Can you use CoC with the same spell in multiple pieces of gear?

I noticed that summon raging spirits says you can summon up to 50 spirits. It seems like a cap that they set just to have a cap. I figure you could probably use CoC to have a decent number of spirits active at one time, but would it be possible to socket CoC and raging spirits in to most of your pieces of gear, and just have one skill you use to cast it several times per crit? I'm not sure how practical that would be but it seems like it would be fun to have tons of them running around your screen at once.
You can, but it will only be a boost for its chance to trigger, and multiplicative at that, so it probably isn't worth it. You still won't be able to get multiple spirits with the same crit, because the first SRS gem that goes off will put the spell on mini cooldown and no other will be able to trigger.

Because trigger supports don't have a cooldown, they give cooldown to triggered spells, and while a spell is on cooldown it's global, not per gem. It can't be cast again until cd expires and using a different gem in another item makes no difference.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Ah, oh well.
I think you missed some of his question. No, you can't have cast on crit gems in multiple pieces of gear proc'ing on the same critical strike. Why? Because the Cast on Crit gem has to be linked to the attack you are using to crit. So putting that gem in all your gear won't do anything if they aren't linked to your attack.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Ah, yes, now that you mention it, the whole concept would fail at drawing board.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The real question would then be :

Would multiple copies of the same counterattack skill with CoC stack?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
Exialis wrote:
The real question would then be :

Would multiple copies of the same counterattack skill with CoC stack?

No, same copies share same cd
Best as i can tell, increased duration fast cast on a scion or shadow will get a ton of em spewing out.
Shadow because it has alot of fast cast passives in its vicinity, scion has some too but easy access to duration passives, link a fast cast and duration gem and you can have an army of skulls floating around very early in game.
Well in theory, only playin for a week or so, so dont quote me on that :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info