Lord of the Dead. (Witch Summoner Build) Updated 2.0 patch

Piety is the arch nemesis of summoners, to even have a chance you need a shield with insane +all resists, nero aegies and purity aura.

Or just roll in a duo group with one of the unkillable marauders or templars.
"
Poseison wrote:
Hey blacksheepnz nice build. I was wondering if there was a video of it in action :)?

Good day

Not for the next few weeks, working to much. But i will try to release one.
"
jam3s121 wrote:
i just died to piety last night with this build, similiar to the op's
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTa9t9GOyKwFR5Awj0i3qnK-L3O-FtGcHz8Xaio3_GflknqRzcOBuTJ7-XyT3yHrQMRnH7CZUgKPrr7riTzfp8g2KsDH0Qf8aepwjZCyqY-oAVUNrdj0bQ0JuhSOdnvffXzLyFYKrETbk=

my main concern about re doing my summoner witch is

I don't want to go double spell totem skeletons, but on piety cruel i could not effectively stack up skeletons to fight her, I died with her at about 30% and i shouldn't of died (she threw two lighting balls towards me and I paniced with low health and died).. but I was mainly getting 2-4 and then the totem was dying. I ddon't want to be crippled using skeleton totem but it was virtually impossible to heal my zombies and spectres and they died so fast

that was using a minion health and hyrbrid flask.

Also, wouldn't be ideal to just use something like firestorm with elemental weakness+flammablity? Or fireball.. that would mean the pets and the actual summoner are dealing almost true damage to any enemy. I was using arc with static blows previously

my gem set up was

spectre>LMP>minion damage
summon skeleton>spell totem>faster casting
summon zombies>minion life>minion damage>minion speed
purity>clarity>reduced mana

What difficulty where you playing on and what level where you?
"
Draqone wrote:
OK, I have a question....

For an EB build with loads of mana and no ES, wouldn't the sword be just as viable as the wand?

Wouldn't using the wand sacrifice too much survivability? Or: shield > 30% life. Please explain ^.^

That's why i only suggest this late game where you have a lot of healh nodes, using the sword is fine just remember you don't have the defense option of a shield. Here is the one i use:

"
Draqone wrote:

PS: Anyone knows if using Lightning warp with spell totem is even possible? *has an image of a totem warping around the battlefield*

Yes, i have tested this :)
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
"
blacksheepnz wrote:

1. That is correct, you have to raise new ones.

2. When spectres are raised that is their stats. IE if you raise a spectre with GMP, then change the skill gem to LMP, one of your spectres will have GMP and the other one will have LMP. So with that theory, when a spectre is raised that's the stats they have and will always have untill they die.

Also im not sure if the different acts reduce minion stats.

Ok so basically you want to raise the highest level specters you can that have skills you want. I'm better off raising a spark mage from Chamber Of Sins in act 2 than a spark goatman from act 1, because of level difference (and not just because of skills). I'm currently fond of ancient constructs and vexing archers, with Fork and Minion Damage, but will they be useful in act 3 when they wind up too low level I wonder. I know I'll replace them anyway but I want to know if act 1 or 2 mobs will still be viable in late act 3.

I was using Flame Sentinel(cruel) in merciless, or until i reached one of my guys on the Spectre tier list. Between the acts doesn't really matter, although certain spectres are better in certain situations.
Thanks for this thread, been a great help reading it over!
"
Faction3 wrote:
Well, the life values themselves are subjective in this particular case. Simply because when you hit level 60 or 70, you'll have upwards of 25 Minions out for just about any major conflict. With that being said, if you're even looked at, let alone touched by an enemy enough to be killed, you're doing something wrong.

I don't know about that, honestly. If you are going HP, then more never really hurts. Also, Undying Incinerators and Undying Alchemists in high level maps are INSANE and drain life quicker than you can get ready to be disappointed at losing 15% xp (or your character completely, if you play HC) :p. There may be times where that extra bit of life really won't save you, but there have also been numerous times when I was drained to 1 or 2% of my life but that was enough to get out of the way and refill my health and I truly believe that the extra bit of HP from the act 2 reward is to praise for that.
Updated - How GGG can improve Summoners.

Added:

Saving Spectres //Giant buff
Giving us the ability to save spectres once we have captured them, or save them in some kind of support gem :O (Kinda like Pokemon)

Quality of life changes
Micheal Jackson Zombie skin, /zombiedance and they all line up and do the thriller dance.

9pm-late NZT
http://www.twitch.tv/blacksheepnz
Last edited by blacksheepnz on Feb 17, 2013, 8:16:43 AM
"
Faction3 wrote:
Well, the life values themselves are subjective in this particular case. Simply because when you hit level 60 or 70, you'll have upwards of 25 Minions out for just about any major conflict. With that being said, if you're even looked at, let alone touched by an enemy enough to be killed, you're doing something wrong.

I went for the Skillpoints, and suggest everyone do the same with a Summoner Build. If you have more minions on the screen then enemies at ANY TIME, getting any life as a substitute to ANYTHING else, especially a skillpoint, is just not constructive towards the purpose of your build. If you ever encounter a single boss or mob out there that can kill 20+ minions and survive (with Minion Instability, as all but my Spectres are Melee), then all the Life in the world isn't going to help you, your ass is going to be a shoe, period. Especially if you have the Wand equipped...The Wand axes 30% of your life, and as a caster, you don't exactly have Marauder-type health in the first place, so couple that with the fact that most casters have inherently small pools of life, it's even more reason to pass on any Life if the alternative is a skillpoint, as you'll get more Life than you'll ever need from the Passive Tree as a Necromancer. Even moreso if you use Warlords Mark.

I mean c'mon...the 3 skillpoints from the 3 difficulties can max out the Soul Siphon cluster. With that, you'll never have Mana Issues again. I run 3 leveled Auras (except Clarity, I stopped that at level 9 I think), and have a total of 433 Mana left...Never hit bottom of that Globe yet.

Soul Siphon isn't part of this particular build though.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBLMHYwj0DH0QfxCXEdsUTRSwFVAWbxmFGjgabBzcJDwkqicLJ6ko-ilPKpgxiDN2Nuk4GzlSOjA62DvhRARGcUjnSTpJUU25TdhObVXGVytYB1ptWpFqrGvbbRlzU3kDfRh-WX_GgW-CHoLHhWCIQIt6jHaPRpAzkFWRz5I4kyeVIJuhna6ePKIAoqOmrKcIpyunXKeEqH2qxKyYtAy4k7w3vJ-_l8BUwfPGnsk9zLzPZdDQ0_vUGdkL2t3bC-L342rjn-QR5CLr7uw47IrwH_F28h731_qA-wn9z_5J

is what I'm using as a guide. This build has deadend +8% life nodes that can be dropped for the quest reward.

I chose the life reward. Just about everyone says it's worth it over the point. The next two will be the points though.
Last edited by MrSparkle001 on Feb 17, 2013, 1:00:05 PM
So whats everones favourite combo for specters?

Im currently in love with 4 Flame Sentinel specters with,

The damage output is just mental, and when you support them with Flammability, Discipline and Purity they tend to survive decently. Wish i could get a 5 or 6l though so i could add minion hp and life leech.

Im considdering swapping out the GMP for Chain though, as most of the fireballs seem to miss.

And for those that intend to go for the sword like me, heres a warning. Its pure hell to get blue slots on it. After ~100 chromatic orbs my best is still only 2 blue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info