be GG endgame gear to do the job.

My current tree at lvl 75: 93 points

Current gear at lvl 75 and links

weapon swap:

Firestorm's tooltip is currently 1k with lvl 17 gems and in a 4L. I compared it to other firestorm builds and I feel confident about it :-).
Please let me know what you guys think! suggestions also appreciated

Updates and Changelog

* lvl 79: 1.3k avg damage firestorm, 4.3k ES. Ditched Fireball setup and replaced with vDiscipline + increased duration + lightning warp (better than nothing)

Changes:
* Updated final build plan to replace Melding and Written in Blood with Unnatural Calm as suggested on reddit

Last edited by Starshine_Buzi on Dec 30, 2014, 2:27:16 PM
wow another unique build,gz.why r u saying u want to kite using firestorm when the rf build is a man mode build.how r u able to run all auras without taking more reduced mana reserve and able to cast firestorm continuously without clarity.1k firestorm is endgame dps gz on that
"
gokulnath wrote:
wow another unique build,gz.why r u saying u want to kite using firestorm when the rf build is a man mode build.how r u able to run all auras without taking more reduced mana reserve and able to cast firestorm continuously without clarity.1k firestorm is endgame dps gz on that

Thanks!
I am having some mana issues when playing solo, but its not too bad. I don't have any hidden tricks for running the auras - they just work with the links I showed in my gear and with the current tree.

About kiting, it's one of the benefits of using firestorm: you don't have to watch the mobs die, you can cast and walk away. Kiting is just faster by way of clearspeed, and safer because RF is not really optimized until I get my purity of fire to level 20 (which will get me 6% max fire resist compared to 4%)
Is red beak really worth it over an average spell damage wand? I guess a perm 100% damage would be as good as any weapon damage but you could have cast speed or gem levels.
"
IsJustWrong wrote:
Is red beak really worth it over an average spell damage wand? I guess a perm 100% damage would be as good as any weapon damage but you could have cast speed or gem levels.

Redbeak is nice because it also increased the damage of RF while a regular wand doesn't (correct me if I'm wrong)
TBH fireball is just for the theme, I rarely ever get to use it. Considering dropping that and putting a lvl 1 clarity there alongside with lightning warp and reduced mana, but then I can't call myself an Igna Phoenix build :/
I'm doing a build that's very similar to this but I just have one question. I'm pretty new to rf but I thought you couldn't snap shot anymore. I saw your alternate weapons and assumed they're for the snap shot but if not, what are they for? Does springleaf and ephemeral affect rfs initial burn and then you swap to be able to regenerate thru it? Or is springleaf kind of an oh shit scenario shield?
Well my question is this:

The tree gives you 40% increased fire damage, 16% increased spell damage, and 6% cast speed, while Redbeak gives you 100% increased damage. In total you have 156% increased damage and 6% cast speed, which gives a total base multiplier of 5.5 when multiplied by the RF and Pain Attunement bonuses.

The Solaris Lorica means you can't use a 5-link that has a lot of blue gem requirements, so you're missing out on the 5th link.

With a 93-point life-based tree that runs a really high amount of life/mana
(example)

I have 88% elemental, 16% spell elemental, 56% fire, 99% spell damage, and 58% cast, while maintaining an excellent 163% life. That results in a 5.7 multiplier, excluding the weapon. If we take into account a low-end semi-decent weapon (e.g. 90 spell/fire and 10 cast), that's a 7.5 multiplier. That's already 37% more DPS than what your RF + PA is giving you.

The life build also allows us to use an ES chest for a 5-link (Faster Casting or Fire Pen for even more DPS), and it also allows us to use Arctic Armor to be really tanky. It also doesn't require a RoTP, it can use a Saffell's frame to achieve the same amount of elemental resistance, and there are plenty of 5-links that can be obtained within 30 chaos.

So what advantages does your build have over a life build like the one I listed above?
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
Well my question is this:

The tree gives you 40% increased fire damage, 16% increased spell damage, and 6% cast speed, while Redbeak gives you 100% increased damage. In total you have 156% increased damage and 6% cast speed, which gives a total base multiplier of 5.5 when multiplied by the RF and Pain Attunement bonuses.

The Solaris Lorica means you can't use a 5-link that has a lot of blue gem requirements, so you're missing out on the 5th link.

With a 93-point life-based tree that runs a really high amount of life/mana
(example)

I have 88% elemental, 16% spell elemental, 56% fire, 99% spell damage, and 58% cast, while maintaining an excellent 163% life. That results in a 5.7 multiplier, excluding the weapon. If we take into account a low-end semi-decent weapon (e.g. 90 spell/fire and 10 cast), that's a 7.5 multiplier. That's already 37% more DPS than what your RF + PA is giving you.

The life build also allows us to use an ES chest for a 5-link (Faster Casting or Fire Pen for even more DPS), and it also allows us to use Arctic Armor to be really tanky. It also doesn't require a RoTP, it can use a Saffell's frame to achieve the same amount of elemental resistance, and there are plenty of 5-links that can be obtained within 30 chaos.

So what advantages does your build have over a life build like the one I listed above?

I thought it's something worth sharing, not saying it should be the new meta.

I looked around for other LLRF builds out there and this guy had some good stuff to learn from:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1115543
When I do get my funding right, I'll buy a Vertex and get 3 reds with vorici and later on a shavs (I'm making currency rapidly, i'd say it will take about a week or so)
Is there a reason to have Ephemeral Edge and Springleaf in your weapon swap? Since snapshot is gone, I don't know if you use it for something else.
IGN: DylanRyder
The Crit Philosopher: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960124
Dominus Split Runs guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1212404
What is your total ES?

edit: nvm i am dump
Last edited by umuk on Dec 23, 2014, 7:48:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info